Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Inconsistent elevation on the jumper and loose feet (meaning he's planting them different distance apart and not jumping with consistent equal pressure). Relying on athleticism over mechanics.

And sorry if I've missed anything else. I've been off board for a while.

Mark Price Jr. Missed ya bro. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

One thing that I haven't seen discussed much is the fact that John Collins has developed into a plus defender.  He's a legit two way player now.  I really like that trio of Hunter, Collins, and Capela from a defensive standpoint.  

We been talking about it a lot of recent game threads. He's took a serious leap. His perimeter man D is actually solid. 

Capela helps him play to his strengths but defending on the perimeter wasn't one of them last year. He's made a major improvement in what his new role is. That's impressive. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We been talking about it a lot of recent game threads. He's took a serious leap. His perimeter man D is actually solid. 

Capela helps him play to his strengths but defending on the perimeter wasn't one of them last year. He's made a major improvement in what his new role is. That's impressive. 

🤨  Have you been hacked, supey?

Quick, say something only supes would know.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is why I pushback folks calling for change.  Stability is the mark of every successful organization.  No one's saying our guy is the greatest thing since sliced bread (what's so great about sliced bread anyway?) but we should want to exhaust every opportunity for him to have success.  Switching horses time after time is a fool's errand, imho.

All these people looking at what Nic(k) Nurse did and wondering why our guy hasn't delivered a champion yet.  Like, really?  Do we completely ignore circumstance now?  I don't get it.

nd I get why people like Atkinson, but he's not some wunderkind either.  I see absolutely no difference between him and CLP other than the fact that Atkinson failed to manage egos spectacularly and he couldn't draw interest from multiple jobs this offseason despite having a head start on every other coach on the market.

If he'd never physically worked in Atlanta, not sure any of us would be all enamored with him.

Both aren't any different to be honest 

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

This was a bad loss, and I'm not sure what happened.  The Hawks were in control of the game, and I got up to change the baby's diaper and give him his medicine.  When I cam back, The Hawks were only up by 6 points and Tim Hardaway Jr was going nuts.  

Hawks dont have any scoring punch off the bench like Hardaway, Clarkson, etc...They can go off at any time..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is why I pushback folks calling for change.  Stability is the mark of every successful organization.  No one's saying our guy is the greatest thing since sliced bread (what's so great about sliced bread anyway?) but we should want to exhaust every opportunity for him to have success.  Switching horses time after time is a fool's errand, imho.

All these people looking at what Nic(k) Nurse did and wondering why our guy hasn't delivered a champion yet.  Like, really?  Do we completely ignore circumstance now?  I don't get it.

nd I get why people like Atkinson, but he's not some wunderkind either.  I see absolutely no difference between him and CLP other than the fact that Atkinson failed to manage egos spectacularly and he couldn't draw interest from multiple jobs this offseason despite having a head start on every other coach on the market.

If he'd never physically worked in Atlanta, not sure any of us would be all enamored with him.

While I disagree on Atkinson and didn't like the hire of Pierce to begin with, you still made the hire.  You exhaust all chances to give him success before making the change, IMO, unless he does something that is egregious that deserves a dismissal.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Not trying to pessimistic, but if we aren't careful our season could be over by the all star break. If we go 2-10 or 3-9, say goodnight. 

Im already thinking with all of our injuries, that this just isnt our year. smh

DID YOU NOICE??

Gee whiz.  By now, I thought someone would surely mention it.  Nope.  Not mentioned even once that I really noticed.  This was a terrible loss.  We all agree.  Last night, Hawks missed five free throws.  Lost by one point.  

I won't even say, "Do the math."  Nope.  Too easy to give an answer.

😪

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Hawks dont have any scoring punch off the bench like Hardaway, Clarkson, etc...They can go off at any time..

I think in the long run, Bogdanovich and Gallinari will give the Hawks some scoring punch off the bench.  

Get Hunter back, and your rotation becomes Young, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Capela, Bogdanovich, Gallinari, and Snell/Reddish.  If the Hawks goal is truly to make a playoff run, then I'm not sure Reddish needs to get more than just a few minutes at a time.  I'll count on Kris Dunn when I actually see him play.

• Like 3

Back to the discussion on LP.  What else does LP need to maximize success in Atlanta?  This may not be the biggest reason for it, but the defense has improved this year and it happens to coincide with the addition of Nate McMillan to the staff.  Does he need to add an offense oriented coach that is better at the x's and o's than he is?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Back to the discussion on LP.  What else does LP need to maximize success in Atlanta?  This may not be the biggest reason for it, but the defense has improved this year and it happens to coincide with the addition of Nate McMillan to the staff.  Does he need to add an offense oriented coach that is better at the x's and o's than he is?

Time and Experience.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Time and Experience.

For me its adjustments.

LP does a great job in his pressers telling you exactly what went wrong and why. But he never has an answer for it until its too late. We did great against the trap, in the last 2 minutes of game 1 against Dallas and rolled that over in to game 2. But once they went away from it, then what? There was no counter outside of big shot making by Trae, JC, Galo and Kev.

THJ was scored 7 straight before we called time out. Did we have an answer for him after that? Nope, he managed to burn us again down the stretch to put the game away.

LP has to be quicker to counter teams when they have something going.

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Inconsistent elevation on the jumper and loose feet (meaning he's planting them different distance apart and not jumping with consistent equal pressure). Relying on athleticism over mechanics.

And sorry if I've missed anything else. I've been off board for a while.

.... I missed you.  Don't make it weird.

Speaking of weird, I'm so sick of cam taking weird, off balance jumpers.  What is he not understanding about the viability of such shots?