• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Lakers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This team reminds me of the 2007 - 2008 Hawks.   Hella competitive, but always wilt at the end vs the good teams.

But they give you enough hope to keep rooting for them.

I'm not sure they "wilted" tonight. They just couldn't keep the starters in the game for the full 24 minutes in the second half. The bench dug a hole the starters couldn't overcome. Add in some very biased officiating and you get a guaranteed loss.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This team reminds me of the 2007 - 2008 Hawks.   Hella competitive, but always wilt at the end vs the good teams.

But they give you enough hope to keep rooting for them.

this wasn't a wilt though.  That bs foul call on Collins vs AD was bad with 1.4 seconds left and LAL leading by 1 then LBJ hits a 3. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, hawkman said:

I'm not sure they "wilted" tonight. They just couldn't keep the starters in the game for the full 24 minutes in the second half. The bench dug a hole the starters couldn't overcome. Add in some very biased officiating and you get a guaranteed loss.

the first 4 minutes of the 4th quarter doomed us with the bench. One of Trae, Collins and Capela should have been on the floor.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Almost perfect shot distribution.  Trae with 15 shots, John with 17 shots Capela 11.  And only 29  3 point attempts while playing smothering defense. Winning the battle of the boards against a great rebounding team.  This is winning basketball!  I want to see more of this please!!!!

• Like 3

Trae, Collins, Capela played well. The wing play and bench did the Hawks in. Huerter and Reddish were both 3 of 8, Gallinari 2 of 10, and Hill was 2 of 6.

Getting 10 of 32 from your top role players is not going to beat former champs and contenders.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He did have 7 turnovers , but probably only like 3 bad ones. Some were on teammates mishandling passes.

these weren't the crazy live ball turnovers though, like you said some were on his teammates.

• Like 2

Just now, hawkman said:

He would've been the difference. That's a big, strong SF to keep on Lebron that would make him work on the defensive end as well. 

I thought Cam was respectable on defense, but unfortunately we cant trust Cam to play under control on offense most of the time.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Normally he would get killed for having 7 turnovers. Especially those 2 at the end.

Not all of those were on him. He made some questionable passes, but the offensive foul(bogus) and him getting passed the ball in a trap at the end of the shot clock by Collins added to the total. 

• Like 2