• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Dejounte Murray (Woj)

NBASupes

3 hours ago, HawkingAwesome said:

DON’T GIVE THIS GUY VIEWS!!! HE HATES THE HAWKS.

a I saw a video from him 3 years ago talking how he hates the Hawks moves of picking up Gallo and Bogi.

MY WARRIOR FRIEND SENT IT TO ME a few years back. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

anytime my dude!
#againstdouchescoalition

You don’t even know the half of it.

My good friend of 35 years sent me this dudes video talking about how the transactions of Gallo n Bogi were bad when the rest of the media thought they were good moves.

He purposely sent me this, then when I said that he was a hater for it, he didn’t invite me to Hawks/Warriors even though we had gone to that specific game for 20 years ever since he was a ticket holder for the scrubs.

F this guy and F my friend. Oh and F the Scrubs.

Thanks War rant over.

ps LET ME GUESS HE THINKS THE HAWKS MADE A BAD DEAL????

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I've been reading up on Murray.  He addresses so many team needs, but the biggest is a locker room leader.  Coming from San Antonio and his life story in general, he'll be an excellent leader on the team. He's such a hard worker like Trae.

Can't wait to see if he gives us an edge on the court.  We need some more personality.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I think a really underrated quality of Dejounte that we're getting is his leadership. You can tell just from the introductory press conference how much that's going to be an impact in the locker room. 

One thing I keep wondering about is how much will his presence effect Trae's defense. In several different ways. 

First, I would like to hope DJM's competitiveness on the defensive end will rub off on Trae, even if just a little bit. We all know the physical size and athletic limitations that Trae has will always prevent him from being an elite defender; but all also know he has shown he can be an average defender when he focuses on it and expends the energy required. If we can get more league average defense from Trae on a consistent basis that would go a long way. 

Second, maybe I'm alone in feeling this way but I've long believed that the main reason we don't see more consistent effort on D from Trae is because he has rightly prioritized where he expends his energy: on the offensive end. He has been the only offensive engine on the Hawks since he's been here, and when he isn't on we usually struggle mightily on that side of the ball. 

He has correctly prioritized where to spend that energy IMO. He could focus on defense and reach league average status; or he could focus on offense and be one of the best 5 offensive players in the NBA. Clearly he has made the right choice (assuming my assumption of conserving energy is correct.)

However, now we finally add another high quality offensive engine in Murray. One who can also initiate the PnR offense we run through Trae. The entire offensive burden no longer has to fall all on his shoulders.

Because of this, my question now is will we finally see Trae able to spend more of his energy and focus on both sides of the ball? 

So the two things I'm curious to see during this season: 1) does DJM's defensive competitiveness rub off on Trae, and 2) Does DJM's presence allow Trae to focus on defense more than he has in the past?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

maybe I'm alone in feeling this way but I've long believed that the main reason we don't see more consistent effort on D from Trae is because he has rightly prioritized where he expends his energy: on the offensive end.

You are definitely not alone.  It has been discussed ad-nauseum: get Trae some offensive help and hopefully he can put more energy in on defense.  We shall now see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He purposely sent me this, then when I said that he was a hater for it, he didn’t invite me to Hawks/Warriors even though we had gone to that specific game for 20 years ever since he was a ticket holder for the scrubs.

Damn. This guy destroyed y'alls friendship!? Sorry Spud... that you lost the Hawks/Dubs hookup. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, warcore said:

Damn. This guy destroyed y'alls friendship!? Sorry Spud... that you lost the Hawks/Dubs hookup. 

Well I wouldn’t say destroyed it but he was the first strike 🪧 sent by my friend.

No worries on the hookup, I’m going to the game and I’m gonna get better seats 💺 than what they have. :laugh1: Possibly try to take a selfie 🤳🏼 with them landing in the background and just put “VIP”. 

• Haha 3