• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

Say what u will about a player like Jimmy Butler, but I wish we had him on this team. Jimmy actually has the NUTS to call out garbage players like Bembry and shitty coaches like LP

Becuz he actually cares!!!

I don't give a damn how many players are out. They clearly DO NOT CARE!!!

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

No pride

No discipline

No awareness.

This team is just so hard to watch. 

Honestly, I really don't want to hear a Cam hater ever again on here. His awareness>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

I don't want to hear nothing about finishing or making shots. His defense and overall awareness>>>>>>>>

How is Crabbe a NBA veteran?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If you've ever been in a 30 point blowout, that's not a "don't care" look.  That's a "what can we do" look.

This is exactly what it is. Overwhelmed. I remember being on some trash teams having that feeling as a young kid.

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

D Jones might be the worst rebounding big i've ever seen. And i'm not being facetious.

He is up there in all honesty 

7 minutes ago, enrique said:

Could we maybe get some rebounds?

Hard to win when you are getting pounded into oblivion on the glass!

That's on the coach as well.  LP has made the decision to play SFs at PF, when he should be going with 2 bigs.  Bruno is nimble enough to play the 4 on defense.  He runs out on shooters all the time to contest 3s.  Jones and Len do it far less frequently.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I hate to break it to ya'll, but Collins isn't going to solve this.  Huerter might, because he can handle the ball.  But with Collins in the game, Trae is still going to get doubled and the perimeter guys are still going to keep throwing up bricks.

So unless Collins dramatically increases his volume of 3 point makes, it's not going to get any better unless we come up with another offense that doesn't involve pick and roll action.

The teams that don't double Trae off the pick and roll, are dumb as hell, because Trae will kill you if you don't.  So all of them will start to double him, and the Hawks will have to make adjustments.  So far, LP and the Hawks haven't made ANY adjustments to counter this.

JC is an elite movement big and rebounder. He will solve A LOT of out problems. Collins will eat teams alive with his movement if they double Trae. We've seen it when he was playing. D Jones is a HUGE DOWNGRADE.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

They look like that b4 it even gets to that point!!!!

Soft ass team

They really are soft. Outside of Trae, they are very soft. Travis put together some hot garbage

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

I mean Jimmy laid into KAT (and Wiggins) big time and KAT is a damn good player(and he might of sparked something in Wiggins)

What do u think he would do to these bums and sorry ass coach???

I really respect players like that

Edited by Bonkers

24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because he has to play.  No sense in Trae playing 35 minutes in a game that we're going to lose by 40+.  So he has to play.

But he can't run this offense because the midrange game that everyone hates, isn't even taught anymore.  Instead of getting around his man and settling for a 16 footer, he's taking everything to the rim.  Because of that, his shot is being contested every single time.

Even our big men should be encouraged to take open midrange shots, if they're open.

No way would an old school team be down by 26 midway through the 2nd quarter.

LOL . . and still no Bruno or Len.  LP is literally going to die with Jones.

Bembry cant shoot midrangers. He's a 58% career free throw shooter. He shoots 32% from midrange. The reason he doesn't shoot is because he sucks at shooting.

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

I mean Jimmy laid into KAT (and Wiggins) big time and KAT is a damn good player(and he might of sparked something in Wiggins)

What do u think he would do to these bums and sorry ass coach???

I really respect players like that

Hawks would not have brought a guy like that in. But If I guy is going to do that it has to be kept in the locker room, not made a public spectacle.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This is exactly what it is. Overwhelmed. I remember being on some trash teams having that feeling as a young kid.

Yep.  Overwhelmed.

In my last game in high school, we got ran off the court by the #1 team in the state in the Round of 16 ( or what we call in Tennessee, the Sub-State playoffs ).   We hung with them for about 5 minutes.  Then they opened it up and started killing us. 

We were a small team with an athletic guy who was only 6-1, playing center.  So coach decides to play a 1 - 4 defense ( lol ) to guard their 6-9 All-State player.  That meant that we purposely gave them open 3s.  They weren't normally a good shooting team, but they made damn near all of them that night.

This was a majority black school, so by the 4th quarter, it was like a party in the stands.  Our All-State player, a white dude who could shoot the lights out ( the real life Jimmy Chitwood from Hoosiers ), had never been in that type of playing environment before, and you could tell, because he was SHOOK.  They roughed him up, talked a bunch of junk to him, and the fans were all over him.  He played horribly . . and we didn't help him by picking up the slack.

We ended up losing by 31.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

Hawks would not have brought a guy like that in. But If I guy is going to do that it has to be kept in the locker room, not made a public spectacle.

The Hawks wouldn't bring in a guy like that??? That's why the Hawks are in the sorry predicament they're in right now lmao

And stuff like that is eventually gonna get out one way or another in this day and age

Just now, Bonkers said:

The Hawks wouldn't bring in a guy like that??? That's why the Hawks are in the sorry predicament they're in right now lmao

And stuff like that is eventually gonna get out one way or another in this day and age

For better or worse, Hawks are big on culture and having team first guys. I personally dont mind a strong personality that likes to mix things up.

• Like 1

Jones piles up the fouls because he doesn't fight for rebounding position.  Once the ball comes off the rim, he then tries to go after the ball.  Most of the time, he's going over the back of someone.

Like I said.  Outside of catching lobs from Trae, what kind of contribution does he give us?

LOL . . and LP subs Jones . . . for Vince Carter?

Now Parker is playing the 5, and Vince the 4.

And LP complains about rebounding?   I guess Bruno must have cussed LP out under his breath.  He hasn't been back in the game since late in the 1st quarter.

• Like 1