• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dejounte Murray (Woj)

NBASupes

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Trivia question:

Who was the last player the Hawks acquired who was an all star ⭐️ the season prior? 

Winner gets a cookie 🍪 

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller????

image.gif.2e57aeefa7178236536b76a60d307f2a.gif

Get dem Corn Pops outta my face, kid 🙌🏼

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jy23 said:

I thought I would get off my phone when this happened so my fiancé can stop threatening me but now I’m just glued even more reading up on Murray and watching highlights. Looks like I may end up on the couch before the week is out lol. 

You might get poked in the eyes bro I ain’t gonna lie, you wild n’ out homie.

image.gif.ccd836ca8ed83c0dceb632b40b3e0b42.gif

To combat this:

Place your hand 🤚 (palm forward) on your face, then rotate 90 degrees to where the side of your thumb is place on the bridge of your nose 👃🏾.

This will most likely combat the eye gouge, UNLESS, your fiancé has Kawhi hands/fingers, then you’re f!cked! 

God speed young jy23! We are with you!!!

• Haha 3

Just now, hazer said:

This is humbling… I’m out of cookies 🍪..

:ninja: Some dude raced into the squawk kitchen and ate the last 27. 😐 

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Can I interest you in a half eaten donut 🍩?

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

They don’t seem to sweat it too tough from what I’ve read.  They like all the draft capital and cap space that they won’t find anyone worth spending it upon.

They knew they weren’t going anywhere with him (a tweener who can’t shoot with mediocre vision) as the man.  He’ll be much better as a secondary option but his championship value is realized as a third usage leader.  He’s around Jrue level without the size to hold up physically defending big wings but with much better ability to draw defenders.

They have high hopes for Joshua Primo being some poor man’s SGA.   I can’t see it in his college nor por numbers.  Boy the expectations there have fallen off a cliff from the Tim and Manu days.

Nah, go to the Spurs forum and read opinions. They aren't happy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You might get poked in the eyes bro I ain’t gonna lie, you wild n’ out homie.

image.gif.ccd836ca8ed83c0dceb632b40b3e0b42.gif

To combat this:

Place your hand 🤚 (palm forward) on your face, then rotate 90 degrees to where the side of your thumb is place on the bridge of your nose 👃🏾.

This will most likely combat the eye gouge, UNLESS, your fiancé has Kawhi hands/fingers, then you’re f!cked! 

God speed young jy23! We are with you!!!

Sacrifices have to be made man lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Post-Trade Debrief:

https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-atlanta-hawks-trade-exclusive/

Assertions:

Onyeka was dangled by Atlanta - I believe this
Atlanta ended up removing the protections on 25 & 27 to close the deal - I doubt SAS would've made the trade with protections anyway
I believe the "other offer" was no-where close
Gallo agreeing was never an issue - "Danilo Gallinari upped his guarantee amount to $11.5M-$12M and pushed his guarantee back as part of the trade between ATL and SAS." - Keith Smith

I give the trade an A - Not an A+ only because it's one of those high level trades and not a complete robbery.. but close to it.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Post-Trade Debrief:

Assertions:

Atlanta ended up removing the protections on 25 & 27 to close the deal - I doubt SAS would've made the trade with protections anyway
Gallo agreeing was never an issue - "Danilo Gallinari upped his guarantee amount to $11.5M-$12M and pushed his guarantee back as part of the trade between ATL and SAS." - Keith Smith

I give the trade an A - Not an A+ only because it's one of those high level trades and not a complete robbery.. but close to it.

Yup tough to project what the picks will be that far ahead into the future but considering we were in the ECF a couple of games away from a finals appearance and already loaded with young players virtually at every position it makes sense to roll the dice on that. I still can't believe the Spurs didn't pick up a single promising young player from a Murray trade though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Post-Trade Debrief:

Assertions:

Lies galore. Please stop using Spurstalk as a source. They are on the same level with ballsack sports and clutchpoints

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lies galore. Please stop using Spurstalk as a source. They are on the same level with ballsack sports and clutchpoints

Bro chill on who has authority and who doesn't. They are just talking points and speculation about how the trade process went down. They may not be the golden truth but we are just digressing to get some insight on the process that just happened. 

Unless you have some real legit info don't sit here and preach.

This is a message board not a NBA Front Office Information Sharing Service.

Edited by theheroatl

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Bro chill on who has authority and who doesn't. They are just talking points and speculation about how the trade process went down. They may not be the golden truth but we are just digressing to get some insight on the process that just happened. 

Everything they say is a lie. Its fan fiction. The Spurs aren't leaking shit. This ain't an attack on you, I am just saying, it's a bullshit source. It's like going to a black website and posting media takeout articles.

Edited by NBASupes

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This is a message board not a NBA Front Office Information Sharing Service.

It's a rumor mill website with zero credibility, so no, there is no reason to chill on someone bringing misinformation into the discussion. You are gaining zero insight into the process by muddying the waters with lies. That OO rumor has been debunked by multiple legitimate reporters. 

• Premium Member

https://theathletic.com/3391203/2022/06/29/dejounte-murray-trade-grade-spurs-hawks/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

If you can't see it, Hawks grade on trade was A+

Now Schlenk has brought in the perfect complementary player to Young, and all it cost him were some picks and none of his key young players. Brilliant move.

Grade: A+

Spurs got a D-

Gallinari gives them nothing. He barely gave the Hawks much substance consistently. They’ll likely move him before the next deadline if they don’t decide to release him and let him find a team on his own.

Grade: D-

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Now Schlenk has brought in the perfect complementary player to Young, and all it cost him were some picks and none of his key young players. Brilliant move.

This is by far the biggest coup.  It keeps tangible assets on the floor this season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

I love the trade for the Hawks but how can you give a rebuilding and tanking team a D- when they just acquired 3 first round picks, 2 unprotected and took on no salary?    Spurs get at least a B also.  

They did take on Salary.   If the reports are true Gallo's guarantee went from $5 mil to about $12 million, so SAS saved $million in salary on Murray's contract.