• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cut to 13 without Trae

Trae just a stat padder at this point....Team aint winning shit...

At least Travis wont have to worry about paying him that extra 37 mill for making ALL NBA team......

Hawks are a laughing stock right now..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The same criticism of Trae Young's play when he was at Oklahoma is the same as his play with the Hawks.  He gonna put up numbers, but the team is gonna be bad. Its not efficient basketball.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/trae-young-stats-oklahoma-freshman-college-basketball-oklahoma-state-loss-lon-kruger/110jo5wgezo48zx3wit056y7k

No. 4 Oklahoma on Saturday lost its second consecutive game to an unranked opponent, falling 83-81 in overtime on the road against Bedlam rival Oklahoma State. While everyone's favorite freshman scored a career-high 48 points against the Cowboys — his third 40-point outing of the season — he did so while going 14 of 39 from the field. The performance accounted for the third-worst shooting performance of Young's 18-game career.

It prompted ESPN's broadcast tandem to question whether Young was trying to do too much, and whether his offensive appetite caused his teammates to take bad shots when they did have the ball for fear they might not get it back.

Love it or hate it, Young's offensive game is predicated on traditionally ill-advised 3-pointers (coming into Saturday, he'd made less than a handful of mid-range shots) and getting to the foul line. That's what what made him who he is — the nation's leader in both scoring and assists. Eventually (read: inevitably), it's what will get him where he's going — a top-five pick in the 2018 NBA Draft.

There's a reason he leads the country in usage (38.9), more than four percentage points more than Georgia State's D'Marcus Simonds (34.8), who ranks second in that category. At 92.2 points per game, the Sooners are No. 2 in the country in scoring. Last year, they were No. 7 ... in the Big 12. 

Disappear. That was debunked when he led his team to the ECF. He is playing even better this year. The issue with this team its lack of urgency, defensive principles and set plays when Trae is not the main option. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

This is unacceptable. He needs to bench the entire starting unit. This feels like one of those games where Trae is like ok you think I do too much, let me lay back and run the offense and see how that works out.  It is the same thing over and over they are just walking around out there with no urgency on offense or defense. Nate is just watching. 

To be honest, I think that's EXACTLY what he's doing.   If people are pointing the fingers at him, like he's a major problem, then let's see.

He hasn't had a good game at all on offense, because he can't get any of his floaters to go, as well as the 3 ball.  But for him to only take 15 shots, is playing right into the hands of any opponent we face. 

The Heat went on that initial run, and we've played tight the entire 2nd half.

Their wings were excellent tonight.

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

You guys are insane. Trae is not the problem.  

https://www.usab.com/youth/news/2011/06/7ways-to-make-a-better-point-guard.aspx

The point guard has to have a great understanding of your wishes and has to be able to translate those wishes into realities on the court. Controlling the pace of the game, having the presence of mind to wait until players are in proper position before initiating plays, recognizing who has the hot hand, and effectively communicating your strategic directions to the team in the heat of the game all fall to the point guard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Heart is this team's biggest issue. This is where I can see them missing Solo and even Snell. VC had mad heart too. A lack of a leader is killing these guys. 

2. Capela was way underrated by me. While I still see the benefit of Sabonis being massive, I can see not having Capela in being massive. 

3. Trae ball sucks if the ball movement isn't there which it isn't. No one can play in this shit. It's so f***ing ugly and I noticed the PnR with the 1/5 is gone and it's killing Trae. Trae abuses that PnR so bad and without it, he gets stuck a lot. This is why he can't play well with the bench units either. Trae is way too 1/5 PnR reliant. The issue with JC he just lacks the strength which has always been the case which is why I said JC's 1/4 or even him at the 5 doesn't work. We need a real 5 to run that PnR with Trae and JC is the 2nd PnR/PnP option. 

This team has talent but it's not being used right and I do not believe coaching was the issue today if you know what I mean. 

• Like 1