• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

The problems as I see it:

Tonight, we couldn't hit a shot.   Three pointers were not going in.   We had stretches were we looked decent but most of the game do do. 

Nate's rotations sucked.   I watched us start to make a run with OO, Delon and Hunter in the game.. we go through a time out and Deon, OO, and Hunter is on the bench.   Check it out.. 4th quarter. 

Bogi was just heaving up misses.   Kvon too.   Why is TLC on the damn floor at All??

Calgon.. take me away.

This was damn embarrassing.   After 3 days rest...  Embarrassing. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

It is kinda of funny that those boo birds want to doubt Trae defense (even know that he did stink it up lately) but honestly do you think that he can be okay defender in the NBA?  Maybe we should trade him for another great PG that is going to lead us to ECF.

Right now, all of us knew that Trae was an offensive PG that is non-existence Defense even when he came out from college.  But this back luck is not all about him but everybody else on that team including him.

It's just people who have an 'answer' they want to reach and they're just filling in the blanks along the way.

They see the attention he gets and, for weird reasons, they're bothered by it.   So they need to find reasons to knock him.  Whenever we lose or struggle, they pounce.  When we play well it's crickets.

They're not even worth responding to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's fine against offensive centers who are the eco system of their offense. The guys Capela struggles but he's can't do what Clint does. His PnR just isn't there most of the time. He's a great defender but he doesn't defend the paint or the rim unless someone is directly attacking him. 

Considering how much we need help side defense from our center and paint protection, Clint is just much more critical but Okongwu has more value v. The Jokic, Embiid, and those types of centers. 

Yeah I completely agree with all of this and I have changed my stance I don’t think schlenk is going to trade Clint this summer. He has two centers on the team that can be used for both points you made. 

unkess you’re getting a star offensive big man, Capela is likely staying a hawk. I will never bring up JC as a full time center ever again . I should have known better but we will get killed even if Simmons was at PF.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Right now, all of us knew that Trae was an offensive PG that is non-existence Defense even when he came out from college.

Dude...If he is an offensive point guard then how do the Hawks to win when is 4-15 from the field 1-6 from 3 with 5 assist and 4 turnovers???

• Premium Member

Oh...  BTW...

What was more embarrassing that Losing the way we did was the Banner ceremony...

I cringed.

IN 51 years of playing Basketball in Atlanta, we have won our division only 6 freaking times??  Not the conference.  The freaking division.  We have NO conference wins in 51 years.   6 freaking  division championships in 51 years...  Wait, let me get my calculator...  That's 1 division win in ever 8.5 years....

EMBARRASSING.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Dude...If he is an offensive point guard then how do the Hawks to win when is 4-15 from the field 1-6 from 3 with 5 assist and 4 turnovers???

The same way they lose when he drops 50….smh.

it’s cool if don’t like Trae but please use the full overall season…Trae is obviously impactful on offense most nights and sits behind curry in offensive rating …please stop trying to act like Trae isn’t a great offensive player.

rag on his defense all day long…not news to anyone 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Schlenk is in a very bad position in my opinion. Everyone on the team can take big blame on this season including the coaching staff.

There are fixes that can be done via trade but it may make one side of the ball even worse than it currently is!…there’s always the option to blow it up completely via trade and keep only Trae.

I mean you can fix the defense around Trae but it can really take a big hit on the offense. There’s not enough two way players available via trade or at all.

you can make the offense better by getting a guy like Sabonis but he may cost you collins which will make the defense worse.

A "Damn if you do or Damn if you dont" situation

Believe me it is not a simple fix because there are not too many players that can have that can play off Trae strength while covering for his weakness.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

JC was the lone bright spot.   You could hear him tell the refs that they were grabbing him all night.

I watched #77 get 3 straight Offensive Rebounds on JC by just standing in the damn paint.   It would have been 4 but they called him for Camping.  

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

The same way they lose when he drops 50….smh.

it’s cool if don’t like Trae but please use the full overall season…Trae is obviously impactful on offense most nights and sits behind curry in offensive rating …please stop trying to act like Trae isn’t a great offensive player.

rag on his defense all day long…not news to anyone 

It not a matter of liking him or disliking him...I'm just objective about his play unlike you pure fans

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Even when he does, our guards/wings don't grab rebounds.

Like I have said before, our team rebounding sucks.   Tonight shows us the value of Clint.  Miami had their way inside and on the boards. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Your entire 2nd paragraph is a lie.

nba.com will have the video box scores up in a few minutes.  I dare you to watch all of Miami's 3s tonight, and see who are the real culprits.

And the team doesn't get any fastbreaks . . because the wings don't rebound.   If they got the rebound, they can push the pace themselves.  But they don't rebound, because they're out of position and always watching the ball, instead of putting a body on a player.  It's the bigs that's doing most of the defensive rebounding and giving the ball to Trae.

Wing rebounds tonight

Bogi - 5 . . . which is outstanding for him

Hunter - 1

Huerter - 1

TLC - 0

Trae outrebounded 3 of our wings combined.

Meanwhile, Herro and Martin had 19 rebounds combined.

LOL . . but Trae is the problem on defense.

There’s an agenda to blame Trae only instead of blaming the whole team. Then the same person wants to act like they have all this basketball knowledge but can’t accept that this team is just bad as a whole.

shocking really 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Well, Dude

When he is the head of the snake, he will have more attention upon him and it is up to his teammates to help him, so he does not have to shoot 15times.  

I did not excuse him for his performance (Miami always do a great job on him) but this loss was not his alone.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2