• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, Alf said:

Tough call for sure, but we beat ourselves tonight.

No.. it was the wrong call.   

1.  We missed Hunter tonight. 

2.  Despite 1, we looked good to start the third.

3.  Murray is slumping a bit. 

4.   Trae has to find confidence in his shot.   And not shoot as an answer. 

5.  JC played good.   But there were two fouls called on him that were very questionable. 

6.  JJ.. what the hell. 

1 minute ago, Alf said:

Tough call for sure, but we beat ourselves tonight.

We didn't beat ourselves. We actually did the opposite. We just didn't make shots and our two best players couldn't convert on jumpers. Most of their baskets were in the paint. Our two best guys gotta make their shots. I was impressed with Okongwu and JC. They came through tonight. I felt like A. Holiday played well too. Griffin was excellent on offense but defensively, he got murdered

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I am starting to think if you can shut down the Capela lob, that Trae struggles unless his 3 ball is on. He doesn’t have a very diverse game. He relies on oops, 3s and floaters to much. He didn’t even attempt a mind range shot today or anything else.

Garland, and Mitchell mixed up there shot selection. you don’t see that front Trae.

Garland and Mitchell don't pass as much either. 

Trae's offense is not going to be him running the midrange... not without the floater and the lob.   Our offense is missing movement.  That's partially Trae's fault.  But Nate needs to expand the play calls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It was always a pipe dream and lip service when it comes to Trae ever developing off the ball.  I don’t fault him at all either it’s hard af, no one demands any from him, and he got paid for being on it all the damn time anyway.  

As far as the other dude I was skeptical of DJ’s off ball game coming here based on his shot types and offensive rating, and he’s done nothing to ease my doubts.  His movement off the ball to create attack space for his teammates is mediocre, I don’t even expect him to space with his shot threat.  I haven’t seen him set a single solid screen.  And his cut game is all but non-existent.  He should be a cutting machine for Trae but no.  Kevin and Bogi did it seldomly but still more than he.

I’d give him an off ball grade of 3 out of 10 and that’s generous.

I put it on coaching. When we run sets we're not getting quality looks and then somebody is forced to create something off the fly. As talented as we are, we shouldn't be having so many possessions where the best shot we can generate is a contested midrange shot. McMillan has got to get the ball moving in different hands. JJ is the biggest glaring example of this. As gifted as he is he has nothing drawn up for him in this offense which is a travesty. Completely uncreative coaching that's being buoyed by a very talented squad.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We didn't beat ourselves. We actually did the opposite. We just didn't make shots and our two best players couldn't convert on jumpers. Most of their baskets were in the paint. Our two best guys gotta make their shots. I was impressed with Okongwu and JC. They came through tonight. I felt like A. Holiday played well too. Griffin was excellent on offense but defensively, he got murdered

Mitchell and Garland are too much for him at this point.  All and all he had some solid defensive possessions.  He's definetely a keeper. 

Tough loss! 

The Kings are going to be tough.  They put up points in the bunches. 

The Hawks keep winning one and losing one in this tough stretch of games. I hope they can beat the Kings. 

AJ still is impressing me. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Garland and Mitchell don't pass as much either. 

Trae's offense is not going to be him running the midrange... not without the floater and the lob.   Our offense is missing movement.  That's partially Trae's fault.  But Nate needs to expand the play calls. 

Trae can't make players cut to the basket or move. 

It's all Nate's philosophy.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No.. it was the wrong call.   

1.  We missed Hunter tonight. 

2.  Despite 1, we looked good to start the third.

3.  Murray is slumping a bit. 

4.   Trae has to find confidence in his shot.   And not shoot as an answer. 

5.  JC played good.   But there were two fouls called on him that were very questionable. 

6.  JJ.. what the hell. 

I felt JJ played well

• Like 3

What did Capela do tonight to play more then OO , and what did the Holidays do to play more than Jalen?

And John Collins didn’t grab 1 defensive rebound all game. Not 1. Wow. Other than those made 3’s he did nothing.

Cavs were on a back to back and outworked us..

Edited by terrell