• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member

The Celtics didn't really push him away from the post like we've seen other teams do. The next step for him is to get his shots aggressively in rhythm when the other team is trying to stop him. He just needs some more lower body strength and to tighten that handle.

I think the combo of JC and OO is too enticing to not let develop. I trust Travis to make the right decision, but I like how we look right now.

• Like 1

Just now, aali34 said:

The Celtics didn't really push him away from the post like we've seen other teams do. The next step for him is to get his shots aggressively in rhythm when the other team is trying to stop him. He just needs some more lower body strength and to tighten that handle.

I think the combo of JC and OO is too enticing to not let develop. I trust Travis to make the right decision, but I like how we look right now.

The Celtics gameplan everytime they play us is the stop the PnR. JC post up is not a major concern for them. For other teams, who maybe analytics based see things differently 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

for something they perceive as something significant 

Fixed.

🙂

People can complain that I'm wordy,... maybe pedantic... and sometimes they're right, but often precision/accuracy helps promote better conversations, preventing wrong impressions... something I clearly value over the more hipster idea to take pains to speak in soundbites. I could go on.... hehe... but I won't.

Drilling into the precise point here...

1. Simmons is sometimes perceived as something significant.

2. Put that together with the perception that JC sometimes is perceived as overvalued... and vwa-lah.... conclusion writes itself.

In this case, the big black bold dividing line between them and me/us is that a heckuvalotta folks like myself see Simmons' highlights, but also see the player's deficits, and remember seeing this movie before. NBA players have improved their shooting historically at a better rate than they've improved their attitudes, imo.

Best analogy to me is that Ben is Medusa... beautiful to behold from a distance, but if you get too close, turns out, those beautiful thick locks are actually snakes... and worse, if you get close enough to look into those eyes, game over... the reality of that salary will turn a GM's ambitions for his team... and for that matter, his career... to stone.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We're standing pat, guys.  Just gonna have to get right with it.

There is a thread for that I believe. 

Spud: :cheer:

Aye @kg01 there’s a kid playing in his Auburn game they said was from Atlanta Norcross etc. He’s a Goldwire, brother of Ant 🐜 Gold from years back?

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We're standing pat, guys.  Just gonna have to get right with it.

I'm not saying we should, just that we could. The only thing that has changed is the price has gone up.

Honestly, given Bogi's penache for slow 1st half seasons and hot 2nd halfs, I be inclined to keep him through the end of the season. Take advantage of his hot hand while he's cooking, and trade him in the off-season while his stock is high and before he starts another season stinking it up. 

Buy low, sell high.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

There is a thread for that I believe. 

Spud: :cheer:

Aye @kg01 there’s a kid playing in his Auburn game they said was from Atlanta Norcross etc. He’s a Goldwire, brother of Ant 🐜 Gold from years back?

That's the kid that transferred from Duke?  No, I don't think he's related.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's the kid that transferred from Duke?  No, I don't think he's related.

Ya they said Atlanta kid has a bunch of tickets 🎫 for friends and fam. Man, Atlanta vs the Bay Area kids would be fun. The yay has been a bball hub for years but ATL be rolling talent out too. 

@kg01 were you listening to nba radio this morning?

Brian Giltzelier (sp) and Sam Mitchell went on this spill about them not liking Trae Young (jokingly) telling Charles Barkley to eat a twinkle and be quiet.

Well Brian went on this rant about how Trae needs to shut up and literally said how he can't stand this kid. . Said people in Atlanta think he is so selfish, a ball hog and don't like how he carries himself.

@Sothron, @thecampster, @NBASupes have you heard these rumblings?

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Collins had had issues with Trae off and on about not playing harder on defense or taking the 30 foot threes five seconds into a possession. It certainly isn't an issue. Trae is not selfish. He is a ball hog because we have no real playmakers around him and that is a roster issue. The interesting thing would be if Travis makes a move to get a ballhandler then how would Trae react to coming off screens/being a distraction. I think Trae would relish it and he has said as much.

Trae does carry himself like a star and yes, some guys will always be rubbed the wrong way about that. He's not arrogant or "don't talk to me, bro" kinda cat either. 

Thank you. I support Collins on this and it seems Trae is trying harder on that end and its translated to wins!

Brian acted like he was the biggest diva in the NBA.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Brian Giltzelier (sp) and Sam Mitchell went on this spill about them not liking Trae Young (jokingly) telling Charles Barkley to eat a twinkle and be quiet.

Well Brian went on this rant about how Trae needs to shut up and literally said how he can't stand this kid. . Said people in Atlanta think he is so selfish, a ball hog and don't like how he carries himself.

Damn, is there anyway to get a recording of that? Are broadcasts archived?

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ya kg had a post on itZ comon bady, get it togetha.. :indifferent:

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He just looks opinionated AF 😂 

3241A3CF-664D-45A8-97A4-064EC0D5D08F.jpeg

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I've ranted about this all morning.  It was so unprofessional but you gotta know who's talking sometimes.

Sam Mitchell is an unabashed Hawks/trae fan.  From what I could tell, he simply expressed that he didn't like that Trae reacted to criticism that way - this was an under-informed comment because anyone knowledgeable knows Trae faces more criticism than most players in the league.  And typically takes it all in stride.  The twinkie comment was such a nothing-burger but I digress.

The Geltzeiler guy is a complete and total a**.  He refused to give Trae/Hawks any credit when we were winning.  He's a sycophant for Thibodeau so he was none too pleased with what Trae did to the Knicks.  And was slow to give credit where it was due.  The typical guy who needed Trae to falter in the playoffs to feed his narrative.  When it didn't happen, he was left to scramble and make excuses for why he was ded-a** wrong.

He's a weak journalist and fake-insider that passes along fake, RgM-level intel to make himself look/seem important.  Take literally everything he says with a grain of salt the size of the Rock of Gibraltar.

This morning he confirmed what I already knew, which is that he's simply not a Trae fan and there's nothing he or the Hawks can do to change that.  I'll never listen to his show again.  As a supposed journalist, he shouldn't be showing a personal bias in that way.  It's fine to dislike a guy but you, as a journalist, have to simply report facts.

The guy was interviewing Lionel Hollins who said he often makes bad calls in practice to give his team the experience of overcoming bad refs.  This tool-bag, on NBARadio says, "Oh yeah I do that with my 5th grade daughter's team too."  as if he's Hollins' coaching peer or something.

Fk that guy.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Damn, is there anyway to get a recording of that? Are broadcasts archived?

Today's shows should be available on the Sirius app by now.  It's not worth listening too, honestly.  marco's post captured the substance of what they said.  It wasn't a very long discussion.

I really think the other guy teed up Sam to make some general points about young guys not taking criticism well.  But it was all misinformed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I've ranted about this all morning.  It was so unprofessional but you gotta know who's talking sometimes.

Sam Mitchell is an unabashed Hawks/trae fan.  From what I could tell, he simply expressed that he didn't like that Trae reacted to criticism that way - this was an under-informed comment because anyone knowledgeable knows Trae faces more criticism than most players in the league.  And typically takes it all in stride.  The twinkie comment was such a nothing-burger but I digress.

The Geltzeiler guy is a complete and total a**.  He refused to give Trae/Hawks any credit when we were winning.  He's a sycophant for Thibodeau so he was none too pleased with what Trae did to the Knicks.  And was slow to give credit where it was due.  The typical guy who needed Trae to falter in the playoffs to feed his narrative.  When it didn't happen, he was left to scramble and make excuses for why he was ded-a** wrong.

He's a weak journalist and fake-insider that passes along fake, RgM-level intel to make himself look/seem important.  Take literally everything he says with a grain of salt the size of the Rock of Gibraltar.

This morning he confirmed what I already knew, which is that he's simply not a Trae fan and there's nothing he or the Hawks can do to change that.  I'll never listen to his show again.  As a supposed journalist, he shouldn't be showing a personal bias in that way.  It's fine to dislike a guy but you, as a journalist, have to simply report facts.

The guy was interviewing Lionel Hollins who said he often makes bad calls in practice to give his team the experience of overcoming bad refs.  This tool-bag, on NBARadio says, "Oh yeah I do that with my 5th grade daughter's team too."  as if he's Hollins' coaching peer or something.

Fk that guy.

Boo boo. Barkley has said plenty of shit about people. This is old fogeys protecting other old fogeys.

• Like 3