• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Ummm... no thank you. I'll take a 30 point blowout please. 

Nix could clearly win game 5 but, if not, we need to be able to get our starters off the floor at some point.

Shiiii, we may need to send dudes to the lockerroom if it gets outta hand.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I really don't understand Thib's strategy.  The only thing that he has taken away is the easy Capela lobs - not that I'm complaining, just saying as he's supposed to be a defensive gu-ru!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OMG - that woman have BIG BALLS.  That's a bear.  

200.gif?cid=790b7611zjx3jrqi5ltnplergtwy

A real live bear with cubs!  Those things are some of the most dangerous animals in the world.  But she gave zero... to protect her puppies.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Ultimately, however, the key to slowing Young down offensively may be compelling him to expend a great deal of energy on the other end of the floor. Far too often throughout this series, the Knicks have allowed Young to hang out in the corner, hide and rest on the defensive end.

Young attempted 43 shots over the first two games of this series, yet the player(s) Young was guarding attempted only 12 shots while he was the primary defender.

Running high-pick-and-rolls to force Young into mismatches should have been a staple of the New York offense right from the opening tip of Game 1. Instead of allowing him to shadow Reggie Bullock, Young should have been forced to try and guard Derrick Rose or Barrett, at least occasionally.

Heading into this series, in the seven regular-season games Barrett had played against the Hawks in his career, he was guarded by Young on 27 offensive possessions and scored 19 points on 8-of-9 shooting (88.8%).

Even if Young were able to switch out of unfavorable matchups, forcing him into pick-and-roll action would allow the Knicks bigs such as Julius Randle or Taj Gibson to put a shoulder into Young while he attempted to fight over screens.

The Knicks’ unwillingness to attack Young has infuriated fans. Over the first three games of the series, according to Second Spectrum tracking, the Knick that Young was guarding set a grand total of just 14 ball-screens. 

Not only would making Young work defensively sap some of his energy, but it might also lead to foul trouble for the Hawks’ top gun. That's precisely what happened in the first half of Game 4.

New York made more of a concerted effort to have Young navigate screens, and it resulted in the young point guard picking up his third foul before the end of the second quarter, sending him to the bench.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, sturt said:

Sounds to me like we have both some players and some fans ready to hit the button...

The confidence is refreshing, and because it comes from someone who's been there before, reassuring, I have to say.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm still waiting on the NBA to upgrade that to a flagrant one. 

ol' marco and his culottes ... still waitin' ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47kiv2qff83d954b4gkj

Don't worry though, ol' marc.  It's not like the Nix will have to worry about ol' Randle accumulating enough flagrant points to get suspended in this playoffs ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e472hrxsmm68rpbbdmf43

• Haha 4