• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At the halfway mark of the season and some 3 weeks ahead of the trade deadline, What do the Hawks NEED to improve??

REHawksFan

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, gHost83 said:

I see him as a system fit.  Big that has plus ball handling ability that is a VOLUME three point shooter.  Yes his defense is ass but the spacing would be incredible. Can get mins at the 3 also. 

If we are gonna lose Collins to free agency, might as well trade him for a system fit.  Not gonna command the contract Collins is asking for either.  That was my angle on the move.

Pierce is gone..so is his system.

• Like 1

It seems Hunter is the only thing notable for the team this year.

Cam seems to be a bust... Collins has been relegated to just being a decent scorer with Clint on the team to clear the boards.

Trae.... Yeah, failed to make the all star team.. Still looks like Schlenk should fire himself. Hunter is perhaps the only thing he has in his favor at this point?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Cam seems to be a bust... Collins has been relegated to just being a decent scorer with Clint on the team to clear the boards.

Trae.... Yeah, failed to make the all star team.. Still looks like Schlenk should fire himself. Hunter is perhaps the only thing he has in his favor at this point?

Cam has played the equivalent of 1 NBA season..Calling him a Bust is a huge reach. Especially for the 10th pick in the draft..Even if he ends up just being a 3 and d guy.

Here's a list of former 10th picks of the draft since 07

Mikal Bridges

Zach Collins

Thon Maker

Justice Winslow

Elfrid Payton

PG13

CJ McCollum

Jimmer Fredette

Austin Rivers

Brandon Jennings

Spencer Hawes

Brook Lopez

Luke Jackson

Other than McCollum,PG13,  and Bridges I guess, the 10th picks have been meh...Id take my chances with Cam over most of those guys..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Crazy how fast you guys are to judge these young guys.  Trae failing to make the all-star team means nothing.  Cam is improving a lot on defense -- if offense doesn't come around in another year or so I might start to agree with you.  He's shown what he can do though, just needs to be consistent.  Heurter has improved a lot and turned out to be a decent pick.  Hunter is nice.  Capela trade was solid.  FA additions were hit/miss last offseason.

All these guys are way new we are impatient for sure thanks to bud and the fun we had there, look at what we would like to see these guys become, those players still 4 or 5 years before first all star game or even kawhi 3rd or 4th year he got second team def nba etc.  Not to mention these guys aren't getting the chance to practice or develop the same, problem is we gonna prolly have to pay these guys before they get there , so it'd.gonna be interesting  

Edited by hylndr11

29 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cam has played the equivalent of 1 NBA season..Calling him a Bust is a huge reach. Especially for the 10th pick in the draft..Even if he ends up just being a 3 and d guy.

Here's a list of former 10th picks of the draft since 07

Mikal Bridges

Zach Collins

Thon Maker

Justice Winslow

Elfrid Payton

PG13

CJ McCollum

Jimmer Fredette

Austin Rivers

Brandon Jennings

Spencer Hawes

Brook Lopez

Luke Jackson

Other than McCollum,PG13,  and Bridges I guess, the 10th picks have been meh...Id take my chances with Cam over most of those guys..lol

Aint nuttin wrong with Cam 👀 Cam on Hard copy last week got him a tall, young...aaaahhhhhmaaaaazzziiinnggg graaaaaaace.. Mike Douglas.. oh you know Mike Douglas used to make me..

I digress..

Cam will be fine. We already established Lloyd screwed with his head and held him down. I still believe in Cam. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

External improvement = Cut Goodwin, sign one of John Henson, Noah Vonleh, or Skal Labisierre

Internal improvement = Get Dunn, Hunter and Reddish back... and... this...  👇

LWR_Recording.png

• Like 3

On 3/7/2021 at 5:51 PM, Peoriabird said:

system

You are too kind...

System: 

noun
  1. 1. 
    a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network.
    a set of principles or procedures according to which something is done; an organized framework or method.

🏿None of that was going on with us.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, sturt said:

External improvement = Cut Goodwin, sign one of John Henson, Noah Vonleh, or Skal Labisierre

Internal improvement = Get Dunn, Hunter and Reddish back... and... this...  👇

LWR_Recording.png

A caveat here, if Dunn is healthy.  I would seriously consider bringing in Cousins and moving Bruno for future considerations. I'm all done with Bruno. I don't think he's a permanent rotation guy on our squad.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/8/2021 at 10:38 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Nothing earth shattering but interesting none the less:

This team's media and its fans refuse to even acknowledge the contributions that coaching has to the team's success or failure.  Every answer to the questions asked was player centric and I find that amazing.  The journalist even went out of his way to come up with this irresponsible conclusion that Trae's size suddenly matters in 4th quarters this year and is the explanation for blown leads but somehow wasn't the case in years passed.  This team is just going to have to win and shut even its own media up.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

A caveat here, if Dunn is healthy.  I would seriously consider bringing in Cousins and moving Bruno for future considerations. I'm all done with Bruno. I don't think he's a permanent rotation guy on our squad.

Man I'd hate for @TheNorthCydeRises to read your post.  He's president of the Bruno appreciation society.

😇

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man I'd hate for @TheNorthCydeRises to read your post.  He's president of the Bruno appreciation society.

😇

I've got no hate for Bruno, wish the man well. But if I were the GM, I'd be talking to the guy who delivers Frito's and seeing just how many bags of chips I could get.

I just don't see his fit, effort. His reaction times on D kill us. He has no situational awareness and gets burned by the cutter on almost every play. Every team in the league knows it.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

😇

I just know the guy's value, if used correctly.  Our defense is ranked 24th in the league.  Playing small doesn't help us improve that metric.

And I think it's hilarious that a guy like Cousins would be welcomed here, now that he's 75% of what he once was.  When he was an all-star level player, Hawks fans in general hated him and his "empty stats".

The guy I've been beating the drum on for the past 14 months, is Andre Drummond.  Now, he's about to go to one of the top contenders for pennies on the dollar. 

And people wonder how "capped out" teams keep getting quality players.

My bad . . Hawks fans hate Drummond too.