• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

More almost painfully timid ATL media...

That was pretty funny actually.  

Terrance Moore is the best of the era of Moore, Hummer, Bradley, Schultz and that's saying literally nothing.   None of them gave two craps about the Hawks for years and years and about bi annually would weigh in with their 'expert' opinions which were usually: the hawks suck.    AJC priority coverage looked like this for years:

1. uga football

2. falcons

3. braves

4. nascar

5. tech football

6. michael jordan

7. hawks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope we get this version of Game 4 Gallo for Game 5.  He was really active on both offense and defense.  I like driving Gallo as opposed to just settling for 3s Gallo.

He's always at his best when he is drawing fouls. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I said previously the Hawks in the regular season guarded Randle as if they forgot he was a lefty.....not so much in the playoffs. They are sitting on that left hand....and the Knicks have 2.

Left-Handed Players Decline In Playoffs More Dramatically Than Righties

Left-handed players may have a bigger advantage in the regular season than the playoffs due to the unconventional nature of their game being easier to adapt to over an extended stretch of games.

Julius Randle is having a difficult playoff series against the Atlanta Hawks with a PER of 19.7 PER and .567 True Shooting Percentage compared to 7.4 and .403 during the first four games of the playoffs. 

"One thing I was curious about what was lefties stereotypically much more left handed than righties are right-handed," said Kevin Pelton on The Lowe Post podcast. "They have a tougher time going to their off hand. I went and looked this up yesterday and according to Basketball Reference's database of lefties, they drop off more in the playoffs from their regular season performance about 13 percent in terms of wins above replacement player metric compared to seven percent for righties."

Edited by JayBirdHawk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't say that - he had an unexpected regular season and dragged the Knicks to the #4 seed, but as everyone kept saying about Trae - what you gonna do when it's the playoffs and the lights are bright and teams can actually game plan for you for so many straight games.  Can you hold up - the answer so far on Randle is no.  Besides, before the series started, he chirped about beating us for 3 games in the regular season.

That's all I mean.  All of the criticism about Trae is turning out to actually be true for Randle.  Randle was a regular season star with big stats, but can't carry a team during the playoffs. 
I'm still being too hard on him.  It's not his fault.  He put in a lot of effort this year.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bulletin board material is overrated.

Yeah, there's already been too much dirty play and classless behavior by fans for a little trash talk to matter. This series is well past trash talk. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

To give the Knicks that much bulletin board material when they are already embarrassed and have nothing left to lose is certainly bold. 

If the Knicks needed Clint's trash talk to get them motivated for tomorrow then they're screwed. 

• Like 4

WE GOTTA GET BACK ON D WE GOTTA GET INTO’EM... KEEP GRINDING, KEEP GRINDING GRIND AWAY...DON’T QUIT DIG DOWN... CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION ...(in my best screechy Tom Thibodeau voice) :boast:

ps If I have to hear 👂🏽 from Jimmy Jax how many Diet Coke Thibs drank again I’m gonna puke :beathorse:

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

ps If I have to hear 👂🏽 from Jimmy Jax how many Diet Coke Thibs drank again I’m gonna puke :beathorse:

Ahaha I didn't get to hear that (people don't know what basketball is where I live and they don't put volume on at the bar)! How many was it? I'm a fan of JJ....

• Haha 1