• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, hylndr11 said:

U guys need to get on board the jinx reverse psychology game, if we bitch about Trae good things happen, duh.

But somenyall need to give credit to the other players who won that game, too many oh look Trae showed up told you, 

It is called the Jeff Blauser treatment. I explained that on here before. Jeff Blauser used to be the Braves starting shortstop. My dad and I would just start trashing the guy after a point and whenever we did he either got a hit, got a walk or something positive happened.

We have called it the Jeff Blauser treatment ever since. It is the reverse jinx in full effect. I have tried doing that with Hunter all season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

U guys need to get on board the jinx reverse psychology game, if we bitch about Trae good things happen, duh.

But somenyall need to give credit to the other players who won that game, too many oh look Trae showed up told you, 

Show me where I have bitched about Trae? Spud is a clown, he's has no clue what he's talking about.

• Confused 1

Just now, Sothron said:

It is called the Jeff Blauser treatment. I explained that on here before. Jeff Blauser used to be the Braves starting shortstop. My dad and I would just start trashing the guy after a point and whenever we did he either got a hit, got a walk or something positive happened.

We have called it the Jeff Blauser treatment ever since. It is the reverse jinx in full effect. I have tried doing that with Hunter all season.

Bruh this what I think all native atlanta sports fans have been doing for 30 years or so now 😂

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If Huerter or Bogi is struggling, PLAY DELON NATE! 

Vegas has Heat by 1.5

2k has Hawks by 10 in an absolute DOG FIGHT.

I was down nearly all game until DELON WRIGHT starting working on D. Workin the passing lanes.

Yup. Delon was huuuuuge. 2k don’t lie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Show me where I have bitched about Trae? Spud is a clown, he's has no clue what he's talking about.

Think u misunderstood what I was saying , my fault I' admittedly don't put the best effort in communication when I'm on the phone txt

What a win! When our superstar struggled the “others” kept it going. Hats off to Delon, man that kid, then OO with the aggressive play and Bogi was laser focused late.

@TheNorthCydeRises thanks for sacrificing with the package 📦 and being our Jim Brown in the dirty dozen! (But you made it baby!) :sarcastic:

Enjoy it Hawks fans, we went through a lot during the game, if I’m a cat 🐈 I have 1 life left after last night. 😅 

HAWKS!!!!!!!

• Haha 3

Reading up on the thread this morning and some of y'all are weird man. From my seats it was pretty obvious that Trae is still tired and the  Heat players physicality is affecting his normal play right now. 

More than being mad at Trae, most of those around me were yelling for us to run plays for Trae to be a catch and shooter. It's an absolute travesty that Nate refuses to run even basic plays. We just rely on dribble kick outs and Trae PnR all game. 

Either way we won the game and the crowd was electric all night. I hope those of you who go to Game 4 keep that same energy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh I know, lol. I'm not wasting my time with all that trade stuff in the middle of this playoff run.

Here's the snippet regarding Hunter's pace on touches. He needs to be a quicker decision maker with the ball.

Screenshot_20220423-092605_Samsung Internet.jpg

His shot attempts:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0042100103&PlayerID=1629631&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

He had some good looks and just missed.

On defense, he a keep his man in front of him defender, he's just not a steals and blocks guy.

That's what we need him to do if you ask me. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

It's hopefully a lovely sunshine-filed morning wherever you are. Let's make "B.S." stand for Beautiful Saturday, and nothing else, okay?

Go Hawks!

~lw3

How do you sense I’m about to lose control? Amazing. :applause: The timing, impeccable! Beautiful Saturday indeed.

GO HAWKS!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just rematch the 4th....kudos to all!

And big shout out to the Fans....they had The Farm rocking!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

When Okongwu got that rebound and putback, that arena was extremely loud. Not gonna lie though, that 21 - 0 run the Heat went on sucked the life out of the building. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Stock rising this series:

Delon Wright
Bogi

I love seeing Bogi's confidence.  That snarl he gives after making his shot.  You don't have to worry about him being scared of the moment.  He's played in big games his whole life.  You see it with Luka, too. 

The Yugos get their teens playing like pros earlier than we do.  And those cities come out to watch the games where there are some serious rivalries.  There is less noise in NBA arenas for people like Bogi.  

Bogi gets props for his 4th quarter defense on Butler as well. He's really stepped up in the 4th quarter.

Full disclosure, I had a prior commitment last night. I had tickets to see Gabriel Iglesius in Birmingham. There was no wifi in the arena last night and I only got a few game updates. On my way to the car, I saw a game story that said the Hawks  made the Heat work for the win. I thought we lost. Got in at 3 AM (Fluffy had a great, extended long show) so I never looked up the boxscore. Got up this morning and found out we won. Watching the game now, in the third. Waiting with childlike anticipation to see the Lowry injury. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Problem with Hunter is not only does he miss those shots too often he also is terrible at swinging the ball or driving it. You need people to drive and dish with the Heat playing the way they are playing. Hunter is a massive liability on the floor for us offensively and a major source of stagnation. 

Hunter is like a better 3ot shooting but worse rebounding Josh Childress.

This must be a lot of fun.  I want in on the Trae bashing.

First of all, Heat is much better than the Hawks.

Trae missed two free throws.  Everyone knows how I hate this!  

Trae didn't keep control of the ball.  He had three turnovers for the game.

The Heat went on a 21-0 run in the third quarter.  This was all Trae's fault.  If he could hit a shot this wouldn't have happened.  He probably missed a lot during this time.  I don't know.  Any way, it was all his fault.

Heat's point guard injured.  That's why we won.  (Never mind that the Hawks don't have their starting center and Collins is playing, injured.  Lou Williams is also missing.)

END OF RANT!

Nate gets a shout out for having three bench players in the game and leaving them in when it counted!  They were all there to close out the 4th quarter.

Heat, put the broom away.  You didn't sweep.

:smug:

PS;  Braves won!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He was also getting to the line. He was 3 - 9 FG, but 5 - 6 FT.  That's 14 pts on 9 shots. He wasn't forcing the issue until late.

We know that Trae is going to get some ft attempts most nights regardless of how good or bad his shooting is.

Performances like game 1 where he basically got nothing is completely rare.

And he did reduce his turnovers, but it still wasn't that great of a performance until the end.

Some might argue that when you're a 28/9 player you set the bar at a certain level. If you're going to be a show off player, you better back it up.

Yes, we all understand that this isn't all about Trae. We've all went back and forth over the team's flaws. How another star level player is needed... How we need a wing that can draw attention and attack the basket, but before last few minutes Trae was having a terrible series. He has to play better going toward.

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

Think about it...

We won this game without Clint and with a gimpy JC!

We were outrebounded 59 to 39!!

By the middle of the Third, even the broadcasters had written us off and many of the haters on the Squawk had shown up and were talking loud. 

The Whole NBA were saying Sweep.   The look on Chris Tucker face.... was one of disappointment. 

Then Trae said...

Wait A Minute GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Not surprised we won without(hobbled) JC tbh.

Hawks record this year, counting play in:

COVID: 3-5

With John Collins: 25-26

Without John Collins: 18-8

With John Collins: team net rating +0.5

Without John Collins: team net rating +3.7

Keep in mind this is with Gallo and TLC taking his minutes instead..

So thankful Nate read the floor in the 4th last night...

Hopefully we get CC back soon...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1