• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Huerter gets waaaayyyyyy too much slack from squawk. He needs to stop being a lil trick b and man the F up already. 

It’s not ok to let the burden fall on Trae man, DO SOMETHING HUERTER! 

Seriously, why does Huerter get a free pass from a lot of youse people? 

Why? 

He doesn't get a free pass from me.    I yell at him more than any player on the team.  his new nickmane is F-ING HUERTER.

Guy is the softest player I've ever seen.    I've said it before, but when he "dives" for loose balls it looks like one of those surveillance videos of someone setting up a fake slip and fall accident.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am not talking about just this game. I am evaluating him on a season basis. 

That's Kev personality type. 

[Mr. Huerter,] Sir, we have the results from your personality test.  It says here you tested in the range of "soft a** b****"

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's nothing you can do about it as a coach. You pull control from Trae and you lose the offense altogether. Trae is gonna do it his way and that's final. We seen when Trae is like, okay, you think you know better and the offense looks like shit.

This is why I said he seems like an ass.. lol

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Huerter gets waaaayyyyyy too much slack from squawk. He needs to stop being a lil trick b and man the F up already. 

It’s not ok to let the burden fall on Trae man, DO SOMETHING HUERTER! 

Seriously, why does Huerter get a free pass from a lot of youse people? 

Why? 

Not from me.. Ive always said hes too soft..And that Trae/Huerter will NEVER work......Has he been in the weight room in 4 years? I'v never seen a guard avoid contact like Kev..And his defense.. Good lord.. We definitely have a wing problem.. "Wingstop" is no more.... smdh

Edited by terrell

27 minutes ago, terrell said:

Not from me.. Ive always said hes too soft..And that Trae/Huerter will NEVER work......Has he been in the weight room in 4 years? I'v never seen a guard avoid contact like Kev..And his defense.. Good lord.. We definitely have a wing problem.. "Wingstop" is no more.... smdh

Trae is a good kid but stubborn as an ox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Same post but insert "Hunter" in mine.

Come at me brosephines ....

At this point you can really put any name in there besides Trae and Okongwu and JC a bit but others aren’t.

Ps The guy or lady that invented Valentine’s Day, I wanna kick 🦵 them right in the nads 🥜 or 🍈’s 🤷‍♀️ 

It’s a ridiculous holiday. Get flowers 💐 get chocolate 🍫 get ripped off, take in the a… I digress.

Some of these 🌹 prices,  I mean, is Sinatra gonna sing 🎤 for me too? :shot:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

Watching Huerter try and guard Tatum and Tatum just holding him off with one hand like a 13 year old holding off his 4 year old brother made me embarrassed for Huerter's entire family.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, shakes said:

Watching Huerter try and guard Tatum and Tatum just holding him off with one hand like a 13 year old holding off his 4 year old brother made me embarrassed for Huerter's entire family.

Yeah unfortunately, it's time to look ahead to the draft for a 3 and D wing.... smh

Because of course we wont have a shot at the player(Ivey) I really want.. Just damn...

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

At this point you can really put any name in there besides Trae and Okongwu and JC a bit but others aren’t.

Ps The guy or lady that invented Valentine’s Day, I wanna kick 🦵 them right in the nads 🥜 or 🍈’s 🤷‍♀️ 

It’s a ridiculous holiday. Get flowers 💐 get chocolate 🍫 get ripped off, take in the a… I digress.

Some of these 🌹 prices,  I mean, is Sinatra gonna sing 🎤 for me too? :shot:

It's literally made up to make us spend money!  Why do we fall for this crap?!

On a related note, kg got the mrs a nice purse.  Set up some flowers and chocolates in it.  Schmoooooov.....

But it's still a total rip!

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya he reminds me of someone I know. :smile:

Hahahahahallololol ... why you gotta talk about dolfan like that?

🙃

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On a related note, kg got the mrs a nice purse.  Set up some flowers and chocolates in it.  Schmoooooov.....

Good God take it easy I just got some See’s and 💐 and a 🎈. You out there makin me look frugal as f$ck. :sarcastic:

She’s lucky I’m even participating in this! Push me a lil more I’ll boycott it like @shakes does annually.

ps Don’t verbally abuse me Shakies it’s V day baby! 💗 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good God take it easy I just got some See’s and 💐 and a 🎈. You out there makin me look frugal as f$ck. :sarcastic:

She’s lucky I’m even participating in this! Push me a lil more I’ll boycott it like @shakes does annually.

My wife and I both boycott Valentine's Day.  It is great to not have to buy overpriced garbage that will be thrown away in the next week and to have her feel the exact same way.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

The referees just gave a clinic on how to fix the game for a team and we're sitting here blaming Trae?

At the Half....

Boston has a total of 10 FT attempts

We have a total of 12 FT attempts. 

Boston has committed 9 PFs

We have committed 8 PFs.

It was said going into the half that Smart and Williams were talking to the refs about fouls...

3rd Qtr...

Boston goes to the FT line 12 times. 

Atlanta goes to the FT line 0 times. 

Boston commits  3 Pfs.

We commits 10 PFs. 

4th Qtr....

Boston gets 5 FT attempts. 

We get 3 FT attempts.

In the third Qtr, Boston goes to the free throw line and get more PFs on us than they had in all of the first half.  Let that sink in....  They went to the FT line 12 times... We went NONE.

Yeah.. we have some issues and problems on the offensive and defensive ends.  There are definitely some things that can be done better...

BUT  IF you guys can't see the influence of the officiating on the outcome of this game YOU ARE BLIND!!!  Or you just have a Narrative that you gotta Push...

Those quick fouls on Hunter put them in the bonus at the 8 minute mark in the 3rd quarter.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

My wife and I both boycott Valentine's Day.  It is great to not have to buy overpriced garbage that will be thrown away in the next week and to have her feel the exact same way.  

My husband and I bypass it, at my request years ago when we met - we do get a lil something for our daughter. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

They changed the defense,” responded Bogdanovic when asked about the third quarter. “They started playing more aggressive on the ball and then we stopped playing aggressive on offense as well, stopped moving the ball, stopped driving.”

Young had an impact on the game. He always does. Otherwise it was the scoring of Bogdanovic and the rebounding of Capela that kept Atlanta in the game.

When Hunter went to the bench with foul trouble, Kevin Huerter struggled to contain the aggressiveness of Tatum.

Atlanta’s centers had trouble making an impact on the game offensively as Boston played Robert Williams on Hunter for most of the game.

Young couldn’t lift the offense down the stretch. This game was one more example of how he needs more help on offense.

To a degree, the Hawks seem a bit stuck at the moment in between developmental goals and pursuing a win-now formula. A good bit of the the secondary playmaking needs to come from Huerter and Hunter, 23 and 24 years old respectively. At ages 26 and 27 they probably will provid the additional offensive punch with more consistency. But the reliable production is just not there yet.

Travis Schlenk opted to not make a move at the trade deadline. Who knows what deals were available? But when Hunter encountered foul issues, there was not another option to which to turn for defending Tatum.

When Young couldn’t engineer a more productive fourth quarter and neither Hunter nor Huerter had any real offensive rhythm, there was not another option to try.

And that’s who the Hawks are right now.

It would make no sense to write off the young players, including Onyeka Okongwu. But the consistency of the secondary contributors is just not where it needs to be for Atlanta to regularly win games like this one.

Young had 30 points and 10 assists. But it wasn’t much of an efficient performance even though there was no lack of trying.

Hunter managed just 10 points on 16 shooting possessions. He was a massive factor defensively in the first half but never recovered his performance on either end after going to the bench with a fourth foul.