• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

People who don't want to accept that Trae is a major part of the problem don't really understand the intricacies of a Championship caliber BBALL Team

Defensively a team is only as strong as it's weakest link and that is by far Trae. He single handed disrupts the defense. I've seen other player's get out of position to help cover for Trae and get burned or take a foul because of his awful defense a ton of times now. It is mind numbingly bad. The team overall is bad defensively because there is no communication but Trae makes it 20x worse

Offensively....I don't give a damn about how many points he might get. Nobody else on this team can get into a rhythm half the time because of his insane Usage rate. And a lot of times when other players have had it going Trae has snuffed out their fire. I saw it early on in the season with Dre, JC, and Cam. To build offensive synergy you need to play TEAM BALL, not this one man show shit. 

This team should be playing like the D'antoni Suns on offense. But this team hardly has any fastbreaks because they always do the thing where they get a rebound and stop and say "Wait let me give it to Trae because he's asking for it" instead of sprinting down the court to catch the defense off guard

Ugh it's so frustrating smh

EVERYTHING you said was spot on.  I ESPECIALLY hate that last part, where the team is always looking to give the ball to Trae.  Trae is that guy on the playground that doesn't go back and play defense but is always hanging around the middle of the court with his hand up hollering for the ball.  A cherry picker is what we called it.   The first guy who wants the ball, but the last guy who trots back to play defense.

Sermon preach GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 4

Just now, Sothron said:

OO isn't the answer at center either. He's only good for smaller lineups at center. When he faces real centers he is struggling. 

Yup it’s a size issue more so than a skill one. OO is hustling but he just doesn’t have the strength to truly keep up. 
I think it’s a lock that Capela stays on this team ….maybe that’s why schlenk extended him knowing JC & OO can’t handle true centers when we run into them.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

OO isn't the answer at center either. He's only good for smaller lineups at center. When he faces real centers he is struggling. 

He's fine against offensive centers who are the eco system of their offense. The guys Capela struggles but he's can't do what Clint does. His PnR just isn't there most of the time. He's a great defender but he doesn't defend the paint or the rim unless someone is directly attacking him. 

Considering how much we need help side defense from our center and paint protection, Clint is just much more critical but Okongwu has more value v. The Jokic, Embiid, and those types of centers. 

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

Where was this "our wings suck" shit at before the season...

All I heard was we're the deepest team in the NBA.. smdh

I mean they do suck.. Just sayin.. lol

I ate the "Wing sauce" too.   

I was right there with everyone else who thought this team was extremely deep.  I guess the rest of the league has adjusted to us . . or LP's offense was just that much better than Nate's.

Or maybe we need to trade for Bruno, so he'll take that Miss Celie curse off the Hawks

11 Unexpected Feminist Protagonists Hiding Out In Your Classic Faves

• Haha 2

It is kinda of funny that those boo birds want to doubt Trae defense (even know that he did stink it up lately) but honestly do you think that he can be okay defender in the NBA?  Maybe we should trade him for another great PG that is going to lead us to ECF.

Right now, all of us knew that Trae was an offensive PG that is non-existence Defense even when he came out from college.  But this back luck is not all about him but everybody else on that team including him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know Trae isn't the issue with this team.  It's OK to admit that.

We just have players who are not tough enough or skilled enough to play at a high level every night.  Trae's not the one getting torched on defense tonight, so you and the others point to Trae not shooting well or scoring well enough.

Our wings are getting killed tonight.

Defensively he's the biggest issue...Especially if we're gonna trot out awful defenders like Bogi and Huerter with him.. Not gonna work for 82 games.....And offensively, he cant play off ball, so our wings will never really develop imo..Especially Cam. Dre fits a little better.. Not saying he doesnt need the ball in his hands because he does.. Nobody else can really dribble.. smh....This team with Trae reminds me of the Vick led Falcons teams..Vick got his yards , but Roddy(our wings) looked like shit most of the time..

A lot of highlight plays, but not much winning.. ("More flash than substance" is what I call it)

Been telling yall Trae needs LEGIT perimeter defenders at ever position around him...Especially if Capela isnt playing at a high level protecting the rim...

Becuause Trae and Bogi/Huerter is just a free pass to the rim.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This team needs an offense.  If we're not spamming oick n roll we cannot do anything.  We have one other play where Bogi/Heurter curl around for a shitty midrange look.  We need an actual system that players can sub in and out of.  That's why teams can torch us with bench guys because they play like actual teams.  We play like a pickup team that randomly selected players.

And we have obvious locker room issues similar to last year around this time... unreal.  Cannot tell you how disappointed I am.  Bought season tickets when we were 14-20 because I believed in the FO and talent, and now I have watched them shit the bed 9 games in a row.  And a large reason is effort and actually caring about winning.  So disappointed.

Its impossible to run a different system than what the starters run and have success. You can't be heliocentric then go to being a ball movement team. It just don't work like that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We’ve had one the top offenses all season.  Trae has a positive net rating.  We build leads with him, and lose them when he sits.  Those are facts not feelings.  

Gonna be difficult to find another pg that can run the offense like Trae does....

Hopefully Rife gets a chance before the season ends..

I mean what do we have to lose?

Schlenk is in a very bad position in my opinion. Everyone on the team can take big blame on this season including the coaching staff.

There are fixes that can be done via trade but it may make one side of the ball even worse than it currently is!…there’s always the option to blow it up completely via trade and keep only Trae.

I mean you can fix the defense around Trae but it can really take a big hit on the offense. There’s not enough two way players available via trade or at all.

you can make the offense better by getting a guy like Sabonis but he may cost you collins which will make the defense worse.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We’ve had one of the top offenses all season.  Trae has a positive net rating.  We build leads with him, and lose them when he sits.  Those are facts not feelings.  

Its also the past.  Trae has been garbage lately

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He needs to be irate at himself.  Who the hell starts a guy who was on the practice squad, when 3 of your 4 wings are healthy?

TLC is not a defensive difference maker.  And he's an offensive liability.

This should be Nate tonight.

Spiderman GIFs | Tenor

This is obvious. When Cam is back, does he start Cam and bench TLC, for good!

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Its impossible to run a different system than what the starters run and have success. You can't be heliocentric then go to being a ball movement team. It just don't work like that

Offense is too Trae dependant....Like the Vick Falcons...But we really have no choice, because nobody else is really a shot maker or shot creator.. smh

Make a trade Travis...

Edited by terrell