• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Cwell said:

So he’s supposed to say eff what the call is, I’m just gonna run to the top of the key and demand the ball? Sure bro

Yeah somewhat.. I'm sure there weren't plays called for hunter but he put it upon himself to be aggressive and we re seeming him blossom. I don't see that type of attitude from him. He's really passive. Even if they aren't calling his number, he should be the one in the huddle wanting to score. And we've seen flashes of that numerous times

Just think.  In another 15 or 20 years The King will not be able to play anything other than the 4th quarter,  Maybe, just maybe, then the Hawks can get far enough ahead to overcome.  Until then, just sit back and enjoy King James as he leads his team over the Hawks.

Did any one really think, "Win over Lakers" and if so, why?

:smug:

Didn't you see all the help he was giving the refs?  

:beathorse:

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Which of you is #CourtsideKaren?

@JayBirdHawk is that you? 😆

@JayBirdHawk So LeBron called you a bitch? Damn.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30818967/fans-ejected-verbal-spat-lakers-lebron-james-atlanta

"So, I'm minding my own business, and Chris has been a Hawks fan forever. He's been watching the games for 10 years. Whatever, he has this issue with LeBron. I don't have an issue with LeBron. I don't give a f--- about LeBron," she says in the video. "Anyway, I'm minding my own business, drinking my [beverage], having fun. All of the sudden, LeBron says something to my husband, and I see this and I stand up. And I go, 'Don't f---ing talk to my husband.' And he looks at me and he goes, 'Sit the f--- down, bitch.' And I go, 'Don't f---ing call me a bitch. You sit the f--- down. Get the f--- out of here. Don't f---ing talk to my husband like that.'"

• Haha 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'll say this about the game.....

When they got down 10 at the start of the 4th (entirely on LP btw), I thought in year's past it would end in a route. Play solid for 3 quarters only to wilt when the better team flexed. The fact that they put Trae, Clint, and JC back in and IMMEDIATELY it's back to 4 pts when the Lakers had to call a To and then eventually back down to 1 pt is a testament to this team and how much they've grown. Really nice to see.  

It's also a HUGE indictment on LP's decision to play 3 minutes without any of them in the game.  Trae was absolutely abusing the Laker D in the 3rd and 4th. Pretty much getting whatever he wanted DESPITE a double team every time down the court.  I know he has to rest. But you don't rest him while your next 2 best players all rest too.  Just dumb.  

I said it last night but will reiterate it again, above all else, imo, this team needs to learn how to win against good competition. I felt like they did that for most of the night last night (and honestly, that effort last night would probably have beaten most of the NBA not named Lakers, Jazz, Clippers) but just couldn't do it the last 1:40.  From the time Trae made that 35-footer to pull within 1, it was all LBJ.  When he decided to score, nothing Hawks could do about it. 

But hell the Lakers were in the same boat.  Lebron couldn't sit at all.  Oldest guy on the floor plays 38 minutes in a road regular season game.    Trae played 38, John played 35.    I can't fault LP for trying to give them gas for the final push.   It almost worked.   We have to find a bench combo that can step up.

What's great to see is our starters getting stops.   

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm not suggesting they shouldn't rest, but they shouldn't rest at the same time.  There weren't many times with both AD and LBJ were on the bench last night. Certainly not in the 4th quarter.  

And agree about the starters. A lot of positives from last night. Just need the bench to get healthy and be productive. And they will, eventually.

Also, regarding LBJ, I think he's BETTER now than he ever has been because he plays smarter, imo.  He knows how to conserve energy while still being on the floor, but then turn it on when needed.  It's impressive.  

Lol, just guard Cam. I will say, Cam was a lot more active on offense movement wise in the 4th.  He has to understand how to play without the ball offensively. Like Solo does. Solo knows how to play without the ball. Cam has to learn that. This was an issue last year as well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We brought in Rondo and Gallo so we can get through stretches like that without our starters. It was just unlucky that Gallo had hopefully the worst 3 minutes he'll have all season (0-2 with 3 TO). If he converts just one of those possessions into points maybe we win. 

• Like 3