Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know Trae isn't the issue with this team.  It's OK to admit that.

We just have players who are not tough enough or skilled enough to play at a high level every night.  Trae's not the one getting torched on defense tonight, so you and the others point to Trae not shooting well or scoring well enough.

Our wings are getting killed tonight.

Where was this "our wings suck" shit at before the season...

All I heard was we're the deepest team in the NBA.. smdh

I mean they do suck.. Just sayin.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Disappear. That was debunked when he led his team to the ECF. He is playing even better this year. The issue with this team its lack of urgency, defensive principles and set plays when Trae is not the main option. 

The Hawks have disappeared.

Better defense tonight. This same Miami team beat the Bucks. There system is good.

Trae hasn't been the same since that big ic ran into him. 

Hunter had a good game all things considered.

The Hawks had a lot of good looks they didn't convert.

All things considered this is much better defensive effort. There is still a problem with the weak side they need to address. Teams want to take corner threes. Not sure why our system allows so many.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

People who don't want to accept that Trae is a major part of the problem don't really understand the intricacies of a Championship caliber BBALL Team

Defensively a team is only as strong as it's weakest link and that is by far Trae. He single handed disrupts the defense. I've seen other player's get out of position to help cover for Trae and get burned or take a foul because of his awful defense a ton of times now. It is mind numbingly bad. The team overall is bad defensively because there is no communication but Trae makes it 20x worse

Offensively....I don't give a damn about how many points he might get. Nobody else on this team can get into a rhythm half the time because of his insane Usage rate. And a lot of times when other players have had it going Trae has snuffed out their fire. I saw it early on in the season with Dre, JC, and Cam. To build offensive synergy you need to play TEAM BALL, not this one man show shit. 

This team should be playing like the D'antoni Suns on offense. But this team hardly has any fastbreaks because they always do the thing where they get a rebound and stop and say "Wait let me give it to Trae because he's asking for it" instead of sprinting down the court to catch the defense off guard

Ugh it's so frustrating smh

Preach!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

People who don't want to accept that Trae is a major part of the problem don't really understand the intricacies of a Championship caliber BBALL Team

Defensively a team is only as strong as it's weakest link and that is by far Trae. He single handed disrupts the defense. I've seen other player's get out of position to help cover for Trae and get burned or take a foul because of his awful defense a ton of times now. It is mind numbingly bad. The team overall is bad defensively because there is no communication but Trae makes it 20x worse

Offensively....I don't give a damn about how many points he might get. Nobody else on this team can get into a rhythm half the time because of his insane Usage rate. And a lot of times when other players have had it going Trae has snuffed out their fire. I saw it early on in the season with Dre, JC, and Cam. To build offensive synergy you need to play TEAM BALL, not this one man show shit. 

This team should be playing like the D'antoni Suns on offense. But this team hardly has any fastbreaks because they always do the thing where they get a rebound and stop and say "Wait let me give it to Trae because he's asking for it" instead of sprinting down the court to catch the defense off guard

Ugh it's so frustrating smh

Northcyde gonna get mad at you and troll you and say you just blaming Trae. I already said. Our defense isn't bad. Its literally just Trae. Offensively, yeah, we suck balls.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I take it back we can’t lose capela and play JC at center…smh I do not know what this team is going to do.

OO isn't the answer at center either. He's only good for smaller lineups at center. When he faces real centers he is struggling. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

OO isn't the answer at center either. He's only good for smaller lineups at center. When he faces real centers he is struggling. 

I'll cut him some more slack. He's only 8 games into his second and is still making rookie mistakes. I'm confident he'll overcome it.