• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, Carmine said:

Hawks are playing with house money but the players are not loose. A mental hurdle they need to clear, no rotation could remedy that.

They need to stop doubling Embiid period.  Its stupid!

• Like 1

Frustrating to watch.  I thought about shelling out the 100 plus dollars to go to the game.  It's great we made the 2nd round of the playoffs after so many years of missing the playoffs but the reality of being only a 2nd round playoff team is a tough pill to swallow.  Does Collins still want max money?  I say let him walk.  He has been completely invisible this series.  We have to get some more defense.  Schlenk drafting Okongwu was a start.  We have some good shooters yet we continuously go cold from 3 point range.  Great we made the playoffs and won the first round but the gap between us in the Sixers is huge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

The truth is the Hawks were only ever a match for Sixers WITH Hunter OR WITHOUT Embiid. As soon as we got WITH Embiid and WITHOUT Hunter it was a wrap.

And the players even played like it. Haven't looked confident ever since they announced Hunter was done. 

I remember my excitement before the series started. When Mike Conti tweeted that Hunter was out and Embiid was in, in my heart I knew we were in trouble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yes, Philly is really good. They have been the 1 seed all season for a reason. Embiid is an MVP candidate for a reason.

Im sorry to everyone who got ahead of themselves as if this wasn't our 1st playoff run and we might incur some turbulence along the way.

Knicks fans were tremendous, but their team was just as green as ours. Philly has been a perennial playoff team with finals aspirations and finally  have a coach who is bringing out the best in them.

We do not need to panic and sell the farm just because we are being outplayed by a better team.

You don't skip steps in this league. You have to earn your stripes. Everything is a lesson. We showboated when we were up, it's time to be humble and take these pills that Philly is giving us.

That being said, we CAN still beat this team. We are truly beating ourselves tonight.

yup.

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Charles is right.  If you're doubling Embiid, you can't send Trae to do it.

That's why I was all for Gallo starting, so that he could be the guy who doubles Embiid, or let Clint do it while Gallo guards Embiid.

yup

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The truth is the Hawks were only ever a match for Sixers WITH Hunter OR WITHOUT Embiid. As soon as we got WITH Embiid and WITHOUT Hunter it was a wrap.

And the players even played like it. Haven't looked confident ever since they announced Hunter was done. 

yup.