• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

If D Hunt could get back to his pre-injury level of play. Not sure that he will, he didnt look that great tonight. But if he does, with Trae, Bogi, JC and CC. This offense would be unstoppable. We are already seeing teams choosing to double Bogi instead of Trae. Bogi is a problem for opposing defenses. Imagine if they have to deal with D Hunt playing with a Kawhi-lite type game. 

• Like 2

Just now, turnermx said:

Hes being utilized like prime Ray Allen was under Nate, its exciting. Imagine what he could do a full season playing that way!

This is honestly his ceiling. You really cant much better as a shooting guard. Even in the three point era, this is rare level of production and efficiency. Borderline Klay-esque. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Looking at the box score, Bruno got 3 minutes tonight (!). That's progress.

But here's the real stunner/head-scratcher.

There is only one player who didn't even see the floor tonight as a DNP-CD.

(cue the whodunnit organ... *duh-duh-duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*)

Kris Dunn, what exactly is going on here? Coach, what's the story? Seems there's something being purposely kept from us.

It is perplexing. Is he hurt? Are they saving him for the playoffs? He didn't even get minutes in garbage time. What's going on?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

This is honestly his ceiling. You really cant much better as a shooting guard. Even in the three point era, this is rare level of production and efficiency. Borderline Klay-esque. 

He can shoot but he's not a low volume touches guy. LP was using him so wrong. Low touches, bad quality touches, and running PnRs exclusively. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If D Hunt could get back to his pre-injury level of play. Not sure that he will, he didnt look that great tonight. But if he does, with Trae, Bogi, JC and CC. This offense would be unstoppable. We are already seeing teams choosing to double Bogi instead of Trae. Bogi is a problem for opposing defenses. Imagine if they have to deal with D Hunt playing with a Kawhi-lite type game. 

Its gonna take some time. He looks athletic again. When he came back too soon the first time, he didn't even look athletic.

• Like 3

WELL,  THAT STINKS!!

Either Kris Dunn is unable to play or our coach insulted him by not letting him on the floor in a blow out game.  Why didn't he play?  Does Atlanta want to make sure he doesn't renew his contract and become a free agent.  Or, is he too injured to play and we don't want to tell anyone?

Perhaps he just doesn't fit at all in practice.  Quietly letting him play for a bit last night would have stopped these questions.  But, no.  They had to make it abundantly clear.  In a blow out game with the season's end just one game away, only one player got the - - Did not play- coaches decision.

:cry:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not gonna spin my wheels guessing what the Dunn situation is about.  The Wizards without Beal were the perfect team to unleash a defensive stopper on.  Not sure we will get the full story from coach or management.  I’ve just accepted that he isn’t in the plans.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

oddly enough Klay's never had a TS% over .600 in a season, and Bogi's doing it this year with a higher 3pt attempt rate

And doing it with a stretch where he really struggled after returning from injury.  Playing like he is now makes him a prohibitive favorite for an All-Star selection if he can keep it up next year.  Really, I think Trae, Clint and Bogi all should have very strong cases if they play like this next season.  JC isn't far off either.  It was only our lack of team success (both this season and track record from the prior years) that kept us out this year.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

WELL,  THAT STINKS!!

Either Kris Dunn is unable to play or our coach insulted him by not letting him on the floor in a blow out game.  Why didn't he play?  Does Atlanta want to make sure he doesn't renew his contract and become a free agent.  Or, is he too injured to play and we don't want to tell anyone?

Perhaps he just doesn't fit at all in practice.  Quietly letting him play for a bit last night would have stopped these questions.  But, no.  They had to make it abundantly clear.  In a blow out game with the season's end just one game away, only one player got the - - Did not play- coaches decision.

:cry:

Ordinarily, if there was some injury consideration, I believe the team is obligated to list him on the pre-game health report... someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

And if it's not a health situation, the most natural suspicion for any given player would be that there's some disciplinary issue involved.

That would explain a lot, including the reticence of anyone to be talking about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Not gonna spin my wheels guessing what the Dunn situation is about.  The Wizards without Beal were the perfect team to unleash a defensive stopper on.  Not sure we will get the full story from coach or management.  I’ve just accepted that he isn’t in the plans.  

I think it's safe to say Dunn wont be back next year. Maybe we don't want Dunn to play, or Dunn doesn't want to play. Or maybe Dunn is unhappy in his role, or maybe his knee is bothering him and Dunn has asked the team not to make that knowledge public. I dont know, but something is going on and we probably wont find out until after the season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

And doing it with a stretch where he really struggled after returning from injury.  Playing like he is now makes him a prohibitive favorite for an All-Star selection if he can keep it up next year.  Really, I think Trae, Clint and Bogi all should have very strong cases if they play like this next season.  JC isn't far off either.  It was only our lack of team success (both this season and track record from the prior years) that kept us out this year.  

I haven't looked up the stats but if you exclude the couple weeks after the injury from his stats, you could be looking at 50% / 40% / 90% easily.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You been on this Kris Dunn thing like it's serious when it's not. I am just checking to see if you good. 

It may not be serious to us but I'll bet that it is to Kris Dunn.

:smug:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, turnermx said:

I haven't looked up the stats but if you exclude the couple weeks after the injury from his stats, you could be looking at 50% / 40% / 90% easily.

Oh wow, wait Collins or Bogi? Both kind of been lights out I don’t look at stats much. Well that’s a lie I do in fantasy but that ended a minute ago... I digress :unsure:

• Haha 2