• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae's reaction on the behind back pass to Huerter for 3 :laugh1:.

The best thing, for me, was Cap'n Planet with the egregious hang on the rim after his dunk.

It's like the refs lost track of time and score.  They didn't realize we were so close otherwise they woulda t'd him up.  What?  Surely y'all saw they were waiting to see the results of the play before deciding to blow the whistle or not on fouls.

It actually went both ways some so this isn't the typical 'we lost a-cause-a the refs!' complaint.  They were just generally bad.  Super late on the whistle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

The refs missed some really obvious calls.  It was frustrating but that's not just the Hawks.  It's everyone who plays lebron and co.   I mean Gallo got hammered right in front of the ref by gasol. 

I loved on that behind the back how Trae just dared Harrell to go back to Heurter.   

I'm sure it was discussed here but was disappointed Trae failed to kick to wide open Gallo to end 3rd quarter and instead missed a contested 2.  But other than that Trae played a great game.  The dude gets so much unwarranted criticism it's just maddening.   Trae/Collins/Capela is the core of this team.   If Hunter continues his rise then we've gone from good to really good.   I can't wait to have Bogi off the bench again but i fear that might not be this season.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The refs missed some really obvious calls.  It was frustrating but that's not just the Hawks.  It's everyone who plays lebron and co.   I mean Gallo got hammered right in front of the ref by gasol. 

I loved on that behind the back how Trae just dared Harrell to go back to Heurter.   

I'm sure it was discussed here but was disappointed Trae failed to kick to wide open Gallo to end 3rd quarter and instead missed a contested 2.  But other than that Trae played a great game.  The dude gets so much unwarranted criticism it's just maddening.   Trae/Collins/Capela is the core of this team.   If Hunter continues his rise then we've gone from good to really good.   I can't wait to have Bogi off the bench again but i fear that might not be this season.  

Bogi will be back. CLP said his rehab is going well. Probably some time after the all star break.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I'll say this about the game.....

When they got down 10 at the start of the 4th (entirely on LP btw), I thought in year's past it would end in a route. Play solid for 3 quarters only to wilt when the better team flexed. The fact that they put Trae, Clint, and JC back in and IMMEDIATELY it's back to 4 pts when the Lakers had to call a To and then eventually back down to 1 pt is a testament to this team and how much they've grown. Really nice to see.  

It's also a HUGE indictment on LP's decision to play 3 minutes without any of them in the game.  Trae was absolutely abusing the Laker D in the 3rd and 4th. Pretty much getting whatever he wanted DESPITE a double team every time down the court.  I know he has to rest. But you don't rest him while your next 2 best players all rest too.  Just dumb.  

I said it last night but will reiterate it again, above all else, imo, this team needs to learn how to win against good competition. I felt like they did that for most of the night last night (and honestly, that effort last night would probably have beaten most of the NBA not named Lakers, Jazz, Clippers) but just couldn't do it the last 1:40.  From the time Trae made that 35-footer to pull within 1, it was all LBJ.  When he decided to score, nothing Hawks could do about it. 

LP is a dumbass..

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

CLP is having a marvelous coaching year.  So much so that folks watch our results and forget we were missing Bogd, Hunter, Okongwu, and more.

He still does dumb shitt...Thats all Im saying..

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

CLP is having a marvelous coaching year.  So much so that folks watch our results and forget we were missing Bogd, Hunter, Okongwu, and more.

Night and day better than last year. He's looking like rookie LP but with more experience. The coaching staff is clearly helping. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean we had the game tied in the fourth and played all the starters the rest of the way.  Not sure how coach blew that one.   Maybe Nate Knight was supposed to guard Lebron's fadeaway 3 daggers.

:Bud: "I like this strategy!"

:Nique: "But who's gonna guard Montrose Heyul?  Bintz, your thoughts?"

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean we had the game tied in the fourth and played all the starters the rest of the way.  Not sure how coach blew that one.   Maybe Nate Knight was supposed to guard Lebron's fadeaway 3 daggers.

Not just talking about last night..

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Night and day better than last year. He's looking like rookie LP but with more experience. The coaching staff is clearly helping. 

I recall CLP suggesting he was holding back, from a coaching perspective.  I was calling 'bull' on that after last season.  This season is leading me to believe he was indeed holding his cards at least to some degree.

It doesn't feel right when we agree, sir.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think the mistake was having Trae, JC and Capela out for an extended period to start the 4th. We went down 10 and never recovered. If Bron or AD is out there, we have to match with one of our big guns, especially with Hunter out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think the mistake was having Trae, JC and Capela out for an extended period to start the 4th. We went down 10 and never recovered. If Bron or AD is out there, we have to match with one of our big guns, especially with Hunter out.

This is where Hunter is missed, but to be fair.  Gallo and Rondo had played reasonable well to that point.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Tied the game shortly after though, no?

It didn't work out, obv., so he'd probably do it differently today.  But it wasn't a game-losing decision, I don't think.

• Like 3