• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

He needs to hire Vince as a personal trainer.

Vince wasn't here in the preseason or in December. 

I've never seen nothing like this. 

Do you realize Cam had the highest PIE for all Hawks in the preseason at 16. That's the same PIE as Trae in his starting all star season last year. 

His PIE right now is pure gutter.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

But he was a big part of Cam turning it around right? Could help him get out of this current funk.

Edited by aali34

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

The refs made bad calls on capela all game in my opinion . That’s what really changed the game ...THJ heated up yes but we still had control of the game . 
whrn capela went out the defense started scrambling and that’s too bad because we had a lot of good defensive possessions this game and instead of relying on offense to build leads we built our lead off of defense .

hawks need a back up center really bad the two young guys aren’t ready 

And PG..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've never seen nothing like this. 

Do you realize Cam had the highest PIE for all Hawks in the preseason at 16. That's the same PIE as Trae in his starting all star season last year. 

His PIE right now is pure gutter.

If Snell doesn't start over Cam Friday.................................................

Just now, bleachkit said:

Why is he shooting them? Go to the basket. Learn how to get open for cuts.

Bro, his 2pt% splits have not been good. He's actually improved this year compared to last year but if you were WOAT last year and now with struggle floater Trae and Kevin, that's not anything you can really hang your hat on. 

Ultimately, Cam's ability to draw fouls is the best part of his offense but his ball handling regression has severely hampered that. 

All in all, Cam is one of the worst offensive players in the NBA and it's not close. His metrics actually think he's really improved on that end. But that's due to his foul drawing and improving his 2FG% from worst in the NBA to struggle floater Trae and Kevin level which isn't good at all but better than the worst. 

If Cam just shot average with his volume, he would be solid right now. Right now, he's below average and that's due exclusively to his defense. His offense is bad bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, his 2pt% splits have not been good. He's actually improved this year compared to last year but if you were WOAT last year and now with struggle floater Trae and Kevin, that's not anything you can really hang your hat on. 

Ultimately, Cam's ability to draw fouls is the best part of his offense but his ball handling regression has severely hampered that. 

All in all, Cam is one of the worst offensive players in the NBA and it's not close. His metrics actually think he's really improved on that end. But that's due to his foul drawing and improving his 2FG% from worst in the NBA to struggle floater Trae and Kevin level which isn't good at all but better than the worst. 

If Cam just shot average with his volume, he would be solid right now. Right now, he's below average and that's due exclusively to his defense. His offense is bad bad.

LP has to go to Snell at this point..

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Cam is getting coaching. That's not the reason he isn't playing well. The boy can't shoot. He couldn't shoot at Duke and he can't shoot now. 

He was inconsistent at Duke. I watched every game. He would have 6 games where he looked like the best player on the team. Then he would have games where I rather Goldwire because he wouldn't shoot you in the foot. Still always rather than him than Joey Baker. 

Ultimately, his issue at Duke was easy to spot for @thecampster. Camp, what do you think his issue is now. In the last three games, he's been more shot ready but the results haven't been consistently there. What do you think?

1 minute ago, terrell said:

LP has to go to Snell at this point..

That's tough because Snell been flat out average and his defense hasn't helped us one bit. Him, Kevin, and Trae is too little defense. Offensively, it works. Hunter ultimately gave us the perfect mix with Kevin and Trae. He had just enough defense impact to where we can win against Meh and decent teams but not enough for the best teams. 

Snell is too little defense and not enough offense. Cam is inconsistently elite to below average defense with terrible offense. Rough.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's tough because Snell been flat out average and his defense hasn't helped us one bit. Him, Kevin, and Trae is too little defense. Offensively, it works. Hunter ultimately gave us the perfect mix with Kevin and Trae. He had just enough defense impact to where we can win against Meh and decent teams but not enough for the best teams. 

Snell is too little defense and not enough offense. Cam is inconsistently elite to below average defense with terrible offense. Rough.

At least Snell can hit open shots.....Cams defense has been up and down..

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hunter is our MIP(most important player)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

At least Snell can hit open shots.....Cams defense has been up and down..

His ability to cover ground is massively underrated by this board defensively and I notice it a lot when he's off the court more than when he's on it. That really helps Clint, Trae and JC a lot. Hunter when he was here. Snell will clearly help us on offense and has. Just being average on offense is a massive upgrade right now over Cam and Solo, especially Cam.

Edited by NBASupes

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I keep saying this, I am not happy with Cam this year. Probably the most frustrated I've been in a player since Jeff Teague and Acie Law. Jeff on the positive side fixed his issues to a degree. Acie never did.

You can tell Dre worked on his game during the long off season. I dont know what the heck Cam did...

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

You can tell Dre worked on his game during the long off season. I dont know what the heck Cam did...

I don't even know. Maybe Cam is good every other year. Cam was a beast his senior year and in November at Duke

Edited by NBASupes