• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins - Max kat, 90 million-4yrs kat, or Gallo salary kat

NBASupes

45 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

John clearly hates that. He feels like they are openly acknowledging that he isn't being prioritized and are fine letting whatever happens to him in a game happen. 

It rubbed him wrong when LP said it and still bothers him with Nate.

Basically, they are admitting that whether John gets touches or not is not a big concern to them because he is good enough to perform without intentionally being given the ball.

They mean it as a compliment but I believe JC takes it as a bit of a slight because numbers have a huge impact on a player's perceived value. He likely thinks they are not using him to his full potential which ultimately hurts his career in the end.

Whether they run plays for him or not I'm sure he would prefer if they just stopped saying it out loud as if they are proud of it.

They're going to need him to be more involved in the offense going forward; especially when 3/4 of our wings are injured. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

John clearly hates that. He feels like they are openly acknowledging that he isn't being prioritized and are fine letting whatever happens to him in a game happen. 

Basically, they are admitting that whether John gets touches or not is not a big concern to them because he is good enough to perform without intentionally being given the ball.

They mean it as a compliment but I believe JC takes it as a bit of a slight because numbers have a huge impact on a player's perceived value. He likely thinks they are not using him to his full potential which ultimately hurts his career in the end.

Whether they run plays for him or not I'm sure he would prefer if they just stopped saying it out loud as if they are proud of it.

Looks like the Klay Thompson situation where the number 2 guy isn't openly appreciated the way they would prefer but is focused on winning so they brush it off.

JC's midrange jumper is too good not to use it. Just run a couple pin downs off the elbow and give him some open looks, especially when he plays the 5. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Couldn’t have said it any better. I understand why they feel this way because basically the team is saying I have a guy that’s so efficient he’s going to get around 20 pts per game no matter what! Plays or not! ….and as a coach and staff that really is huge benefit and true compliment to how smart and good JC is and because of that it allows more focus on other players who actually need plays in order to score…

….but on the flip side you do wonder if more plays are ran for him does JC turn into a guy like Trae  terms of being considered a scorer and able to avg 25-28 ppg??…cause if he can that would imply that he’s going to have some 35-40 point outings…but it gets better than that he could have these high scoring games along with Trae having high scoring games. It’s really a interesting topic because Just speaking hypothetically here if you have two guys that could avg close to 30 ppg are you not supposed to utilize that???

• Moderators
14 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Agree with this and as others have said they need to be running plays for him.  He is so incredibly efficient as a scorer and can score in multiple ways that it is insane not to do this.  What he doesn't need are isolation plays where he is asked to just create for himself taking someone off the dribble.  But frankly, I would both want to see us try feeding him more shots (if it doesn't work then adjust but it takes a big dropoff to make Cam or Lou shooting a better option and both shoot more often per minute among others) and reshape the narrative by talking about he is featured in certain action to tap into his scoring (think pnr).  Seems like it can't be taken any way other than as a message that "JC isn't important to our offense; he can just get whatever falls out as leftovers."

• Like 4

On 12/1/2021 at 1:08 AM, Spud2nique said:

Soth I made a whole thread about it. Agreed though he’s a skilled player and needs some touches in the post ala Karl Malone. JC hits those mid faders with somewhat ease.

The fact that Nate is in agreement with LP's ludicrous statement of "I run no plays for JC" is astounding. They at least need consistent Pick-N-Rolls/Pops w/ Trae run for John.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...