Official Game Thread: 76ers at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Butterfinger Collins 

Swiss Chesse Capela

No impact Snell

Bad defense Huerter 

Can't feel me Bogi

Im  mostly disappointed in Capela..I already knew what Collins and Snell were...

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Shaq is clowning Capela

Deservedly so.

Collins hearing it from the Squawk while in reality Capela v Embiid,  Bogi v Harris, and anyone Trae is guarding are the matchups that are killing us

6 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

There’s a degree of difficulty in every Hawks shot (even the wide open ones) yet it seems like the Sixers get everything easy 

You sir, just explained the difference between both teams.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Team needs to dig deep and come out with renewed fire in the second half.  Do or die time for this series.

The only thing that's going to save us, is some hot 3 point shooting this half.  Or Trae really getting it going from a scoring standpoint.

All possible, if they start knocking down shots.  Defense needs to tighten up though.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No Reddish and Hunter is killing us.

The TNY guys probably don’t even know what we are missing defensively as they continue to bitch about our defense. It sucks for a reason..but if we make wide open shots we are only down 4?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Carmine said:

I like the adjustment by Nate to go small because the Solo project was not working. At least shows me he's not stubborn as a coach. But alas, we don't have the personnel to go blow for blow.

Yep...They are getting blown out in the 1st half as oppose to the 2nd half so nice job Nate

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Charles is right.  If you're doubling Embiid, you can't send Trae to do it.

That's why I was all for Gallo starting, so that he could be the guy who doubles Embiid, or let Clint do it while Gallo guards Embiid.

He's the only one with good hands. JC has slow hands. Bogi doesn't get there quick enough and Kevin is probably our best at the double but they are going opposite side Kevin is on for post ups. They simply scouted our asses well as we did the Knicks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, cam1218 said:

The TNY guys’ve probably don’t even know what we are missing defensively as they continue to bitch about our defense. It sucks for a reason..but if we make wide open shots we are only down 4?

They are right about the scheme though.  It doesn't make any sense

We need to have Embiid playing more like prime Dwight and not LeBron. They are running their offense through him and our double teams fall right into their gameplan. Put him on an island with one of our bigs and let him do what he can. But him having 8+ assists is going to kill us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The only thing that's going to save us, is some hot 3 point shooting this half.  Or Trae really getting it going from a scoring standpoint.

All possible, if they start knocking down shots.  Defense needs to tighten up though.

I don’t know, if the Sixers don’t grab every loose ball that goes through 3 Hawks hands and ends up in a made 3, this team just might win by 2. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

The TNY guys probably don’t even know what we are missing defensively as they continue to bitch about our defense. It sucks for a reason..but if we make wide open shots we are only down 4?

People don't watch the Hawks

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yep...They are getting blown out in the 1st half as oppose to the 2nd half so nice job Nate

Hawks are playing with house money but the players are not loose. A mental hurdle they need to clear, no rotation could remedy that.

• Thanks 1