• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Net negative? LMAO. 

He always been bad at swinging the ball. He drives it just fine but there is no spacing as Miami is selling out to guard everything on the perimeter so dribble drives are hard to come by for anyone on our squad. 

Delon is a better defender than Hunter. No one has said otherwise but he's not a big wing defender. Those are extremely valuable and hard to find in the NBA. Everyone wants em, it's hard to get em and the teams with them barely want to move them.

He don't get that many touches. Ya'll really be doing the most when it comes to Dre. He's not even playing bad, he's just not meeting your personal expectations. He's playing decent.

My ideal personally replacement for Hunter is like a Herb Jones or young Solomon Hill. Big wing, good arms, excellent defensive player who can shoot 3s decently. Good at swinging the rock, cutting and moving off the ball, and just a role player. That's my ideal 3. Hunter is too good and doesn't fit what we do. Holds the ball too long, analyzes the defense like Kawhi and that works in a ball movement system but player movement systems or Heliocentric offenses, those types stagnant play. He's not an easy fit for a lot of teams because he doesn't just do things quickly. This has always been my complaint on Dre for awhile.

Should clarify to say I mean net negative, but just below average.  He’s not terrible.  

When he drives he doesn’t create for others, turns the ball over, etc.  Gives up offensive rebounds.  The shots he misses are usually wide open.  His impact on defense is not disruptive enough to push him into a net positive player territory.  

I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I want to see him grow and improve.  

• Premium Member

I'm glad that OO played with confidence down the stretch. I hope he builds on that because right now, we need him to be 4th qtr OO the whole game. 

Hunter wasn't so bad in the first half.   He just can't dribble.... If he has an absolutely clear path to the bucket, he should take it.. otherwise shoot.  He is limited because his passes are soft and his dribbling sucks.  But I think Nate finally got it right when he benched Dre and let Wright stay out there.   Dre was killing us in the third.  Maybe 3 of his 4 turnovers... bad shots.  It was time for him to sit the bench.

I get that Nate wants to keep his rotation times consistent so that no player feels isolated.   However, if they are messing up and there's somebody else we can go to, Nate, has to pull the damn string. 

Finally... On the last Hawks play.. Bogi was wide open at the three point line.   Trae decided that we will live or die on my play.  As he should have.  He would have taken so much s--- on here if he would have passed out to a wide open Bogi and Bogi missed.   Somewhere in a parallel universe, that happened  And Bonkers, Terrell, and Hots have spent 23 hours telling the world through Hawksquawk that Trae is Overrated. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terrell said:

Plus No rebounds. No assists. No steals. No blocks. 17 points and 4 tos. The man plays PF, and SF. How does he not grab 1 single rebound or get 1 assist in 31 minutes?  Hunter made some big shots today, and guarded Butler , but 4 tos from him is unacceptable. 

Question was Hunter turning the ball over like this before the wrist injury?

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Net negative? LMAO. 

He always been bad at swinging the ball. He drives it just fine but there is no spacing as Miami is selling out to guard everything on the perimeter so dribble drives are hard to come by for anyone on our squad. 

Delon is a better defender than Hunter. No one has said otherwise but he's not a big wing defender. Those are extremely valuable and hard to find in the NBA. Everyone wants em, it's hard to get em and the teams with them barely want to move them.

He don't get that many touches. Ya'll really be doing the most when it comes to Dre. He's not even playing bad, he's just not meeting your personal expectations. He's playing decent.

My ideal personally replacement for Hunter is like a Herb Jones or young Solomon Hill. Big wing, good arms, excellent defensive player who can shoot 3s decently. Good at swinging the rock, cutting and moving off the ball, and just a role player. That's my ideal 3. Hunter is too good and doesn't fit what we do. Holds the ball too long, analyzes the defense like Kawhi and that works in a ball movement system but player movement systems or Heliocentric offenses, those types stagnant play. He's not an easy fit for a lot of teams because he doesn't just do things quickly. This has always been my complaint on Dre for awhile.

I be wanting to like so many more of your posts but you always throw in something that keeps me from doing it.

Hunter is fine and there is no need to replace him. Everyone in here overreacting, which you are not, act like the dude hasn't been injured which has hampered his development a bit this season. With a healthy off season I expect to see a much better Hunter. Now if he plays like this next season, then we can have those convos about moving him and system fit.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Stock rising this series:

Delon Wright
Bogi

I love seeing Bogi's confidence.  That snarl he gives after making his shot.  You don't have to worry about him being scared of the moment.  He's played in big games his whole life.  You see it with Luka, too. 

The Yugos get their teens playing like pros earlier than we do.  And those cities come out to watch the games where there are some serious rivalries.  There is less noise in NBA arenas for people like Bogi.  

Serbian?

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

These are his 4 TOs...I don't understand the 1st one though. The 2nd was a bogus offensesive foul, the last 2 are legitimate TOs due to a weak handle which is something he can work on and fix. His dribble was too high and away from his body.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=TOV&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0042100103&PlayerID=1629631&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game

Hunter has a sizeable advantage when the hear switch, his problem is he takes too long to make his move, just catch and go instead of waiting for the defense. I posted an article about how he is improving on how quickly he shoots the ball after getting it instead of holding the ball.

This wasn't for you. Just want people to understand the why before wanting someone shipped to Cancun and rage posting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

It's hopefully a lovely sunshine-filed morning wherever you are. Let's make "B.S." stand for Beautiful Saturday, and nothing else, okay?

Go Hawks!

~lw3

83 degrees in Chicago today. 

We had snow on Monday. 

Hawks win turned it around!