• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bench besides Hunter 3-15 from 3, 20%. Hunter was 3-4 (didn't include Mays/Cooper)

Starters besides Collins 4-19 from 3, 21%. Collins was 3-4.

Can't compete like this.

Nah it was all on Trae's defensive rotations. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Did yall know Vernon Maxwell's son plays for Georgia Tech?

He's drillin' 3's left 'n right tonite.

Yeah I'm way off topic, but screw all the whining.   I wanna smile about something. 

Maybe he can help our 3pt shooting on the wing...so pitiful by our guards and wings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our wings besides Hunter(3-4)  shot 3-18. A whopping 16%. They got their looks and missed.

They did but the Hawks made a lot too. In the 2nd half, a lot of those threes were contested and when it was wide open, they were pressing already down a ton.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I think we all like different teams right now (Supersonics please come back)

This is why I advocate rooting for one primary team and having secondary teams to watch. The Twolves, Nuggets and Hornets are worth watching and supporting. Just saying. And yes, I want Seattle and Vancouver to have teams again.

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive been trying to tell them....He just not a winning basketball player, as good as he is offensively...I saw it at OU..Its why I was so pisssed when we traded for him.....Hes been ALOT better than I expected...I give him that......But the Hawks arent going anywhere with him as our best player.. I truly believe that..Last saeson we caught lightning in a bottle.....I recommended trading him back to his hometown  for SGA and a bunch of picks a while back.. Maybe we should start that converstion?..Instead of getting rid of everone else, Since he's the head of the snake......I mean we're not even beating Philly last season if Huerter doesnt turn into MJ for game 7...Real talk...

Right, terrell......Right, terrell

giphy.gif

@Peoriabird

Not a fanboy but more like realist that everybody deserved that "L"

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I think they would give Ben the ball at point at least half the offensive sets and move Trae off the ball off screens to get him some looks.

I think I would like that some.   I just think right now, it's easy for teams to key in on Trae knowing exactly what he's going to do.   It may be offensive coaching scheme and the simplicity of our offense or it may be Trae himself... telegraphing what he's going to do.. But somebody needs to go back to the drawing board and get this worked out. 

Was it Melvin Hunt??

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They did but the Hawks made a lot too. In the 2nd half, a lot of those threes were contested and when it was wide open, they were pressing already down a ton.

Like I said they got the shots. Lack nerves of steel.

Maybe he can help our 3pt shooting on the wing...so pitiful by our guards and wings.

Our best player, Michael Devoe, is leading the ACC in scoring and hitting over 50% from 3 (iirc).  Maybe give him a look.   Baby Maxwell still needs growth.

• Like 1

Like I said they got the shots. Lack nerves of steel.

They didn't get clean looks to start the 3rd. Miami made adjustments and they couldn't get clean looks. When they did get them was when the game was out of hand. 

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

OO isn't the answer at center either. He's only good for smaller lineups at center. When he faces real centers he is struggling. 

If hes not a center, he was another horrible pick by Travis...Because He for damn sure isnt a PF..

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

If hes not a center, he was another horrible pick by Travis...Because He for damn sure isnt a PF..

I think right now, he's best suited for BU. 

But he will get stronger and better. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think I would like that some.   I just think right now, it's easy for teams to key in on Trae knowing exactly what he's going to do.   It may be offensive coaching scheme and the simplicity of our offense or it may be Trae himself... telegraphing what he's going to do.. But somebody needs to go back to the drawing board and get this worked out. 

Was it Melvin Hunt??

Despite what @kg01 thinks I liked Melvin Hunt. He did a good job with the players and game strategy. I think it is pretty telling the difference in the coaching staff without him.

• Like 2