• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins - Max kat, 90 million-4yrs kat, or Gallo salary kat

NBASupes

Great article on Johns improvement on the defensive end and overall.

I found myself impressed with Collins' work on the backline. The Hawks mostly switched 2-through-4, which left him with "drop" responsibilities in ball-screens. He walked the tightrope well, never committing too much (or too early) to the ball-handler, and never dropping back too far and conceding a good shot in the process.

When faced with post-ups, Collins wouldn't budge. Tasked with help duties instead of navigating the initial action, Collins rotated in a timely manner to provide assistance.

This is the vision.

It's an on-time rotation from Collins, regardless of whether you feel the block was clean or not. He's then able to set up shop above the break, directing traffic before receiving a pass and cashing home the triple.

About the offensive end: I'm not sure what you do with Collins if he's the only big on the floor. He's a legitimate spacer, having knocked down 39.3% of his above-the-break threes in his career. Higher volume is needed to put him in the, say, Jaren Jackson Jr. class, but he's not a guy you can leave open.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He did it twice too, didn't he? 

Ya who was the second on? Brunson? Man. 

Ya Hunter needs a GP glove 🧤 like nickname. Any famous glove companies in Atlanta? Lol. I’m just thinking out loud. :eyebrow: 

Hunter .. cell block D (as in De’Andre) :upsidedown:

This isn’t my department lol.

Just now, RandomFan said:

D-Block because he's locking fools up in prison. 

Bro buy me a coke . JINX 

So, cell block D? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He did it twice too, didn't he?  Collins (no more "Jollins" this year) ain't playin on D.

Also, did they catch Hunter's block of Prozingo's jumper?  That was impressive.  We gotta get that guy a nickname.

I apologize, your intern answered just ahead of me, luckily our answers matched. He’s really pushing for my job here at Squawk. :wacko:

You want my pants 👖too?  @RandomFan

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I apologize, your intern answered just ahead of me, luckily our answers matched. He’s really pushing for my job here at Squawk. :wacko:

You want my pants 👖too?  @RandomFan

Yikes, what did I do to deserve an intern like him?  Can we send him out in the rain to get coffee, then spat it out saying it's too cold?

I do like D-Block.  And, when we take down MIL, we can also call him the DeerHunter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1