• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks are 8-1 at home, 1-8 on the road. We need to make the road record at least a little respectable.  

2 roadies upcoming vs Spurs (4-11) and the Grizzlies (8-8) are must wins.

We have the WORSE road record in the East 🤢...even Detroit has won 2 road games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished watching the game. We are really starting to share the ball well and play some really good team defense.

Great game by all our starters and balanced contributions all around. JC was working like he has all year 11/6/5 and 5 BLOCKS! Wow 😯 Capela another double double with 10/14. Gallo was spry tonight he moved fluidly. Cam has been playing much more consistent and under control lately. Lou had a few nice plays as well. The old vets are loosening up a bit.

Nice win!

GO HAWKS!!!! That’s 5!

image.gif.f6b0a369a3ffd013e35d0066ddb148b8.gif

Lou really fits next to Cam and Wright

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Even after winning 5 strait and getting back to .500 we are still 11th in the East. Damn. 

Going to be a minute before many of  the teams in front of us come back to earth. A 6 game slide that early in the season was not ideal. 
Knicks and Cavs are the most prime to fall with their upcoming schedule and recent struggles. 
Celtics, Hornets and Wizards will take until Xmas likely to catch.

Philly and Milwaukee are questionable. They aren't playing great but their schedule is easing up and they should improve same as us. 

Bulls and Heat both have very winnable schedules and have already beat some really good teams. We may be in to 2022 before we can catch them the way they are playing.

Nets I believe are going to perch at 1 for a while.

It's still super early, but it is very competitive in the East. The Nets are the only team I can see stretching things out.

Celtics, Hornets, Wizards and Bulls Im not buying them maintaining over the course of the season. We should not accept being behind them in the standings. Although the Bulls may end up as this years Knicks and overachieve all season.

Bucks, Sixers and Heat can go either way. My guess is the Sixers drama keeps them from reaching their full potential. The Heat can scrap their way to a top 4 seed. Bucks will likely coast all season and finish strong before the playoffs again.

1.Nets

2. Bucks

3. Heat

4. Hawks (if we can get the defense and rebounding going we can be top 3)

5. Bulls

6. Wizards

7.  Celtics 

8. Hornets

9. Don't Care

10. Doesn't Matter

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Everyone fits next to Wright.  Nate gives only 12 minutes a game to a guy who is 4 times more likely to assist than turnover and has by far the best net rating of all the guard and wings (he’s +10, they’re all negative).  

Poor minute management by Nate at best, stupid af at worst.  Of all the awful scorers in the league he’s one of the absolute best overall players.  His impact numbers destroy Rubio’s and Smart’s for example.

• Like 2

I haven’t been able to watch much but I am very encouraged by various plays I’ve seen from Trae.  More willing off ball play: he moves very smartly around the arc.  A few more forays toward the baseline, drawing even more defensive attention. I’m sure it’s no coincidence we’ve seen his three point percentage spike to a very respectable.377 after being sub .300 through the first 10 games or so.  As a guy who’s never boasted under a 2:1 assist to turn Kevin’s increased role has him looking to set up Trae for catch and shoot opportunities.  I can live with the decreasing steals, rebounds, and assist to turnover ratio if he’s gonna shoot 40% from three on high volume.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Great game all around.   Our struggles on the road were partially because the competition was tough but also because Clint, Gallo, Lou, Kev all started the season playing like crap.   We were figuring out rotations.   Nate did a great job getting the rotations solid.   We are getting good play from a bench and Cam has gotten a lot more consistent.   

Hunter is missed for sure but Bogi/Kev looks like the way to go for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think it really helps Cam as well - it limits his ball handling and both Wright and Lou are directing him for easier scores as Cam doesn't feel the need to score everytime he touches the ball with Lemon Pepper next to him.

• Like 4

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it really helps Cam as well - it limits his ball handling and both Wright and Lou are directing him for easier scores as Cam doesn't feel the need to score everytime he touches the ball with Lemon Pepper next to him.

Exactly, when Cam dribbles too much he gets in trouble, good call.

• Like 4