• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I do wonder if Schlenk is taking the long approach with LP or if he'd pull the plug mid season? 

If the goal is playoffs and they fall off much more, would he consider going to Nate? Does he view the injuries as enough of a mitigating factor to excuse the poor record early? How does he weigh the fact that the Hawks have played one of the easiest schedules in the NBA so far and have little to show for it?

I think it’s clear that end of this year was the end of the line for LP, from the start of the rebuild.  Hawks have a team option on his contract for next season, but it’s clear TS only wanted that as a backup option.

If we’re under .400 after 30-35 games, I think TS should give Nate a go.  The writing is on the wall that we’re looking for a new coach next year (unless for some reason they blow up the roster again mid-season)... might as well give Nate some run and a “long interview” as the interim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So Mays is our best shooter? Who wouldve thought? lol

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Mays.

Already looks better than BG.

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Three Allstars? You must be smokin the good stuff on a Friday night. 

From what I hear on Hawks boards..

4 minutes ago, klharper said:

I think it’s clear that end of this year was the end of the line for LP, from the start of the rebuild.  Hawks have a team option on his contract for next season, but it’s clear TS only wanted that as a backup option.

If we’re under .400 after 30-35 games, I think TS should give Nate a go.  The writing is on the wall that we’re looking for a new coach next year (unless for some reason they blow up the roster again mid-season)... might as well give Nate some run and a “long interview” as the interim

Would suck if thats the way it plays out. No reason to wait when / if writing is already on the wall. Juat wasting everyone's time. Would hate to waste the season waiting to see if LP managed to sneak into the playoffs. 

• Like 1