• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if there are any designed play calls for him to do that.

There should be. I have seen only one or two games where he had off they ball plays drew up for him. Those were the games where they trapped him early and often. Outside of that if gives the ball up, he is stand back outside of the play.  The coach needs to install more plays with Trae moving off if the ball. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll post that again, and list the top 4 wings from each team in the SE division

ATLANTA

• De'Andre Hunter
  • Cam Reddish
  • Kevin Huerter
  • Bogdan Bogdanovic

CHARLOTTE

• Gordon Hayward
  • Miles Bridges
  • Kelly Oubre
  • Terry Rozier ( size wise, it's really LaMelo Ball )

MIAMI

• Jimmy Butler
  • Tyler Herro
  • Duncan Robinson
  • Max Strus . . . ( until Victor Oladipo comes back, maybe )

WASHINGTON

• Bradley Beal
  • Kyle Kuzma
  • Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
  • Deni Advija

I haven't heard the word wingstop in a few weeks.  If people believed wingstop will turn our team and season around when those guys come back, they would have said so   Now that Bogi's knee is toast we are mediocre at best at the wing.  

• Moderators

How's everyone feeling?   Man we got problems.  One thing i'll say is that my fears about the Heat were real.  NBA just let's them foul non-stop.  It's pretty crazy.  

JC is still one of my all time favs but i wish this whole 'more plays' thing would go away.  Yeah he shot efficiently but that's largely because he only takes open shots.   4 turnovers and a lot of bad passes.  If we can get him open more than definitely let's run those plays.  But forcing the ball into him isn't a recipe for success.

Trae, Bogi, Hunter, JC, OO  are the only guys who seem to play at an nba level.   I know folks have soured on Bogi but at least he plays tough.   Kev, Gallo, Wright just look lost out there.  TLC is maximizing his skills but that might not be good enough given our other problems.

I'd like to get Mays in the rotation as backup PG and hopefully Cam can come back and take TLC's minutes

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Random thought on a non Trae topic: why can't any of our wings rebound? Our rebounding is completely dependent on Capela and Collins and OO off the bench. Not one of our wings including Hunter gets rebounds. 

Or shoot?  9-27 from the field for TLC, Bogi, Kev.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is this what you consider open. Shooting from 30 ft away while down 10 pressing? Sorry, this isn't a quality shot nor is it close to a quality touch. Just more bad Basketball.

You pick the 1 30 footer he took off a TLC pass, lololol.   

I'm Just showing you that he had tons of regular WIDE OPEN 3s that he bricked.

And if he's pressing?  Who's fault is that?  

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

We had a bad night, Trae included. Even though our offense was bad yesterday, defenses lapses have been our biggest problem throughout the season. 

We can't seem to play good defense and good offense in the same game.   We're just not tough enough as a team.  We get pushed around.   Hunter better be starting next game that's all i can say.  

As for Trae this was a game where the directive was more 'get everyone involved' and everyone basically sucked.   

I've been in Nate's corner for the most part but no idea why you take trae out with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and we're in the bonus.   Trae was getting to the line at will.  That was really really stupid. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Random thought on a non Trae topic: why can't any of our wings rebound? Our rebounding is completely dependent on Capela and Collins and OO off the bench. Not one of our wings including Hunter gets rebounds. 

I've pointed out they can help themselves and the team if they can rebound the ball and push the pace up court for easier buckets.  But for all the supposed athleticism of these wings (mainly Cam and Hunter they are bad rebounders).

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They did shoot badly but I want to focus on the rebounding. I don't understand why our wings don't rebound. Like, at all. Go back and watch us play this season and concentrate solely on our rebounding. The rebounds are like 90% coming from Capela, Collins and OO. Why can't any of our wings get a board? Look at the long offensive rebounds we give up. Are they running down the court to cherry pick? How is this not being addressed in coaching?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

We can't seem to play good defense and good offense in the same game.   We're just not tough enough as a team.  We get pushed around.   Hunter better be starting next game that's all i can say.  

As for Trae this was a game where the directive was more 'get everyone involved' and everyone basically sucked.   

I've been in Nate's corner for the most part but no idea why you take trae out with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd and we're in the bonus.   Trae was getting to the line at will.  That was really really stupid. 

He's too robotic with his rotations, instead of letting the game dictate moves. But Hawks organizationally are big are not logging too many minutes on guys, so maybe his hands are tied. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Or pass - such low assist numbers.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

They did shoot badly but I want to focus on the rebounding. I don't understand why our wings don't rebound. Like, at all. Go back and watch us play this season and concentrate solely on our rebounding. The rebounds are like 90% coming from Capela, Collins and OO. Why can't any of our wings get a board? Look at the long offensive rebounds we give up. Are they running down the court to cherry pick? How is this not being addressed in coaching?

No hustle and they play flat footed expecting the bigs to get the boards and they don't box out.  Too busy wanting to get back on offense instead of finishing the defensive possesion.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think this was more a function of Miami's defense.  When teams play him to give up the ball - no one is really stepping up to take control and be THAT OTHER GUY who becomes the outlet to control the pace and tempo.  Mostly is get the ball when Trae is doubled, wait for him to free himself and give it back.  What plays are we running immediately out of the trap by the OTHERS?

Nate has no feel for game flow - he doesn't coach instinctually for time and in game situations - it's his set rotations of players and minutes distribution and when.  Has he ever left a guy in who is just hot until he begs to come out - nope.  If you've hit you limit for that set - out you come.

• Like 1