• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Spurs at Hawks

lethalweapon3

21 minutes ago, terrell said:

Looking at the schedule again, and we could be 12-24 or 13-23 at the break....Especially if no one returns by then.....I just dont see many wins..Hope Im wrong..

It's looking rough. Our defense hasn't been as good since Hunter went down. He's kind of our glue guy.

• Like 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

It's looking rough. Our defense hasn't been as good since Hunter went down. He's kind of our glue guy.

All we can do is hope the rest of the bottom of the East continue to lose....lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah I knew when he went down it might get ugly...We cant depend on Cam or Solo to give us anything close to what Hunter was giving us every night..

5 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

How the **** did s.mays score 20 pts in 17 minutes. He out played cam this year in 17 minutes.

I was wondering how Cam and everybody else felt watching Mays drill his 3's....

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Glad Mays played well but that set shot he has I don’t think he’s going to make many 3s when it matters without being wide open.

it looks like a good close out will disrupt his shot.

hopefully I’m wrong but for the most part I wouldn’t mind seeing Mays and Knight come off the bench a bit more .

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The pass by Bruno:

When he leaves Atlanta and lands with another team, a coach is going to find out that you can run secondary offense through that guy as a facilitator.  He's easily the best passing big on the team.  The fact that Okongwu was looking to cut to the basket as soon as Bruno got the ball, was impressive too.

• Like 2

Forget the first three quarters.  That didn't happen.  Only the fourth quarter is important.

Is there any trade in the works?  Hawks have some players that should be somewhere else.  They aren't producing results here.

Remember that great defensive assistant coach we added?  Well, when the Spurs were hitting every shot in sight, where was his influence?  Where was our defense?  Occasionally, there comes a game that you can't lose or you can't win.  Last night was such a game.  Spurs couldn't lose, no matter what the Hawks did.

Now, on to the good stuff.  Our "end of the bench" players are much better than the Spurs.  Their starters buried our starters.  Our bench buried their bench.  Our two way players should be moved up to regular players and two of our bench players flushed.  Skylar Mays and Nathan Knight made a statement last night.  We have earned a spot.  Give us a chance.

Did you catch that hint from our announcers last night?  In a game. Pop got the hook from the ref's.  He turned to his female assistant coach and handed the team over to her.  That was Pop's way of saying that she was qualified.  She then became the 1st female head coach in the NBA.  

While some fans don't like female refs, imagine their reaction to a female head coach.  Still, some day, some where, it's bound to happen.  If our posters here want LP gone, they would go crazy if we hired her.

Imagine, Hawks with the first regular female head coach and they begin winning their games.  Players who don't want to play for her find themselves suddenly traded or released.  Fans go ape.  Many fans leave, only to be replaced by new fans.  

I know.  Crazy dream.  Yet, some day it will happen.  What team will dare to be first?

Remember last night's fourth quarter.  Forget the rest of the game.  Hawks played great last night !!

😃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When he leaves Atlanta and lands with another team, a coach is going to find out that you can run secondary offense through that guy as a facilitator.  He's easily the best passing big on the team.  The fact that Okongwu was looking to cut to the basket as soon as Bruno got the ball, was impressive too.

I agree but that coach might be coaching College Park, Santa Cruz, or Delaware as well. He has to improve his comfort level on both ends against NBA level players. I do feel he would dominate the G-League. Last year, he couldn't even do that. I am afraid Big O is having the same issues. He looks night and day better against other teams G-League rosters instead of real rotation players. 

That said, I haven't seen a single player in the NBA who's a big (true 4/5) from this recent draft who looks comfortable against NBA players playing NBA level Basketball against real rotation players. That might be due to Big O and guys needing summer league and the normal NBA schedule more than others. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, terrell said:

In all fairness, Cam plays against starters are we haven't ran the offense through him since last year when he was coming off the bench. Mays in the preseason or his first game took a lot of shots and never looked in rhythm till tonight when we ran the offense through him. Let's not be dickheads. It's not like Snell where we see him against rotation players in a real translatable role. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree but that coach might be coaching College Park, Santa Cruz, or Delaware as well. He has to improve his comfort level on both ends against NBA level players. I do feel he would dominate the G-League. Last year, he couldn't even do that. I am afraid Big O is having the same issues. He looks night and day better against other teams G-League rosters instead of real rotation players. 

That said, I haven't seen a single player in the NBA who's a big (true 4/5) from this recent draft who looks comfortable against NBA players playing NBA level Basketball against real rotation players. That might be due to Big O and guys needing summer league and the normal NBA schedule more than others. 

Most forget that the college season was cut short, no SL, no real training camp, then add in OO's injury. You can see it.

Big guys always are slower to acclimate than the little guys. The guards are excelling, the bigs that needs guys to get them the ball are struggling - timing, hands, rotations etc. 

That's why I wished Hawks had their GL team - these guys needed to play in some real live action games to get in bball rhythm if they aren't going to play in NBA games.

• Like 4

I hate draft position/seniority politics. Play the best players. Rondo and BG have had ample time to get acclimated, neither has been effective for more than short spurts. Dont give me the "Mays was going against back ups." Rondo and BG go against back ups, and neither have scored 20 in a game all year. It wasn't a fluke, Mays had one of the best shooting work outs in the whole draft.

• Like 2