• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is such a bad take.  I guess blocks and steals don't count

And it's a lie, he did have 1 rebound to go along with 1 block, 2 steals, 2 assist and hit his 3 freethrows (2nd leading freethrow shooter in entire NBA, wish he had more trips to the line). Plus he did a great job boxing out the long Cavs frontline.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We didn't play like rubbish though.  The  Cavs were just hitting everything.  You have some nights like that. 

I don't think our defense was good to start the game though. Our point of attack defense was sloppy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And it's a lie, he did have 1 rebound to go along with 1 block, 2 steals, 2 assist and hit his 3 freethrows (2nd leading freethrow shooter in entire NBA, wish he had more trips to the line). Plus he did a great job boxing out the long Cavs frontline.

Agenda's going to agenda.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Rebounding was not an issue tonight.  Cavs shot 60%, they missed 28 shots the entire game. Collins didn't grab rebounds because Capella and Okonguw snatched up 20 defensive rebounds and 5 offensive rebounds in a game where there was 35 total rebounds for the Hawks. Hawks actually outrebounded the Cavs 10-3 in the offensive glass so it's not like the Hawks were giving up second chances or failing to generate them. Collins has been rebounding solidly this year and his numbers are not bad considering he plays most of his minutes next to Clint who has been on a ridiculous stretch of rebounding. 9 per 36 minuts for Collins and 16 per 36 for Clint and FYI Okonguw also eating ug up boards at 10.5 per 36. That's fantastic production from those guys collectively. 

No.. the glass is 1/8 empty...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Collins played good defense all night despite getting shafted in virtually every single one of his fouls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think our defense was good to start the game though. Our point of attack defense was sloppy.

Yeah, that's cause AJ was out there getting roasted.  But even then, the Cavs were attacking the drop coverage and making their shots. 

Even in the first quarter the rotations were solid and the effort was there.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And 2 turnovers.. hes been turning it over more than usual lately....Also, I said 0 defensive rebound.. Never said he was our worst player tonight or anything. he wasnt..

Edited by terrell

Well at least AJ should be well over 50% shooting after tonight with a 1:1 assist to turn and 11 steals.  He kinda gives me Brandon Roy vibes inside the arc with his balance and touch.  He swipes super low and sneaky like Iggy.

I love his crouched stance with help behind but when he isn’t, like on a skip pass and he has to close on a Garland he gets blown by like he’s stuck in mud lol

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

And 2 turnovers.. hes been turning it over more than usual lately....Also, I said 0 defensive rebound.. Never said he was our worst player tonight or anything. he wasnt..

You are definitely barking up the wrong tree criticizing our bigs tonight.  I thought they were quite good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And the work on the glass was VERY solid against a very big and capable front line. Issues were our guards not being able to stop Mitchel and Garland defensively and offensively our guards outside of Trae shooting 19% from the field on 26 shots. Simple as that. 

Trae's 1-8 from 3 was not helpful, but he was 10-14 on 2s.  Why can't Nate design some CnS 3s for him?

None of his 3pt shots were good in rhythm shots, with his feet set. Every one seemed rushed.

@Peoriabird Trae had 1 CnS 3, and that came in the corner with the shot clock winding down, 4 seconds left.

All Trae 3 point attempts.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3A&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200248&PlayerID=1629027&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The "Hawks" minus Trae were 10 for 27 from 3 around 37% which above the league average.

For the season, Trae is shooting 32% from three.  The rest of the team is shooting 32% from three.  The entire squad is sucking wind from behind the arc and it's largely a result of our offense and coaching.  We don't get clean looks, we don't move the ball, and there's little player movement.  Other than handoffs, everyone in the starting lineup is a ball stopper and even DJ has become that to some extent.  We need an offensive identity that is something other than relying on Trae's vision as a passer in transition and spamming PnR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And the work on the glass was VERY solid against a very big and capable front line. Issues were our guards not being able to stop Mitchel and Garland defensively and offensively our guards outside of Trae shooting 19% from the field on 26 shots. Simple as that. 

Cleveland averages 53 rpg.. we held them to 37....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You are definitely barking up the wrong tree criticizing our bigs tonight.  I thought they were quite good

I wouldnt say they were quite good.. They were ok. OO had one of his better games... Its just that Our 2 Guards were worse

Trae didn't have a good game even though he had a decent fg% again tonight, and Murray was absolutely brutal. Looked completely disconnected from the game until the 4th and then I wished he would remain disconnected with abominable shot selection and decision making. Tonight was a bad return on our investment. We need both of our All-Star guards to start playing up to their pedigree with consistency at some point.

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'm not gonna nitpick these kind of TOs. (Except never jump pass @MaceCase)

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=TOV&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200248&PlayerID=1628381&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

For the season, Trae is shooting 32% from three.  The rest of the team is shooting 32% from three.  The entire squad is sucking wind from behind the arc and it's largely a result of our offense and coaching.  We don't get clean looks, we don't move the ball, and there's little player movement.  Other than handoffs, everyone in the starting lineup is a ball stopper and even DJ has become that to some extent.  We need an offensive identity that is something other than relying on Trae's vision as a passer in transition and spamming PnR

We do get Clean Looks.  We just have been missing the shots.  I know clean looks don't fit your agenda... but we do get clean looks.. we just miss. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae's 1-8 from 3 was not helpful, but he was 10-14 from. Why can't Nate design some CnS 3s for him?

None of his 3pt shots were good in rhythm shots, with his feet set. Every seemed rushed.

@Peoriabird Trae had 1 CnS 3, and that came in the corner with the shot clock winding down, 4 seconds left.

All Trae 3 point attempts.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FG3A&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200248&PlayerID=1629027&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

Oprah Winfrey Shrug GIF - Oprah Winfrey Shrug What Do You Know - Discover &  Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Oprah Winfrey Shrug GIF - Oprah Winfrey Shrug What Do You Know - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Haha 3