• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

6 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

Rudolph was not fighting with him. Rudolph was trying to get him off him because Rudolph was already down from avoiding the sack. If anything, Rudolph just showed the league how tough he is by being blind sided by a helmet and tackle afterwards. Props to Rudolph although he played a crappy game. Goodbye Garret!  

You don't get a guy off you by yanking and twisting his helmet towards you.  Garret helped Rudolph out by demonstrating the more effective manner of ripping off a helmet. 

The whole Steel Curtain needs to pitch in for Pouncey's suspension though, that OL did his job.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

You don't get a guy off you by yanking and twisting his helmet towards you.  Garret helped Rudolph out by demonstrating the more effective manner of ripping off a helmet. 

The whole Steel Curtain needs to pitch in for Pouncey's suspension though, that OL did his job.

When I read his reply, I just look and said, I don't have time for blind as a bat comments and kept it moving. Rudolph was guilty like Garrett till Garrett decided to swing his helmet on Rudolph. 

• Like 2

I absolutely LOVE Trae. And I fully understand that he's not going to go off every night as it's just not humanly possible. I also understand that he was attracting double and triple teams all night. So I get the lesser production. 

With all that said, I gotta have more than 21 shots (18 attempts) from him on a regular basis. He's just too good to get lost at times in the game. If my charting is correct, here's his line by quarter:

1st: 5 shots - 0 Makes / 2 Fouls (4 FTs made) / 1 Block / 2 Misses / 4 points

2nd: 10 shots - 5 Makes / 1 Foul (2 FTs) / 0 Blocks / 4 Misses / 13 points

3rd: 2 Shots - 1 Make / 0 Foul / 0 Blocks / 1 Miss / 2 points

4th: 4 Shots - 1 Make / 0 Foul / 1 Block / 2 Misses / 2 points

Again, I KNOW he's being harassed by the defense every possession, but I still gotta find a way to get him more than 6 shots in the 2nd half and 18 overall. Especially while JC and Kev are out, he needs 28-30 shots (not attempts) a game.  He should get to the line on 5 or 6 of those shots and have official attempts on the other 23-25 shots. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So the moral of this game tonight is that NBA refs still suck as bad as SEC football refs. Maybe they feel that is a compliment to one of them. Pretty sure fans are not suppose to notice the refs as much or even more than the players.

They ruined the game last night. The officiating reminded me of Kings vs Lakers in the 2002 WCF. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 9:22 AM, NBASupes said:

Cam got screwed. Both of these were defensive fouls

Drew and then later Nique both went through that crap when they started with us. Took years for Drew to get a break at all. Still feels like that underlying bias thing thriving against Atlanta. Trae will surely break the spell at some point, has already happened some for him individually. As the NBA superiors have said before "We protect our stars."  Am counting on that for some relief and wins moving forward vs being so very opposed to it so much before Trae's arrival here.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

First one looked like an offensive foul to me.  Second looked like a defensive foul.  Neither looked like a flagrant.

I actually agree with this except for the flagrant thing.  By the new letter of the rule, they could be considered flagrants.  The problem is the rule, not the execution.

That said, that play happens about 20 times a night in every game but I don't see 20 flagrants being called.  IOW, if the guy doesn't p*ss out and go down, it's a common foul even though .. by the letter of the new rule, it should be a flagrant. 

See what I'm getting at here.  It's a bad rule.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I actually agree with this except for the flagrant thing.  By the new letter of the rule, they could be considered flagrants.  The problem is the rule, not the execution.

That said, that play happens about 20 times a night in every game but I don't see 20 flagrants being called.  IOW, if the guy doesn't p*ss out and go down, it's a common foul even though .. by the letter of the new rule, it should be a flagrant. 

See what I'm getting at here.  It's a bad rule.

I am less talking about letter of the law and more that this kind of play happens 20 times a night without one flagrant being called let alone two.  The good news it that it shouldn't take a lot of work to adjust to avoid leading quite this much with the elbow but if the league were calling this consistently it would be different than the reality today where that is simply an ordinary foul.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I am less talking about letter of the law and more that this kind of play happens 20 times a night without one flagrant being called let alone two.  The good news it that it shouldn't take a lot of work to adjust to avoid leading quite this much with the elbow but if the league were calling this consistently it would be different than the reality today.

I feel like you agreed with me in the most confusing way possible.

The young ref crew had a bad night.  The foul numbers weren't that different between the teams but the calls they made were just ... off.  Not saying they were on the take or anything, it was just a really weirdly officiated game.

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Going in to last night, the Hawks avg committing 22.2 fouls per game over the first 10 games while drawing 21.6 fouls. Fairly even. Last night they were called for 31 fouls and drew 24. The really absurd thing was the 10 offensive fouls. They had 20 coming into the game and were called for 10 last night. Avg 2/game but commit 10 last night? Really? 

Exactly.  That's the tough thing about it.  If you look at the numbers, they're not so disparate.  It's the calls that were made that were the problem.  Double-digit offensive fouls?  That's unheard of.  The block/charge thing is a judgment call to a large degree.  Sorry, no way they were that perfect on defense all night.  At some point, as a ref, you need to realize when you're getting duped.

• Like 2