• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Despite what @kg01 thinks I liked Melvin Hunt. He did a good job with the players and game strategy. I think it is pretty telling the difference in the coaching staff without him.

I think it's happenstance.  Us hiring a bad staff doesn't mean Hunt was great shakes.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

https://www.usab.com/youth/news/2011/06/7ways-to-make-a-better-point-guard.aspx

The point guard has to have a great understanding of your wishes and has to be able to translate those wishes into realities on the court. Controlling the pace of the game, having the presence of mind to wait until players are in proper position before initiating plays, recognizing who has the hot hand, and effectively communicating your strategic directions to the team in the heat of the game all fall to the point guard.

GTFOH

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's just people who have an 'answer' they want to reach and they're just filling in the blanks along the way.

They see the attention he gets and, for weird reasons, they're bothered by it.   So they need to find reasons to knock him.  Whenever we lose or struggle, they pounce.  When we play well it's crickets.

They're not even worth responding to.

"When we play well"

And when is that exactly?

The 1st few min of the game? smh

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They did but the Hawks made a lot too. In the 2nd half, a lot of those threes were contested and when it was wide open, they were pressing already down a ton.

But that’s what irritates me so much, they miss wide open threes way too much. It is all mental with this team. Their mindset isn’t right. When Pierce took the hit last year and everyone was playing for a contract, their mentality changed and they were dialed in because they didn’t want to be next.  Now that are comfortable with fat pockets looking for help on defense and staring at their follow through hand in the air on offense. Sorry that was my last grip for tonight. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

The agenda continues….smh.

Trae is part of the problem. Collins is part of the problem. The rest of the team is part of the problem. The coaching is part of the problem.

when you find a way to blame one person for every loss you have something against that person that’s just obvious.

Im not blaming one person.. smh.. Where you been?

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, terrell said:

Shut him up Bogi.. lol

I hope reality is finally sinking in on this player.  I've said it many time and it bares worth mentioning again.  This player is a 1 trick pony and isn't very good at that 1 trick.  He is a backup player at best and should not be in anyone's starting line up.

The Indiana Pacers fired Nate McMillan on Wednesday after they were swept out of the first round of the playoffs, but it was the coach's approach to the offense that caused the team to move in another direction.

According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, McMillan was "known to be resistant to some of the offensive philosophies that have become a major part of today's game," reportedly creating "frustration" within the front office.

A reliance on mid-range jumpers made the coach an "inopportune fit" offensively for Indiana.

Nate's leadership with LP's  offense last year was literally a best case scenario for him. I don't see him lasting at this rate.

McMillan wasn't always proactive when it came to making game-to-game or quarter-to-quarter adjustments. The team's crunch-time execution, particularly in its most recent sweep at the hands of the Miami Heat, was plagued by disorganization, miscommunication, and a penchant for iso-ball.

McMillan's offenses in Indiana were, on the whole, pretty vanilla. His Pacers played a lot of methodical, station-to-station basketball, with rote sets and a shot profile that consistently lagged behind the times. McMillan's teams have almost always played slow, going back to his years in Portland, and the Pacers have ranked in the bottom 10 in pace for three years running. They ranked dead last in the NBA in both 3-point attempt rate and free-throw attempt rate this year. They ranked no higher than 23rd in either category in any of the last three seasons. The team hasn't lacked for good shooters, either; it's just that those shooters have subsisted mostly on jumpers inside the arc. Indiana ranked in the top three in long-mid-range attempt rate every year of McMillan's tenure.

One of the biggest gripes people had about McMillan was his archaic offense and his inability to make adjustments between games. They ran a simple and predictable offense that revolved around the pick and roll. It rarely set up players outside of the ball-handler and the player setting the screen.

Indiana does not have an elite player to mask McMillan’s flaws on offense, so it made things look stagnant and did not have the longevity to win a playoff series. 

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

https://www.usab.com/youth/news/2011/06/7ways-to-make-a-better-point-guard.aspx

The point guard has to have a great understanding of your wishes and has to be able to translate those wishes into realities on the court. Controlling the pace of the game, having the presence of mind to wait until players are in proper position before initiating plays, recognizing who has the hot hand, and effectively communicating your strategic directions to the team in the heat of the game all fall to the point guard.

Sounds like Lamelo Ball...

• Like 1