• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Grizzlies

sturt

11 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

First game of the season we saw what this team can look like when it's at its best. At some point this year we'll see what this team looks like at its worst. Regardless of if where we fall between those two extremes against Memphis we'll know a lot more about this team after this game because Memphis is a quality team unlike the Bulls. 

But we'll be trotting out last years squad with all of the injuries.....lol

4 hours ago, sturt said:

Ordinarily, I'd be okay with a 1 point loss (per Vegas) in Memphis.

But given there's no actual home court advantage, and given that they're without one of their most core pieces, I'm really not sure that this should be a W for them necessarily.

I'd be outright convinced it shouldn't be if only we had a Noah Vonleh or John Henson on the roster instead of a 4th PG.

Agreed. Would much rather have another vet BIG right now instead of BG..

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Memphis is missing JJJ, Winslow and Porter so their front court depth is also depleted. 

Winslow is a guard..And I like how you snuck Porter in there..lol. Has he ever been healthy?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

I'd feel much more confident in the team if we had one more big body for Val.  Otherwise, the Hawks match up pretty decently against Memphis.  If they happen to do Memphis what they did in Chicago, prepare yourselves, I'm going FULL HOMER!

I don't expect that though. 

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Gallo plays, I like our chances!

I'm concerned about the rebounding even with Gallo.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

I'm afraid the Hawks are not going to win this game. If Capela was available, I'd be much more up to trying to be a homer. 

Would like to see a competitive game occur, but all in all, in the end, this will just be one game.

If this does somehow end up being a win though, it'll likely be in similar fashion to what San Antonio did honestly with playing a small lineup.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd feel much more confident in the team if we had one more big body for Val.  Otherwise, the Hawks match up pretty decently against Memphis.  If they happen to do Memphis what they did in Chicago, prepare yourselves, I'm going FULL HOMER!

I don't expect that though. 

I'm concerned about the rebounding even with Gallo.

I'm with you!  I will be insufferable to anyone willing to listen to me talk Hawks 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2