• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Normally he would get killed for having 7 turnovers. Especially those 2 at the end.

They weren't careless like in other games!  Hopefully this is the game we see a mature Trae going forward.  Great game!

• Like 4

Can't expect Cam Pippen to score when he's locked into guarding lebron.

Aunt Davis is too good to be so lazy.  Should've had 40 tonite and blown us out.

Fernando is now known as BruNOOOOO!!!

Nice to see the league give guys who've earned it, the pass on defense to maul guys and go uncalled.  Those perennial DPOY types.  Ya know, guys like Kawhi, Gobert .... Caruso?  Seriously, good roleplayer.  Nice hustle guy.  But when did he earn the rep to handcheck 90's style?

More later ... 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Reddish gets a pass always from me because of his d but we needed him today and he laid an egg

The real culprit was Gallo IMO. Cam was in because of D and he produced. Gallo is supposed to be our instant offense and couldn't buy a bucket and compounded by having some really terrible turnovers. He doesn't look like the same player since coming back from hist last injury. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Trae, Collins, Capela played well. The wing play and bench did the Hawks in. Huerter and Reddish were both 3 of 8, Gallinari 2 of 10, and Hill was 2 of 6.

Getting 10 of 32 from your top role players is not going to beat former champs and contenders.

This is why you don't depend on those guys to win games for you.  The Hawks lack of depth showed tonight.  Not having Hunter was huge but this is just 1 game.  If they continue to play like this when Hunter returns, they will win a lot of games this season!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Aunt Davis is too good to be so lazy.  Should've had 40 tonite and blown us out.

Nice to see the league give guys who've earned it, the pass on defense to maul guys and go uncalled.  Those perennial DPOY types.  Ya know, guys like Kawhi, Gobert .... Caruso?  Seriously, good roleplayer.  Nice hustle guy.  But when did he earn the rep to handcheck 90's style?

More later ... 

Yea if we want to point fingers Gallo and Bruno really were the guys that didn't give us anything. Especially to start the fourth the reason the Lakers went on a run and we were forced to go to our starters a little bit early to make it a game. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

More later ... 

Trae would've fouled Caruso out in the 3rd if the refs called the game right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The real culprit was Gallo IMO. Cam was in because of D and he produced. Gallo is supposed to be our instant offense and couldn't buy a bucket and compounded by having some really terrible turnovers. He doesn't look like the same player since coming back from hist last injury. 

Yeah him too clank and clank

47 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I thought Cam was respectable on defense, but unfortunately we cant trust Cam to play under control on offense most of the time.

And you’ll never be able to trust him if all you do is sit him in the corner all game and only give him “I’m only passing it to you because I have nothing after dribbling for 20 seconds” passes

38 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

Reddish gets a pass always from me because of his d but we needed him today and he laid an egg

....he barely touched the ball all game. What are you talking about? He was camped in the corner all game watching Trae dribble the air out of the ball and pointless Huerter action.  I can count on one hand how many meaningful touches he got tonight

7 minutes ago, Cwell said:

....he barely touched the ball all game. What are you talking about? He was camped in the corner all game watching Trae dribble the air out of the ball and pointless Huerter action.  I can count on one hand how many meaningful touches he got tonight

Just woulda liked to see him be more aggressive. Call for the ball, try to score

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Trae would've fouled Caruso out in the 3rd if the refs called the game right. 

Ah yea, officiating was garbage, but won't complain too much because we really got every whistle against Brooklyn lol. Guess the bookies that own the refs felt it was our turn to get shafted. 

Just now, hawkzlova123 said:

Just woulda liked to see him be more aggressive. Call for the ball, try to score

So he’s supposed to say eff what the call is, I’m just gonna run to the top of the key and demand the ball? Sure bro