• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

A "Damn if you do or Damn if you dont" situation

Believe me it is not a simple fix because there are not too many players that can have that can play off Trae strength while covering for his weakness.  

Good point. I actually believe Simmons could but he’d cost us too much.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

There’s an agenda to blame Trae only instead of blaming the whole team. Then the same person wants to act like they have all this basketball knowledge but can’t accept that this team is just bad as a whole.

shocking really 

Oh yeah...I never mention Bogdanovic

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dude...If he is an offensive point guard then how do the Hawks to win when is 4-15 from the field 1-6 from 3 with 5 assist and 4 turnovers???

They're not supposed to win when he puts up those numbers.  But when he has those nights, what is stopping his teammates to step up and win the game?

Every other decent team can still win a game when their star player is struggling, or even out.  Why can't we?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

It not a matter of liking him or disliking him...I'm just objective about his play unlike you pure fans

He makes mistake I don’t think you ever heard someone call him perfect but you will defend JC like he’s not making any mistakes…LETS BE REAL…the team as whole just isn’t good…that’s what everyone need to realize.

45 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The same criticism of Trae Young's play when he was at Oklahoma is the same as his play with the Hawks.  He gonna put up numbers, but the team is gonna be bad. Its not efficient basketball.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/trae-young-stats-oklahoma-freshman-college-basketball-oklahoma-state-loss-lon-kruger/110jo5wgezo48zx3wit056y7k

No. 4 Oklahoma on Saturday lost its second consecutive game to an unranked opponent, falling 83-81 in overtime on the road against Bedlam rival Oklahoma State. While everyone's favorite freshman scored a career-high 48 points against the Cowboys — his third 40-point outing of the season — he did so while going 14 of 39 from the field. The performance accounted for the third-worst shooting performance of Young's 18-game career.

It prompted ESPN's broadcast tandem to question whether Young was trying to do too much, and whether his offensive appetite caused his teammates to take bad shots when they did have the ball for fear they might not get it back.

Love it or hate it, Young's offensive game is predicated on traditionally ill-advised 3-pointers (coming into Saturday, he'd made less than a handful of mid-range shots) and getting to the foul line. That's what what made him who he is — the nation's leader in both scoring and assists. Eventually (read: inevitably), it's what will get him where he's going — a top-five pick in the 2018 NBA Draft.

There's a reason he leads the country in usage (38.9), more than four percentage points more than Georgia State's D'Marcus Simonds (34.8), who ranks second in that category. At 92.2 points per game, the Sooners are No. 2 in the country in scoring. Last year, they were No. 7 ... in the Big 12. 

Said it from the jump.......

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Should have taken him at #10. 

Schlenk the GOAT...

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh...  BTW...

What was more embarrassing that Losing the way we did was the Banner ceremony...

I cringed.

IN 51 years of playing Basketball in Atlanta, we have won our division only 6 freaking times??  Not the conference.  The freaking division.  We have NO conference wins in 51 years.   6 freaking  division championships in 51 years...  Wait, let me get my calculator...  That's 1 division win in ever 8.5 years....

EMBARRASSING.

They need to take that banner down ASAP.

Whomever had that idea, doesn't need to be fired  . . but they need to be reassigned and never do marketing ever again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

If memory serves me right, Hunt was the lead offensive coach. We always had a good offense even when we were losing. Nate admitted himself that he didn't have an opportunity to change the system when he took over which meant he was using Hunts system. He brings his system in and now we suck or he is still trying to run major parts of the old system but doesn't have the offensive coordinator there to make it click. Feels like when Shanahan left the Falcons. I am not saying Hunt is a world beater but he definitely deserved a promotion or a lead job somewhere if everybody else got paid. 

It's fair to have this assessment.  Hunt has been around a long time.  If he deserved a job, he'd have it.

No one can objectively suggest Nate's system has been successful.  

• Premium Member

But what was embarrassing though was 

Hunter getting his shot SLAPPED by Herro..

Can somebody tell Hunter that you are supposed to two Hand Dominique Wilkins Dunk that ball... and not go up for a Man wearing a Pink Track suit layup it.... 

Hunter went up with the man wearing a pink track suit layup and Herro sent that crap into outer space.   

EMBARRASSING...

33 minutes ago, GameTime said:

To see us get dominated by G-Leaguers tonight..... I'm not sure where we go from here.

Put everybody on the block....PLay the young players.. See what we have....This season is toast...

Edited by terrell

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Oh yeah...I never mention Bogdanovic

You are only blaming Trae and nobody else.  When you are 3rd in the league in scoring and assist, teams are going to concrete on him and until one or two players steps up and make those teams pay for it, he is going to feel like it is up to him to save the day.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They're not supposed to win when he puts up those numbers.  But when he has those nights, what is stopping his teammates to step up and win the game?

Every other decent team can still win a game when their star player is struggling, or even out.  Why can't we?

And on the flip side, when are the 'defensive players' gonna step up to hold the line when the offense struggles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Said it from the jump.......

The agenda continues….smh.

Trae is part of the problem. Collins is part of the problem. The rest of the team is part of the problem. The coaching is part of the problem.

when you find a way to blame one person for every loss you have something against that person that’s just obvious.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They need to take that banner down ASAP.

Whomever had that idea, doesn't need to be fired  . . but they need to be reassigned and never do marketing ever again.

Take down the banner, dump those awful yellow jerseys and bring back the MLKs, bring back Ryan Cameron, Bring back Jerome, Stinger and Renee....did I miss anything.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And on the flip side, when are the 'defensive players' gonna step up to hold the line when the offense struggles.

Thank you !

when Trae leaves off the court that defense is still trash and they can’t score ….

• Like 2