• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Travis isn't trash, he gotta adjust. He gotta realize he's building a team around Trae Young, not around Steph Curry 

We should no longer sign ANY player that is not an above average defender. PERIOD

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of yall have these ridiculous expectations. All around guys especially the young ones need to be in rhythm. 

What you guys want is professional shooters like Snell. Who can come into the game cold and hit open 3s and FTs like nothing. Now they generally can't make contested shots but if its wide open, they are money. That takes years of experience. It's hard to find guys like that who aren't vets.

So I been reading all your post and now I see the point you’re trying to make regarding Trae and the wings.

I don’t fully agree still but I’m glad you wrote this post because before this nothing was making sense.

I do understand and agree young players need their touches . I won’t argue that but honestly Hunter is getting his touches. I think for hunter we need to start facing reality that he’s just not offensively consistent right now.

Hunter gets his opportunities though. He shot 16 times tonight…Hunter just isn’t ready for that second scorer or even consistent scorer title.

I won’t argue the other wings. You may have a valid point for Cam when he was here and Huerter. Bogi takes his shots and makes sure he gets his attempts with or without Trae.

Hunter don’t really have excuses since he’s been back. He has too many lapses…he’s either got a loose dribble, can’t catch the ball, turns it over when he’s trying to be a playmaker. I’m not saying we should trade him but the only thing I agree with you on hunter is that we had high expectations too fast for this kid and we need to dial it back.

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If I am Travis 

I am trading one of Huerter or Bogi. You don't need two PDS three level scorers who can shoot. You just need one. 

Target: A high end 3&D SF. Easier said than done but you got assets to add. Targets: Harrison Barnes who may not be an ideal fit. Keldon Johnson, likely unavailable. Devin Vassell, likely unavailable. 

While I don't want SG 3&D because they are too small for the Tatum, Brown's, Durant's, and Kawhi, Butler's, and LeBron of the world, you gotta start thinking about guys like KCP and Dillon Brooks. Desmond Bane would be ideal but that's not happening. I really like Herbert Jones. Maybe he's available for a couple of 2nds. 

Hunter has to go. He's not a fit even less than Cam. Travis bet on the wrong horse. He f***ed up and there was a reason NO was willing to move down. That deal just helped them get C.J. McCollum. 

Target: A package deal with JC to land a PF of the future. AD is an option even though I think he's washed to a degree. He still provides length and defensive versatility and Trae can get a lot out of him still. 

I am not sure JC is more valuable than AD but I am not sure AD is less valuable. He's a tough eval. Siakam comes to mind but adding Hunter would be an overpay. AD is the main one that comes to mind. 

Ayton goes without saying. Upgrading the 5 position is critical seeing how massive it is to Trae's offensive impact. Since we spammed the 1/5, our offense been in the top 10 since. With the 1/4, we had success in the 2nd half of his rookie year but it was all bad as a sophomore for Trae. 

Ive mentioned Dillon Brooks more than a few times on here.. We had the chace to take him, but Travis took his sorry ass teammate...Just damn...

• Sad 1

Just now, terrell said:

Ive mentioned Dillon Brooks more than a few times on here.. We had the chace to take him, but Travis took his sorry ass teammate...Just damn...

Travis has a certain style of play he was aiming for. No time to harbor on the past, if you gonna build around Trae, you gotta make tough decisions now. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Travis has a certain style of play he was aiming for. No time to harbor on the past, if you gonna build around Trae, you gotta make tough decisions now. 

Yeah this offseason is HUGE...

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of yall have these ridiculous expectations. All around guys especially the young ones need to be in rhythm. 

What you guys want is professional shooters like Snell. Who can come into the game cold and hit open 3s and FTs like nothing. Now they generally can't make contested shots but if its wide open, they are money. That takes years of experience. It's hard to find guys like that who aren't vets.

It's not ridiculous expectations.  When you see guys like Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson come right into the league, and ball out.  Or you see a guy like Desmond Bane take full advantage of Dillon Brooks going down, and damn near make him expendable, it's hard 

The fans just expect these guys to make open shots, just like they expect Trae to play a little better defense.

Games like we had from Bogi today should be more of the norm from our wings, not aberrations.  Especially with all the attention that Trae gets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's not ridiculous expectations.  When you see guys like Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson come right into the league, and ball out.  Or you see a guy like Desmond Bane take full advantage of Dillon Brooks going down, and damn near make him expendable, it's hard 

The fans just expect these guys to make open shots, just like they expect Trae to play a little better defense.

Games like we had from Bogi today should be more of the norm from our wings, not aberrations.  Especially with all the attention that Trae gets.

Those are freaking sharps who play little to no defense. You put them in the same backcourt with Trae and it would be child abuse defensively. You think our defense is bad now, wait till you see us then.

Bane has been this nice. 44% from 3 in college and he projected 38% from NBA 3. The Hawks simply didn't get him. That Bruno deal took away their 34 pick in that draft. They could have packaged 2nds to move up and take Bane.

The Bruno trade was disgusting in retrospect. It took a good asset that could have been used to package to land Bane.

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ive never seen a player miss as many wide open shots as Kevin Huerter... Good grief...

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ive never seen a player miss as many wide open shots as Kevin Huerter... Good grief...

He's 38.7% wide open from 3 and when he's in C&S situations, he's 39.2%. That's pretty good percentages. You talk about him as if he's last year Cam Reddish from 3.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Apparently Hunter needs 6-10 rhythm shots before he can hit any open catch and shoot jumpers lol. It’s a funny analysis from Supes but he may be on to something at least for Hunter.

Im really down on Hunter but that’s because I gave him too high of expectations judging his last seasons play before he went down.

One thing that’s interesting about Supes beliefs is that we need “sharpshooters” who don’t need a lot of touches …I see Huerter as this kind of player. Huerter is quietly having a good shooting season on 2s and 3s….when he’s set he knocks his jumpers down. I don’t believe he needs a ton of attempts to be in rhythm like Hunter MAY need depending on your beliefs about players needing rhythm shots.

Same with Collins. Collins aka “Mr. Efficient” don’t need a lot jumpshot attempts  to knock down his shots either….I think it’s just Hunter  personally but I don’t believe we should trade him cause of this I think instead his focus should be retooled.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Apparently Hunter needs 6-10 rhythm shots before he can hit any open catch and shoot jumpers lol. It’s a funny analysis from Supes but he may be on to something at least for Hunter.

Im really down on Hunter but that’s because I gave him too high of expectations judging his last seasons play before he went down.

One thing that’s interesting about Supes beliefs is that we need “sharpshooters” who don’t need a lot of touches …I see Huerter as this kind of player. Huerter is quietly having a good shooting season on 2s and 3s….when he’s set he knocks his jumpers down. I don’t believe he needs a ton of attempts to be in rhythm like Hunter MAY need depending on your beliefs about players needing rhythm shots.

Same with Collins. Collins aka “Mr. Efficient” don’t need a lot jumpshot attempts  to knock down his shots either….I think it’s just Hunter  personally but I don’t believe we should trade him cause of this I think instead his focus should be retooled.

Kevin and Bogi are three level scorers who can shoot. They aren't sharps. Duncan is a sharp. Herro is an elite scorer who also is a sharp. The closest player on this squad to a sharp is Trae. I am not willing to say he's a sharp but he's an excellent shooter. 

Sharps don't need space. They just let that bitch fly. 

Professional shooters like Snell, P.J. Tucker, etc can hit open 3s at very high clips. We need more of those. Snell was huge for us last year, I don't know why we didn't bring him back.

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's 38.7% wide open from 3 and when he's in C&S situations, he's 39.2%. That's pretty good percentages. You talk about him as if he's last year Cam Reddish from 3.

So you agree that he’s sharpshooter! Don’t need a lot of attempts to hit his shots or open looks.

good…at least we can agree on that.

Huerter isn’t a problem with Trae offensively. He’s a problem defensively so that’s why that combination don’t work completely but we can’t say Trae makes Huerter worse from an offensive standpoint.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sure does Seem like alot worse.. lol. 

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

So you agree that he’s sharpshooter! Don’t need a lot of attempts to hit his shots or open looks.

good…at least we can agree on that.

Huerter isn’t a problem with Trae offensively. He’s a problem defensively so that’s why that combination don’t work completely but we can’t say Trae makes Huerter worse from an offensive standpoint.

No, I just think he's a very good shooter. He's a good scorer and can score on all three levels which I find extremely valuable in the modern NBA, especially playoffs.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No, I just think he's a very good shooter. He's a good scorer and can score on all three levels which I find extremely valuable in the modern NBA, especially playoffs.

Hes also afraid of contact.. He seems to fade away just to avoid getting fouled...

Just now, terrell said:

Sure does Seem like alot worse.. lol. 

That's because a lot of these guys get open 3s. Even if they make 2 out of 5. Those three he might have missed that was open stand out heavily and you almost want a McDermott who's like 43% at wide open 3s which is freaking insane. League average on wide open 3s is like 33%. Not that high at all and the Hawks have a top 3 in the NBA percent at open 3s. It's just that we get so many compared to the norm and we take so few 3s in general so they standout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Hes also afraid of contact.. He seems to fade away just to avoid getting fouled...

He's lacks body control which makes it seem like he's scared but in reality, he doesn't have a body that he can easily control. Bogi does have body control but he lacks explosiveness.