• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Vince has lost his shooting touch. 

I'd take Vince out too.  I bet he wonders why in the world he signed with us.  He was visibly disgusted when the Collins suspension first happened.  I think he must have at least thought we'd be competitive.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DBac said:

The Rockets are basically what we want to be. It's a really solid scheme when you actually have playmakers. We don't even have a PJ Tucker type to find the open man after Trae gets trapped.

We are young, they are vets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Trae post game ...anyone heard it yet ? I’m interested to know how our star is taking yet another L

Nvm got my answer 

I feel bad for this young man . I hope we don’t continue this path too long! Truth is Trae is just ahead of the rebuild plan and he and luka are way better than anyone could have imagined at this point in their careers.

i understand the development phase as a team and I’m not saying trae doesn’t have more to learn but right now he really is very much ahead of his teammates around the same age as him 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

I'm starting to envision Schlenk ending up being the Hawks version of Coppolella tbh with the Hawks eventually having a surprise emergence earlier than thought. He gets some good talent but fails to mold a winner because all he knows about is really focusing on the draft, and the next regime does better at it. The thing that's a question is what ends up ousting him though? You don't have an IFA. 

Maybe another "incident" happens that does it.

Edited by Lurker

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm starting to envision Schlenk ending up being the Hawks version of Coppolella tbh with the Hawks eventually having a surprise emergence earlier than thought. He gets some good talent but fails to mold a winner because all he knows about is really focusing on the draft, and the next regime does better at it. The thing that's a question is what ends up ousting him though? You don't have an IFA. 

This is a bit of an overreaction.  The Hawks will probably get a couple of wins this week.  They have played a murders row of teams on back to backs and they are young team dealing with injuries.  They were competetive in the first two games of the road trip.  The overtime yesterday, made this game a wrap for Houston.  With no shooting, I didn't expect this type of loss, but I expected a loss. 

Now if we get blown out by every team next week, it may be time to panic, just a little.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Coppolella wasn't the GM long enough to fail to mold a winner. We were supposed to suck when he was here. 

• Like 1