• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

This was a bad loss, and I'm not sure what happened.  The Hawks were in control of the game, and I got up to change the baby's diaper and give him his medicine.  When I cam back, The Hawks were only up by 6 points and Tim Hardaway Jr was going nuts.  

Hunter is missed on the defensive end.   Our guards are a zero on defense and we are supposed to have a defensive coach.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Hunter is missed on the defensive end.   Our guards are a zero on defense and we are supposed to have a defensive coach.  

I agree, though Huerter did make some strong defensive plays down the stretch last night to get the Hawks back into the game.  He's still bad defensively overall, but his offensive game is a strong plus right now.  They really need Hunter and Bogdanovich back, because both Reddish and Okongwu need to marinate some more before they become part of the main course.  

• Like 3

Contemplating taking a bann over on realgm.  The Trae-hating is getting outta hand so somebody's gotta take they shirt off and knock some heads over there.

I'm thinking of spamming every Trae thread with unsavory pics til they just stop talking about him.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Contemplating taking a bann over on realgm.  The Trae-hating is getting outta hand so somebody's gotta take they shirt off and knock some heads over there.

I'm thinking of spamming every Trae thread with unsavory pics til they just stop talking about him.

Trying to stop the hate is like playing whack-a-mole.  If you stopped it on one thread, it would just pop up in another.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

Trying to think if I'd hate Trae if he wasn't on my team.   I really liked him coming out of college so i'd probably still be rooting for him to do well.   It's kind of sad to me that he isn't appreciated more because he is a really great and unique player.

You know i've hated Luka for the last couple of years but i honestly think i'm somewhat over it.   He's a great player.   I'm annoyed that he whines literally about every single play.  But i can't say i hate him anymore than a lot of other guys. 

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This was a bad loss, and I'm not sure what happened.  The Hawks were in control of the game, and I got up to change the baby's diaper and give him his medicine.  When I cam back, The Hawks were only up by 6 points and Tim Hardaway Jr was going nuts.  

This ^

31 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trying to stop the hate is like playing whack-a-mole.  If you stopped it on one thread, it would just pop up in another.  

Wait ..... are you talkin' about your life here as a mod?  😄

Hey, if you want me to take over for a few days I'm game.  Just fully expect to walk back in like ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47cw3vumx7f8uoj7tsji

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If it's one thing every Squawker should be happy about: Solomon Hill - 9 minutes played.

Gallo got his 30 minutes but went 2-12 with 1-7 from 3....yuck.

"CLP is an idiot for playing Gallo(ws) over Hill." - les mis

(screech) (screech) - that's the goal posts

😎

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

The Good Parts:

Trae only had 3 TOs.

LP solved the Dallas Trae trap

Huerter was big in the 4th (I can't wait until he develops strength to play thru contact on drives, he avoids it like the plague, but he can still get to his spots rise up and shoot over his defender)

Collins as Bob said is 'Dallas' Torture Chamber.' He had himself a game on National TV.

This is all fine and dandy, but I want wins!!!

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Good Parts:

Trae only had 3 TOs.

LP solved the Dallas Trae trap

Huerter was big in the 4th (I can't wait until he develops strength to play thru contact on drives, he avoids it like the plague, but he can still get to his spots rise up and shoot over his defender)

Collins as Bob said is 'Dallas' Torture Chamber.' He had himself a game on National TV.

This is all fine and dandy, but I want wins!!!

Exactly.  But i guess i look at where we are.  A young team needing to learn to close out games.   Which is a lot better than last year's (or part of this's) a young team needing to learn to not get blown out in the third quarter. 

I'm a big fan of Snell.  Slowly becoming our most important pick up given all the injuries.  We still have a Trae on the bench problem though.  Heurter is showing some signs of picking up that slack.   We need a bench unit that can dominate the opposition's.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Raise your hand if you're hoping we go on a long losing streak so we can fire the coach.

Hold 'em up while I get my notebook out to mark down all the non-Hawks fans.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e4743r6mbtshieq6lo0lc

Ohhh, almost had you.

Eh, I'm very conservative when it comes to coaching changes.  I value stability, and I don't see anything that is egregious that should get LP fired.  I don't see anything that is particularly strong either.  Maybe player development.  

If you could definitely get Kenny Atkinson, then I'd make the move.  I'm not firing LP just to hire someone like Jamahl Mosley.