• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Ahaha I didn't get to hear that (people don't know what basketball is where I live and they don't put volume on at the bar)! How many was it? I'm a fan of JJ....

Lol. Prolly smarter to hear with volume off. I wanna say something crazy like 15 or 20. Arod said he drank like 30 (small) cups of coffee ☕️ in a day, even if the cups are tiny that’s insane. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

As others have said this team overall has been much tougher than I expected in the playoffs though I felt we would still take it in five or six strictly because of overall talent and of course because we have Trae. Kevin's casual attitude after laying a flagrant on a Knick was very telling of our demeanor now after playing against the Knicks bruising kind of game for a while.

Nate prepared these guys well.  Trae, JC, Bogdan, Hunter all taking cheap shots with no reaction or retaliation (immediate anyway).  That's been the difference.  They thought they could punk us but we didn't take it. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, it isn't that Randle is a garbage player or a fraud or anything.  He has been a "C" type player for his career who this year had a strong "B" year.  He would isolate and with his handles he could beat people to good spots on the floor to score or deal to waiting shooters very effectively.  We have designed our defense around taking that away from him and he isn't a transcendent talent to overcome that and the Knicks don't have enough other threats to really make us pay for that.  I'm sure that successfully being a #1 this year was a dream come true for him and redemptive after having been allowed to walk by multiple teams.  He is very frustrated that he can't do in the playoffs what he did in the regular season.  While I root for my UK guys in the NBA, that ends the moment they step on the floor against the Hawks so I am very much hoping that continues and we see Randle starting his summer vacation this week.

His assist stats from the regular season scream empty now. He's been getting doubled and is missing basic reads. He isn't decisive enough on the fly. I keep expecting him to watch the tape and know where his teammates are on the floor but he just doesn't seem to get it. If I was a Knicks fan I'd be pissed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

So we decide to keep it in our pants for once and Clint yaps away. :aaa:

Ok big man I’m not mad just keep backin it up baby! Classic thread going here too making me laugh.

if there's one dude that can talk who gets a pass that's going to be capella 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, aali34 said:

His assist stats from the regular season scream empty now. He's been getting doubled and is missing basic reads. He isn't decisive enough on the fly. I keep expecting him to watch the tape and know where his teammates are on the floor but he just doesn't seem to get it. If I was a Knicks fan I'd be pissed.

I'm not going to underestimate him.  He's going to be very determined today.   Let's look at the evidence... Knicks offense has taken him out of his comfort zone... He's a post up player and they have been playing him everywhere else but.   He likes to go left and we have keyed on his left hand....which is a high school move.   But the place where I think he has his biggest problems with mentally. You can see him missing bunnies and you can see him passing up good shots... that means that his confidence has been shot.   Over the last three days, he could get that together.   What we cannot do is allow him to come in Post up and get to the foul line.   The foul line fixes confidence because you can see the ball go in.   What we have to do is guard him without fouling.  We have been very good at this except for in game two when JC decided that he would jump everytime sombody up faked him.     Today's lesson is keep your feet... wait on the double.   Double comes quick... but DO NOT Foul.  We don't need 40 point Randle waking up.   Because unlike us... He will get help from the refs. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I agree his confidence is a big factor.  He is scared of taking the wrong shot or making the wrong pass.  The defense is simply not letting him do what he wants to do, and he hasn't figured out a solution.  

We are 4 games into this.  How many bad movies get better and redeem the film in the last 30 minutes?  I won't believe in playoff Randle coming alive until I see it.   

Bro ........ this is PlayoffRandle.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47omg08ydt3inr5eijr2

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Yeah, it isn't that Randle is a garbage player or a fraud or anything.  He has been a "C" type player for his career who this year had a strong "B" year.  He would isolate and with his handles he could beat people to good spots on the floor to score or deal to waiting shooters very effectively.  We have designed our defense around taking that away from him and he isn't a transcendent talent to overcome that and the Knicks don't have enough other threats to really make us pay for that.  I'm sure that successfully being a #1 this year was a dream come true for him and redemptive after having been allowed to walk by multiple teams.  He is very frustrated that he can't do in the playoffs what he did in the regular season.  While I root for my UK guys in the NBA, that ends the moment they step on the floor against the Hawks so I am very much hoping that continues and we see Randle starting his summer vacation this week.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I agree his confidence is a big factor.  He is scared of taking the wrong shot or making the wrong pass.  The defense is simply not letting him do what he wants to do, and he hasn't figured out a solution.  

We are 4 games into this.  How many bad movies get better and redeem the film in the last 30 minutes?  I won't believe in playoff Randle coming alive until I see it.   

You can coach confidence over a 3 day period.  Just drill it back into him.   The key for us is to make every score hard for them.    They are going to come out like a house on fire tonight.   We weather that and then we begin our build.  Our build has to start on the defensive end but the key to our build is making sure that every bucket they get.. they know that they worked hard to get it. If we do this then by the middle of the third quarter, they will quit.  Mentally, they don't want to have to work for 3 more games with us forcing them to work hard.   They will quit.  It's why 95% of 3-1 goes on to win.   But that's not a given and we have given them motivation.   I want to see us snatch their hearts out before the beginning of the 4th quarter tonight.   I want to see the MSG crowd leaving by mid 4th.  We have a point to prove tonight and we can trust it to luck or just because we're more talented.   We have to impose our will over them.   We have to leave the Knicks mentally scarred from this series. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's why I take no exception to Clint Talk.

Then he said something like “stupid question”... ummm I know he’s heralded as the next “it” player and godson of Nash but you still young man, show some respect to the media. :aaa:

At the same time, from the Knicks perspective they are prolly tired of the media asking them all these tough questions when we’ve controlled the series so far.

• Like 2