• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

To get not one, but two Doc Rivers' specials is great. Even though I am now forbidden from watching Hawks games for the time being (I had most of the last two second halves off, when they were performing better), it makes my playoffs that those happened no matter what.

But the Hawks deserve all the credit for not laying down and forcing them. Any other Atlanta team folds. This team is different.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:
58 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is why I can't tolerate the stupid SAS hot takes.  He spent like 4 minutes of this arguing that Atlanta deserved no credit for their big comeback wins and that it was all about Philly.  Like Atlanta didn't score those points and didn't tighten up their defense to make it happen.  Like what happens in the first quarter counts but what happens in the 4th quarter doesn't.  Like if the Hawks are cold in the first half and the Sixers are hot that is totally legit but if the reverse happens then it is all just bad luck for Philly.  And you know he is doing it to get a reaction so not going to seek him out to give him attention for this BS.  

Feel dirty for even having watched this on YouTube now and given him that.

Expand  

It was exactly his response in game 4 when we came back from 18 points down to win. Max Kellerman was the only one (Kendrick perkins as well) to give Atlanta credit for the comeback. SAS made it abundantly clear he's still cheering for the Sixers thanks to covering Philly teams for 17 years as a beat reporter. He gave us no credit and pinned all the blame to Philly. 

It was like a magical unicorn came out of the arena and somehow gifted the Hawks basket after basket while also running over Philly players to keep them from scoring. The Hawks weren't cold, it was that great Philly defense! When the Hawks got hot, well, it wasn't the Hawks playing well it was the great Philly defense falling apart! When the Sixers got cold, well, it wasn't the Hawks defending better. No, no! This is all about Philly. 

I'm shocked SAS doesn't show up to the games with a hunting rifle to try and snipe our magical unicorn that only shows up to gift the Hawks comeback victories.

SAS definitely shows his biases in his takes.  Max hit on the head after game 4 SAS is still salty about the Hawks beating his Knick’s.  

In the end all that matters is the Hawks keep winning. 

• Like 3