• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just finished watching. They came into our building and straight punched us in the face over and over again. Granted they were hot but our defense is also trash, we don’t close out, we don’t even get into the right individual defensive stances for :angry2:‘s sake. 

No Butler, No Bam.. I’m sorry this is really really a letdown. Huerter was a bag of trash tonight, Bogi, Trae was off too. 

Outside of OO and Collins to some degree we didn’t have anything. I don’t know if they need a team meeting or what but this was a bad ugly loss.

We face them again in 44 hours so we better regroup. 

They toyed with us. Herro looked like freaking Air Jordan out there what was that???? If he drives by us for a layup 7 times in a row you think you might wanna hack him on the 8th try? :eyebrow:

That was a frustrating game to watch as a fan. 🤦‍♀️ 

Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished watching. They came into our building and straight punched us in the face over and over again. Granted they were hot but our defense is also trash, we don’t close out, we don’t even get into the right individual defensive stances for :angry2:‘s sake. 

No Butler, No Bam.. I’m sorry this is really really a letdown. Huerter was a bag of trash tonight, Bogi, Trae was off too. 

Outside of OO and Collins to some degree we didn’t have anything. I don’t know if they need a team meeting or what but this was a bad ugly loss.

They toyed with us. Herro looked like freaking Air Jordan out there what was that???? If he drives by us for a layup 7 times in a row you think you might wanna hack him on the 8th try? :eyebrow:

Ugh.

I really thought we would win tonight. Heat have injuries, we have injuries but we have more guys. We're at home. At some point you have to think they will finally knuckle down, play defense and win a game.

What a fool I was to think that. 

I have to question if some of these guys know they are going to be traded at some point and are just going through the motions. We have zero energy out there. No sense of urgency. Lazy close out after lazy close out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They don't throw Trae the ball when he's off of it either . . . unless they get trapped, trying to get their own shot.

I wonder if there are any designed play calls for him to do that.

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I really thought we would win tonight. Heat have injuries, we have injuries but we have more guys. We're at home. At some point you have to think they will finally knuckle down, play defense and win a game.

What a fool I was to think that. 

I have to question if some of these guys know they are going to be traded at some point and are just going through the motions. We have zero energy out there. No sense of urgency. Lazy close out after lazy close out.

Bring back the Skyhawk 10 day contractors... They were better than this...

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ugh.

Herro might deserve that All-Star spot over Trae Trae Barrea............................

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I'm Blaming 1 person.

I'm blaming the guy who decided to put up this embarrassing ass Banner on Nique's Birthday...

I would have rather we just had the crowd sing Happy Birthday for half of halftime than to have our shame memorialized  by putting it in the rafters. 

Five teams in a division right now.... even fewer in the past.  We have A LOT less division titles than just random chance..... lol.  And the championship banner is so old NASA was created the year "we" won it... people were still getting arrested for being suspected communists...AND it wasn't even in our city!!!  Honestly rather just have the retired jerseys up and nothing else.

I'd rather they put up a banner for every major sponsor we've had than those two... give me a Sharecare banner over one that reminds me we are garbage except once every 8-10 years lol

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae Young, last three games... 19.7 ppg, 35.1% FG, 15.7% 3pt FG (3-19), 8.6 apg, 5.3 turnovers/game.

Hawks arent winning shit if our best offensive player is putting up numbers like this......

Unless he's a DOG on defense... 

And he's the WOAT defensively as you put it...........

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae Young, last three games... 19.7 ppg, 35.1% FG, 15.7% 3pt FG (3-19), 8.6 apg, 5.3 turnovers/game.

Hawks arent winning shit if our best offensive player is putting up numbers like this......

We can't even beat G leaguers when he drops 56 on elite efficiency.  We have a team problem, not individual player problems

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We can't even beat G leaguers when he drops 56 on elite efficiency.  We have a team problem, not individual player problems

Both things can be true you know?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Both things can be true you know?

I know Im highlighting how hopeless this team has me right now.  I need a reason to get excited for the next game but I don't really have one.  Breaking my spirit with their poor effort

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is unfortunately the way it.is.now, I didn't nec like the old way of.sucking it up.and being tough and repressing all you feelings or emotions, but this a bunch of guys taking there ball and going home, we can't have extremes in professional sports like this.  Tonight is a perfect example of what's going on with the team that has been discussed by some here as well as some players , it sucks for everyone as we can make arguments all day for.either side.  At the end enough guys have to come together and decide they want to play together as a team for a team of anything to be successful in any part.of life work or sports etc.  This is the exact opposite.of.that,

Now that lines have been drawn even more players are drawing thier lines and making there intentions known.  This was remedied last year but clearly someone is feeling like they made a adjustment last year.and doesn't feel like they are going to keep doing it this year

Edited by hylndr11

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Rank the wings ( 1 - 4 ) in the Southeast division as a group.   Out of Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, and Washington . . . which team has the best wings, and rank the rest.

I'll post that again, and list the top 4 wings from each team in the SE division

ATLANTA

• De'Andre Hunter
  • Cam Reddish
  • Kevin Huerter
  • Bogdan Bogdanovic

CHARLOTTE

• Gordon Hayward
  • Miles Bridges
  • Kelly Oubre
  • Terry Rozier ( size wise, it's really LaMelo Ball )

MIAMI

• Jimmy Butler
  • Tyler Herro
  • Duncan Robinson
  • Max Strus . . . ( until Victor Oladipo comes back, maybe )

WASHINGTON

• Bradley Beal
  • Kyle Kuzma
  • Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
  • Deni Advija

Hawks proved it last night.  They are a poor team.  No home wins in quiet a bit of time.

Remember the movie, "White men can't jump?"  Well, last night they proved they can shoot against the pitiful defense of Atlanta.  

Missing was Capela's rebounding and Reddish's defense.  Opened the game like we meant business.  Heat adjusted and we never did.  Good to have Hunter back.  He played well

What's with the Hawks and their weak ankles?  And, why do we miss all those free throws?

End (for right now) of my rant!

😪

• Like 2