• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

These last three games are valuable reference points for the rest of the season. Efficacy builders. Learning the value of "try"... getting down, but then gaining confidence that it's within you to reverse the script and maybe even end up on top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Btw does anyone else here even remember Sidney Moncrief on those great 80's Bucks teams or Alvin Robertson on the Spurs then the Bucks? You don't usually get lockdown defense from shooting guards that can get 2-3 steals a game.

I used to hate that guy.   Him and Jack Sikma!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Or even Bucks. He was an animal on D but what I saw from Murray tonight, Alvin may have been the last guy I saw like that. I mean Pippen too I guess in many games for the Bulls but I’m not even sure what Pippen’s career high in a single game is in steal. Alvin, Pippen.. I can’t think of any others guards or wing type perimeter defenders impose like Dejounte did tonight. Defensive clinic put on by our guy. 

Right? I'm like watching DJM at SG and its like Sidney Moncrief or Alvin Robertson has come back from the 1980's and possessed DJM this season. People remember Pippen as a perimeter defender but a shooting guard that can lock a guy down AND ALSO get a ton of steals on a consistent basis? 

I can honestly say El Sid and Alvin are the only two shooting guards I can ever remember being able to do that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I used to hate that guy.   Him and Jack Sikma!

Whoa how can you hate those guys? I loved those guys. Sikma was so great in Seattle and for the Bucks. Did you hate them just because we were playoff rivals? Or is it their games you hate? Honestly curious. 

8 hours ago, sturt said:

These last three games are valuable reference points for the rest of the season. Efficacy builders. Learning the value of "try"... getting down, but then gaining confidence that it's within you to reverse the script and maybe even end up on top.

Nbaradio morning show made a comment that, when the game is about skill and pace/space, the Hawks can beat just about anybody.  But when it's about physicality they're not very good.  Harsh but true.... for now.

I hope Nathan and Schlenk recognize that.  Perhaps they do and that's part of why they (effectively) swapped Kevin for Murray?  We need more hosses willing to 'touch' people, so to speak.

• Like 3