• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

:ahf:Why can't we have nice things? And Trae had to further embarrass himself at the end after a rough half.

At least we don't have to see THJ or Clarkson anymore this season. 

Embarrass himself? He took a forearm to the chin. He should have lit the ref up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Threezus said:

As a duke fan and a hawk fan i was a big supporter of Cam.  But im noticing more and more that he is weak minded and thats honestly one of my most hated attributes in a player.   A strong minded player can still suck on offense or on a certain part of their game and still be elite at what they do best.  But someone who defeats themselves will do exactly what Cam is doing and he will let that 1 thing he is struggling at bring down the rest of his game to the point he doesn't care anymore.  He is starting to put half effort in on certain plays and watched him jog down the court where the rest of the guy ran down the court. 

He is extremely talented physically and can make almost any play you want of him but none of that matters if he is checked out and given up on himself which is even worse this early into his career.  This is the time where he is trying his most to become a better player and possibly chalking it up to needing more experience and playtime.  Which he has been given and is deciding to do pretty much nothing with it seems.

This was ultimately why people who hated him, hated him. They questioned his mental level. PG had the same question but PG made sure he improved in key areas that would make him a better player. Ultimately, Cam hasn't improved in his key areas and while he has improved, you can't regress. You just can't and to regress in key areas. Man! I just don't know. You can't shoot threes this poorly. You simply can't. No one can justify playing someone shooting in the mid 20s from 3 on VOLUME!. 

I feel like I've been saying this too much this year without the progression I saw on a monthly basis last year. 

Bro shoots like Basketball like Jameis was throwing in Tampa but Jameis was scoring a lot of TDs too, Cam don't have a lot of TDs but the same amount of interceptions. 

Dis,a,ppoint,ment. Bro shoots like shit. Fix it. It really don't make sense. If he just shot like Bazemore, he would be decent. That's what's crazy and Baze can't f***ing shoot. Ugh! Bro needs lasik or a shrink. Maybe both. My guy says, rumor is, he's a sharp when training. That's what's so frustrating. I rather a Melo who shoots like shit in practice than a training monster who can't shoot in games. I just don't get it. 

10 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I actually don't like what he was thinking and have always been against taking your best player out of a play no matter what.  Their are other players you can use to run that screen.  I don't hate the actual thought of the screen itself i hate the players that were chose to use for the screen. 

You are thinking like he set the screen on Jokic, he set that screen on dumbass WCS. If Trae had more space on that screen and WCS did just that, it would have been an obvious defensive foul.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Honestly I see what Pierce was thinking here. It actually worked!

It did. WCS dumbass ran over Trae. Trae was too close to the action. He needed more space and it would have been obvious. 

That said, this is the type of play you run when you have at least one timeout. Not none. Too much in the hands of others. For that, it wasn't the best playcall.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

You are thinking like he set the screen on Jokic, he set that screen on dumbass WCS. If Trae had more space on that screen and WCS did just that, it would have been an obvious defensive foul.

Yeah I see what Pierce was thinking now. The play actually worked and huerter just missed the opportunity unfortunately for us.

im not mad at the play now and yeah I got to agree that’s a foul on willie .

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Embarrass himself? He took a forearm to the chin. He should have lit the ref up 

Yeah, it was embarrassing. I think he made 1 shot all half, he got cooked by Brunson over and over again, and he pitched a fit after getting ragdolled on a screen. It was a bad look, foul or not. I didn't see a forearm get him in the face.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Yeah, it was embarrassing. I think he made 1 shot all half, he got cooked by Brunson over and over again, and he pitched a fit after getting ragdolled on a screen. It was a bad look, foul or not. I didn't see a forearm get him in the face.

He ended up with blood pouring from his nose.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It did. WCS dumbass ran over Trae. Trae was too close to the action. He needed more space and it would have been obvious. 

That said, this is the type of play you run when you have at least one timeout. Not none. Too much in the hands of others. For that, it wasn't the best playcall.

It wasn’t.  If you are relying on the refs to call an illegal screen or running into a screen on the last play when the ball is in someone else’s hands, you are going to be disappointed the vast, vast majority of the time.  

• Like 4

The refs made bad calls on capela all game in my opinion . That’s what really changed the game ...THJ heated up yes but we still had control of the game . 
whrn capela went out the defense started scrambling and that’s too bad because we had a lot of good defensive possessions this game and instead of relying on offense to build leads we built our lead off of defense .

hawks need a back up center really bad the two young guys aren’t ready 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Collins was wide, butt naked open for the lob that never came.  Excellent play design, sketchy execution.  But folks blame CLP?  Typical.

Agreed. I've seen that PG back screen play often enough to know it can work.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

The refs made bad calls on capela all game in my opinion . That’s what really changed the game ...THJ heated up yes but we still had control of the game . 
whrn capela went out the defense started scrambling and that’s too bad because we had a lot of good defensive possessions this game and instead of relying on offense to build leads we built our lead off of defense .

hawks need a back up center really bad the two young guys aren’t ready 

Dallas games have been real screwy this year. A lot of bad calls against us. You want our defense to be crap. Make it impossible to play Capela

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cam shooting 10% from three this month. Shot 27% last month. 

In 2020, Cam never had a month below 37.5% from 3 on volume, including preseason. What the f***!

Edit: he shot 35% in last February. Other than that, he was mainly in the 40s. My goodness. What happened! 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Cam shooting 10% from three this month. Shot 27% last month. 

In 2020, Cam never had a month below 37.5% from 3 on volume, including preseason. What the f***!

He needs to hire Vince as a personal trainer.