• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Bogi's on the boo-boo report, listed as questionable having not had much time to heal his bruised quad.

SGA (sprained ankle) remains listed as questionable, too. Four Not Ready for PTP'ers (Tre Mann, Theo Maledon, Vit Krejci and our old friend Paul Watson) are back home on OKC Blue assignment.

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators

Luke Adams' headliner for the piece on the Thunder for HoopsRumors last weekend made the "Wait, Wut?" vein in the middle of my head pop up...

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/11/how-thunder-are-simultaneously-below-salary-floor-over-cap.html

...but it was well-explained and made sense once I got around to reading it.

Cliffs Notes:

They've got a bunch of exceptions and non-salary cap holds ($37+ million worth of 'em, tacked onto $78 million in real salary for cap purposes) putting them technically "over the cap" by about $3 mill. But there's no rush to renounce any of them until it's time for Presti to swing a deal.

Besides, one of the traded-player exceptions they gained from passing around Trevor Ariza will expire in February and put them back below the cap line anyway.

Deadline deals or not, OKC's players will still root for a sub-salary-floor distribution bonus by season's end.

~lw3

• Like 4

Somebody need to fire the Thunder barber 'cause Daigneault they let Kenrich get out the chair before they was finished trimmin' the back.

😁

🤨 Why all the peculiar looks?  Ohh, y'all don't know Daigneault is pronounced "dey-know".

Funny now?

Gah, screw you guys (and ladies).  Speaking of 'screw', Hawks better not screw this up.  OKC is a team that can beat you if you don't show up with a professional effort.

One need only look back a year ago when this same team, fueled by the most glorious shag this side of 1979, whupped our collective arses and talked ca$h sh*t while they were doin' it.  Hey, if you walkin' around with a shag on purpose, you gotta have the sh*t-talk game to go with it.

I'll be tuning in to watch the game but also to see if Lauren asks McMillan if he grew up rooting for KD and the Thunder.  Just kidding, LJb. 😇

:Nique: kg is cookin' with fish grease, leddies and gentlemen.

:Bob: On the front burner, Nique.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

They now face an OKC team that, nominally, leads the NBA with 48.4 RPG.

Whoa, first?

49 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Lugie

:sarcastic:never heard it said like that I dig. 

51 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Josh Giddey (team-highs of 7.3 RPG and 5.6 APG),

Just wish Abdelnaby would care a lil lol. Does this kid have any Delly in him? I hope not.

53 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Atlanta/Georgia Tech legend Derrick Favors.

@kg01’s ultimate boy. 

55 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

longtime former Hawk Muscala

:Moose: 🥽 

57 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

He’ll have at least one Atlanta Hawks fan, after tonight’s final buzzer, rooting him on to many more Thunder victories in the months to come.

2, I’m a big moose fan he hustles. Bucknell’s finest.

58 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Carmelo got a nice lunch here at Mary Mac’s Tea Room.

Is that where we took Eddy Curry and Kenyon Martin like 18 years ago? 🤔 

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Paolo

image.gif.33405b6dfab8b3d40ebb413afa9713fd.gif

What I do find tantalizing is the maximization of near-term draft capital for the Hawks’ front office, ahead of 2022’s Trade Deadline. Atlanta could package one of both of its picks with a veteran to upgrade its roster in preparation for the, well, let me not jinx our own chances at the P-word by saying it aloud, not with our streaky Hawks (8-9) a full game behind momentary 8-seed contenders Cleveland, New York and Boston. The less the conveyance from OKC looks like a mirage, the better Travis Schlenk and company’s pre-Deadline negotiating positions to upgrade the roster for a certain kind of run.

Should be an exciting time.

trajectories

:sarcastic:

stealing any of Shai’s Thunder.

Let’s Go Hawks!

:applause: Awesome as usual, let’s make it 5 🤚 in a row! 

GO HAWKS!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somebody need to fire the Thunder barber 'cause Daigneault they let Kenrich get out the chair before they was finished trimmin' the back.

:laugh1: when I first saw like look a few years ago I was like what in the world.. now I’m kinda used to the Joe Dirt mullet.

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

guys (and ladies).

Equal opportunity is why we love ya! Lol.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'll be tuning in to watch the game but also to see if Lauren asks McMillan if he grew up rooting for KD and the Thunder.  Just kidding, LJb. 😇

Lol. Did Muscala’s dad grow up watching McHale?

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

:Nique: kg is cookin' with fish grease, leddies and gentlemen.

:Bob: On the front burner, Nique.

Keep this up and it’s HEAT CHECK time! :smile:

Trap game, don’t take it for granted.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With no SGA tonight, I expect the Hawks to ROLL BIG.

Which means . . .

Cats Hiding GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I want to believe they will come out and curb stomp these guys, but I know better. Just get the win, even if it's ugly.

• Like 3