• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, gHost83 said:

Great play call LP

I wish I knew what the play call was cause that was terrible!

last play of the game and you have Trae screening just to get ran over by a center completely taking him out the last play ! 

Come on LP ! 

• Like 1

Just now, Lurker said:

I hate to be mean but I think you might have to start considering starting Tony Snell and putting Reddish back on the bench.

Now that doesn't mean that you don't cut his minutes, but he did better off the bench last year and that offense with him in the starting lineup is...not great.

**that you cut his minutes (which is what I mean)

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

66% from 2. Okay Cam! 0-4 from three and already the worst 3pt shooting qualified player since Antonie Walker in the early 2000s. My Goodness! If 50% or more of your shots are threes and you make the worst percentage in decades to the point where Josh Smith shoots them better percentage wise, idk what to say. 

Y'all know how I feel about him but he has to make 3s. Its that simple. 

If he's not hitting 3s, he at least has to play great defense.  I have no idea what he was doing tonight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I wish I knew what the play call was cause that was terrible!

last play of the game and you have Trae screening just to get ran over by a center completely taking him out the last play ! 

Come on LP ! 

JC was wide open for the oop. Kev missed him

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If he's not hitting 3s, he at least has to play great defense.  I have no idea what he was doing tonight.

I didn't watch the game till the end, how was his defense? I saw him being +15 and thinking maybe he was defending by HT. Luka percentages were bad. Then again, Cam was +10 last game and his defense was bad against Toronto and Powell. Kevin did better. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I didn't watch the game till the end, how was his defense? I saw him being +15 and thinking maybe he was defending by HT. Luka percentages were bad. Then again, Cam was +10 last game and his defense was bad against Toronto and Powell. Kevin did better. 

He looked like a baby giraffe all over the place...no discipline.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I would have been first in line if he had turned it over trying to force that.  Trae getting knocked down blew the play up.

Honestly is was pretty dumb of Pierce to have your best player and smallest player as the guy to set up a screen on one of the bigger guys on the other team lol. 

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He looked like a baby giraffe all over the place...no discipline.

I noticed when he plays high BBIQ teams like this one, Toronto, and Utah, he gets lost in the sauce defensively due to his style of defense. Still covers ground but he can put the defense at a disadvantage because these teams move the ball well. I'll watch the game to see for myself.

How did Snell do? Did he play well considering his minutes and role?

2 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Would have taken a perfect pass, he wasn't wide open. 

Perfect pass? No. Good pass, yes which Kevin is capable of

3 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Honestly is was pretty dumb of Pierce to have your best player and smallest player as the guy to set up a screen on one of the bigger guys on the other team lol. 

He was betting WCS is a dumbass which he usually is and completely runs over Trae to get the foul. But which Trae set a great screen. He needed more space to get the call on that one. Too much of a bang bang play. I like what LP was thinking. I just think the 1st read should have been Kevin to JC for the oop. It seems like Trae was the primary.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Snell played well, no complaints from me.

Just now, NBASupes said:

He was betting WCS is a dumbass which he usually is and completely runs over Trae to get the foul. But which Trae set a great screen. He needed more space to get the call on that one. Too much of a bang bang play. I like what LP was thinking. I just think the 1st read should have been Kevin to JC for the oop. It seems like Trae was the primary.

• Thanks 1

As a duke fan and a hawk fan i was a big supporter of Cam.  But im noticing more and more that he is weak minded and thats honestly one of my most hated attributes in a player.   A strong minded player can still suck on offense or on a certain part of their game and still be elite at what they do best.  But someone who defeats themselves will do exactly what Cam is doing and he will let that 1 thing he is struggling at bring down the rest of his game to the point he doesn't care anymore.  He is starting to put half effort in on certain plays and watched him jog down the court where the rest of the guy ran down the court. 

He is extremely talented physically and can make almost any play you want of him but none of that matters if he is checked out and given up on himself which is even worse this early into his career.  This is the time where he is trying his most to become a better player and possibly chalking it up to needing more experience and playtime.  Which he has been given and is deciding to do pretty much nothing with it seems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I noticed when he plays high BBIQ teams like this one, Toronto, and Utah, he gets lost in the sauce defensively due to his style of defense. Still covers ground but he can put the defense at a disadvantage because these teams move the ball well. I'll watch the game to see for myself.

Perfect pass? No. Good pass, yes which Kevin is capable of

There was a .3 second window to throw that over the top. The play was terrible having Trae screen... Geez

Just now, NBASupes said:

I actually don't like what he was thinking and have always been against taking your best player out of a play no matter what.  Their are other players you can use to run that screen.  I don't hate the actual thought of the screen itself i hate the players that were chose to use for the screen. 

• Like 2