• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We do get Clean Looks.  We just have been missing the shots.  I know clean looks don't fit your agenda... but we do get clean looks.. we just miss. 

We get a lot of clean looks. We had more clean looks than Cleveland had 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

For the season, Trae is shooting 32% from three.  The rest of the team is shooting 32% from three.  The entire squad is sucking wind from behind the arc and it's largely a result of our offense and coaching.  We don't get clean looks, we don't move the ball, and there's little player movement.  Other than handoffs, everyone in the starting lineup is a ball stopper and even DJ has become that to some extent.  We need an offensive identity that is something other than relying on Trae's vision as a passer in transition and spamming PnR

I won't leave Nate off the hook but really we don't have the personnel. When Murray and Trae are both in the game the offense is very good (maybe not tonight but throughout the year). Problem is when either of them sits we have absolutely no secondary creator and virtually no shooters on the wings outside of Hunter and AJ, who rarely ever see the floor together. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We don't get clean looks, 

Gotta agree with Diesel

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We do get Clean Looks.  We just have been missing the shots.  I know clean looks don't fit your agenda... but we do get clean looks.. we just miss. 

Trae is the only player that doesn't get open clean CnS 3s...this is AHol tonight, WIDE OPEN...1-4

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3A&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200248&PlayerID=1628988&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

JHol

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3A&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200248&PlayerID=1628988&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You guys are way too old to act like every game is life and death. Middle school kids do that. You all should know better.

Trae will get them when they come to the A. And Murray won't go 4 - 18 either.

Yup won't overreact over one game... but on the flipside, it hasn't been one game. It's been 17 games and the Hawks will probably be ranking out of the top 15 in Orating on the year after tonight. Offense is a legitimate area of concern. There are too many lineups that are just completely devoid of production the majority of the time. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

EXACTLY. Think about the few games A-hol and J-hol have made their open looks. Our offense instantly doesn't look terrible. Holiday open is available all day for us and they brick them with incredible consistently. The obvious weakness is our guard depth. The fact we gave up Huerter for nothing looks like the dumbest (or cheapest) move of the offseason by any team. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yup won't overreact over one game... but on the flipside, it hasn't been one game. It's been 17 games and the Hawks will probably be ranking out of the top 15 in Orating on the year after tonight. Offense is a legitimate area of concern. There are too many lineups that are just completely devoid of production the majority of the time. 

I'm really not overly concerned about Orating at this juncture after 17 games. I'm more concerned with W/L and defense.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Ehhh...  I think this is subjective.  If we're talking open shots, we do get them now just like in previous seasons and they're not falling.  At the same time, there should be more.  We should be dialing up open shots with this backcourt.  There's no way to cover Trae, DJM, and the PNR...unless you ignore the passing game and perimeter threat of a team that isn't really moving the ball and is unapologetically inept and/or unconcerned with 3 point shooting.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm really not overly concerned about Orating at this juncture after 17 games. I'm more concerned with W/L and defense.

W/L is buoyed by an extremely easy early schedule, and some favorable luck with the injuries, both us being pretty healthy and the teams we play being banged up. Our net rating is mediocre and it is a better indicator of our team up to this point than our W/L record. I'm encouraged by beating the teams we should beat (Charlotte game notwithstanding) and our overall level of effort. But there are major holes on our team, and I'm not sure Bogi is enough to fix it. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

W/L is buoyed by an extremely easy early schedule, and some favorable luck with the injuries, both us being pretty healthy and the teams we play being banged up. Our net rating is mediocre and it is a better indicator of our team up to this point than our W/L record. I'm encouraged by beating the teams we should beat (Charlotte game notwithstanding) and our overall level of effort. But there are major holes on our team, and I'm not sure Bogi is enough to fix it. 

I don't care this early about easy schedule, luck etc.....all the games count the same in the final tally and our overall seeding.

The deeper we get into the season is when I'll start to be concerned about net rating etc. Are we getting better 41 games in vs the 1st 21 games, then 61 games in. 

3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Guess what...

Hide contents

Oprah Winfrey Shrug GIF - Oprah Winfrey Shrug What Do You Know - Discover &  Share GIFs

...and I'm just gonna put it in my signature. lol

Might as well :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I am starting to think if you can shut down the Capela lob, that Trae struggles unless his 3 ball is on. He doesn’t have a very diverse game. He relies on oops, 3s and floaters to much. He didn’t even attempt a mind range shot today or anything else.

Garland, and Mitchell mixed up there shot selection. you don’t see that front Trae.

Trae:

image.png.7a6fc4b1491b13ed3316afa25ed99e97.png

Mitchell:

image.png.f91bbd460ff6dbcd40d6514c3cba0823.png

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

We get open threes as a team except for Trae. The Holliday brothers are just bad. There's no other way to say it. Justin Holliday in particular is just bad. Trading Kevin for that bum, another bum we flipped almost immediately to avoid the LT and a phantom first will go down as one of the most pathetic trades in Hawks history. Literally gave away a good young player for basically nothing just so the owner can avoid paying the tax. Pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We get open threes as a team except for Trae. The Holliday brothers are just bad. There's no other way to say it. Justin Holliday in particular is just bad. Trading Kevin for that bum, another bum we flipped almost immediately to avoid the LT and a phantom first will go down as one of the most pathetic trades in Hawks history. Literally gave away a good young player for basically nothing just so the owner can avoid paying the tax. Pathetic.

The Kings are pretty good. I think that first converts, but I just wish they would have kept Kevin. Would we be seeing AJ if we had Kevin?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1