• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Collins didn't get many attempts... he hit a big three... and he was the only one in there rebounding or trying.

We need Clint!

Clint is more valuable to us than hes given credit for..(missed bunnies and all..lol)

Trae/Bogi/CC our 3 most important players

We win or lose with these 3 dudes...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

Just now, REHawksFan said:

No. I'm saying for someone that supposedly knows a lot about bball you resort to hot takes rather than actually discussing what's going on. 

Throughout the series Trae has had deflections, taken charges, and fought for rebounds. His defense hasn't been great but it isn't WOAT. 

And you've also criticized him offensively without getting into the way the Heat are taking him away. You know the Heat are one of the top Ds in the NBA and Spo is doing everything to take Trae away. But you'd rather mock Trae defenders  than have a legit discussion about it. 

He's done those things which is true but he's getting targeted often, he gets abused on switches and he gives no resistant to attacks a lot more on far more possessions. 

My critic of him is fair. I don't see the issue. Hot takes are what game threads are all about. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Did you see his finger on that missed dunk attempt.

DAMN!!!!

Yeah, Collins is nowhere near 100%. His spring is gone and he's clearly favoring one hand. Gotta get Cap back to have a realistic chance in this series. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

And I love Collins and how he has come out, actually had a very solid game last game despite everything. But we need our big OO to step the f up because Collins is visibly not himself and if we can't rely on him giving us big production.

With Clint out, it's all hands on deck... except Dieng.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We needed everyone to step up with defense locked in on Trae. Everyone contributed in this one....No 0-fers!!!! Yeah

Gutsy win, Miami is making this as difficult as is possible. A lot of the hostility on the thread is just all the pent up tension from having to watch Miami manhandle us for close to three games straight lol. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

What’s the latest on capela? Any hope to get him back for game 4? Only thing I found was he is out tonight. 

I don't think there's much of a chance for game 4 considering he wasn't close tonight. But pray to the lawd maybe by game 5 he is back. Just need to eek out one more until then. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Poatgame presser ....

Just one question for you, Mr. Young.  Is that a man-bag you're carrying or is that a cluuuuuuutchhh....

.... and is that an 8th grade, junior pimp walk back to the bench I see?

Coming With The Bs Pimp Walk GIF - Coming With The Bs Pimp Walk Pimp Dance  - Discover & Share GIFs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

No...I have a complaint...the heat were in the bonus 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter. 

I wanted to be mad about the 4 fouls on one possess at the beginning of the 3rd.. but then As I look at the total game... It's much better than it has been...  Because it has been pro-Miami...

• Premium Member

The Psychology of the game is crazy.

Trae scores the would be game winner. 4.4 seconds left.... Miami goes into conference and comes out with a play for Jimmy to shoot a three.  They had to know that Duncan, Struss, Vincent or Herro are better shooters than Jimmy from three.  But this was superstar vs. superstar.  mono y mono.   Jimmy wanted to prove that he was the star of the Heat. 

Shook his pride!!!

Hawks win!!

• Like 1

Obviously I'm glad we won. 

But man... DeAndre is getting more and more frustrating.
-inability to control the ball and turning it over and over

-doesn't box out if his man is on the perimeter. Instead jogs toward the rim and watches long rebounds go over his head to his man on the 3 pt. line
-fouls too much by trying to act like he's not doing anything and just runs into people as they make their moves. And 1 city for his opponent
-leaves his man wide open (see Tucker 3 that gave them the lead

Go Hawks!