• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, terrell said:

I personally think we should focus on obtaining a superstar big. I doubt there will be alot of perimeter players who want to play with Trae. He dominates the ball alot, and plays no defense..... Hopefully, someone who is cool with (like Mitchell) will come play with us.

Just a hail Mary huh??

Bigs are really our least problem.   We can't stop the bleeding at the wings.   Huerter, Hunter, and Bogi are not really good defenders.  Moreover, they all shoot outside but nobody has a consistent drive to the basket.   Of them all, I guess Bogi is the most complete.  We need an old school slasher who can play strong D. 

• Premium Member

The real problem with Slippy hands Hunter is that he can't dribble.  Really all of our wings are potential turnovers when the defense focuses on taking the ball from them.  It's wild. 

We should go after Simmons in the offseason. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Gallo was really putrid today.

2-8/1-3 from 3, then ZERO points, freethrows rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and fouls. 🤢

5, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0....and this doozy:

I'm sure Knox or JJ could put up that Stat line.

I would have started Knox and tell him to just be an energizer bunny and try and grab every rebound. That way the 2nd unit remains intact with Gallo of the bench, but unfortunately it's not in Nate's nature to try anything so drastic.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

Is TJ Warren a good defender? He's a free agent next season and would probably be good to take a flyer on him.  Considering the injury he may be in the Hawks price range.

I don't remember what his defense is like but do we really want another injury prone wing?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gallo was really putrid today.

2-8/1-3 from 3, then ZERO points, freethrows rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and fouls. 🤢

5, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0....and this doozy:

I'm sure Knox or JJ could put up that Stateline.

I would have started Knox and tell him to just be an energizer bunny and try and grab every rebound. That way the 2nd unit remains intact.

I knew he'd start Gallo. lol.. It was a given...

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's 38.7% wide open from 3 and when he's in C&S situations, he's 39.2%. That's pretty good percentages. You talk about him as if he's last year Cam Reddish from 3.

Here is the team as a whole on catch and shoot 3s

• Young - 48.1%
  • Williams - 44.4%
  • Gallo - 43%
  • Huerter - 39.4%
  • Collins - 38.9%
  • Hunter - 37.8%
  • Bogi - 37.2%
  • Dieng - 37.2%
  • Wright - 35.6%

Trae's number is elite, and puts him in the top 3, if you filter through guys who at least make 0.5 spot up 3s per game.

https://tinyurl.com/bdh2jp7t

40% and above shooting, puts you in the top 60.  So to be honest, our wing shooters are slightly average spot up shooters from 3.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is TJ Warren a good defender? He's a free agent next season and would probably be good to take a flyer on him.  Considering the injury he may be in the Hawks price range.

No, he's a below average defender and would end up being terrible next to Trae. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is he injury prone? I honestly don't know much about him. Just know the foot injury happened.  Were there other injuries? 

Good question...he's been out forever and a day with the foot.  I mainly remember him as a scorer not much defense.

• Like 1

Atlanta got two things right 

They got two PDS wings, you just need one. So get rid of Bogi or Kev but not both.

Okongwu as a backup big.

That's it, everything else needs to change. 

JC, they might not need an upgrade but they need a better fit. Someone with size, length, and a lot more positional versatility. 

Capela, needs a major upgrade. He's a good center, top 10. They need a top 5 or potential top 5 center with size, length, and the ability to play the PnR as well as post up plus defend. If they gotta trade a lot picks, then so be it. 

They need a 3&D SF who don't need touches like that and can hit open 3s.

They need a scoring guard off the bench like a Jordan Clarkson type. 

That should raise the floor of this team and get us to being a constant playoffs team and we will contender no matter what because our style transition effortlessly into the playoffs unlike the Highlight Factory or Bud era Hawks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The play that Spoke volumes today was....

2 on 1 break.

Trae and Slippy Hands Dre motoring down the lane with I believe Smart back...

Trae with the ball breaks to the three point line, sets up and misses the three. 

I don't know if Trae went for the three because:

1.  He felt like he could hit it. 

or 

2.  He didn't think that he and Slippy hands could score. 

After seeing Slippy hands miss some easy layups, I may have lost my confidence too. 

If I am the Hawks, this is my squad next year

Trae

Kevin

Eason

Anthony Davis http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8bsajfr

Ayton SnT Capela, future 1sts and JJ 

Bench

Resign Wright

Eric Gordon http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9oafx8k

SF, free agency 

free agent PF, idk, someone who fits and cheap. 

Okongwu 

3rd

Cooper

Mays

Snell

???

???

Edited by NBASupes