• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

39 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Offensively Kev was fine. Problem is we often asked him to be our second go to guy and that's just not his strong suit offensively. His shot is streaky too, he's not going to keep on shooting 50% from the field, I can guarantee that. Defensively he was, and still is a liability. Still as a piece of the bench for us he would be a huge addition for us atm, and a massive step up from whatever production we get from the Hol bros. 

You sure DJM is a 2nd go to guy offensively?

Edited by terrell

14 minutes ago, terrell said:

You sure DJM is a 2nd go to guy offensively?

I think he can be a legit 2/3 option with him being a key playmaker. The issue is of late, where's the playmaking. He's been playing a lot of iso ball

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I watched AJ get three or four steals in his first start at 19 which is more than Hunter has ever gotten in a game and he's SIX YEARS older. I am not saying they just throw Hunter to the wolves or give him away for free like they foolishly did with Kevin. 

I am saying it is clear that AJ, right now, is a better player than Hunter and is only getting better the longer the season goes. At the end of this season it should be obvious that he should start over Hunter. At that point you move Hunter for a 3&D player and first rounders. That way you replace the hole on the bench for AJ and AJ takes over at SF. 

And honestly I am describing Hunter as J Holiday because that's all he is. Hunter is literally just a 3&D wing player. 

Lmaooo 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think he can be a legit 2/3 option with him being a key playmaker. The issue is of late, where's the playmaking. He's been playing a lot of iso ball

It doesn't help that DJM is a terrible passer.    Can't recall ever seeing a top flight guard make so many low passes to big men in tight quarters.    Did no one ever teach him that you don't throw bounce passes to big men? or passes to their waist?   You throw passes at or above their head.    Watching DJM make one terrible pass after another makes me appreciate Trae even more.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, shakes said:

It doesn't help that DJM is a terrible passer.    Can't recall ever seeing a top flight guard make so many low passes to big men in tight quarters.    Did no one ever teach him that you don't throw bounce passes to big men? or passes to their waist?   You throw passes at or above their head.    Watching DJM make one terrible pass after another makes me appreciate Trae even more.

And a terrible shooter.. How can you be a terrible passer and a terrible shooter and be a #2 guy on a Championship team? Gonna be interesting to see how this develops... Been telling yall Murray needs a stretch 5 on the floor with him.. Hes not a lob passer. Spurs had BIGS that could shoot..

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

DJM is not a terrible passer.  We're just used to seeing Trae so our standard is high.  Statistically he was a top 10 and maybe a top 5 guy last year.  

Terrible lob passer..  He needs to practice throwing lobs.... He passes the ball to CC inside like he has an offensive game.. Capela should catch lobs ONLY..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I watched AJ get three or four steals in his first start at 19 which is more than Hunter has ever gotten in a game and he's SIX YEARS older. I am not saying they just throw Hunter to the wolves or give him away for free like they foolishly did with Kevin. 

I am saying it is clear that AJ, right now, is a better player than Hunter and is only getting better the longer the season goes. At the end of this season it should be obvious that he should start over Hunter. At that point you move Hunter for a 3&D player and first rounders. That way you replace the hole on the bench for AJ and AJ takes over at SF. 

And honestly I am describing Hunter as J Holiday because that's all he is. Hunter is literally just a 3&D wing player. 

I thought @terrell was the king of bad takes until I saw this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Damn . . . I'm more low on Hunter than high on him, and even I think this is extreme.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Damn . . . I'm more low on Hunter than high on him, and even I think this is extreme.

Hunter does two things. He shoots catch and shoot threes at a good clip. He plays good man defense. He literally does nothing else. He has a career of multiple seasons where he has shown he only does two things. He is the literal definition of a 3&D player. I don't honestly know how anyone could possibly think higher of him than that.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hunter does two things. He shoots catch and shoot threes at a good clip. He plays good man defense. He literally does nothing else. He has a career of multiple seasons where he has shown he only does two things. He is the literal definition of a 3&D player. I don't honestly know how anyone could possibly think higher of him than that.

He's been more aggressive attacking the rim recently and he can put the ball on the floor to get good looks for himself. The list of things Hunter doesn't do is longer, so I get your frustration, but considering he shares the court with two high usage guards, I really don't think we need more from him in that position. Making Griffin a starter now won't make us a better team, even if he does have a wider skillset. We need defense the most which Hunter provides.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Been saying Hunter always grades poorly in advanced stats.  I’m really close to believing he should have left instead of Huerter.  Do not believe Hunter is a top 12 SF.

Huerter on fire vs Grizzlies right now.. smfh

Schlenk and Ressler are looking like the idiots they are around the league...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

He's been more aggressive attacking the rim recently and he can put the ball on the floor to get good looks for himself. The list of things Hunter doesn't do is longer, so I get your frustration, but considering he shares the court with two high usage guards, I really don't think we need more from him in that position. Making Griffin a starter now won't make us a better team, even if he does have a wider skillset. We need defense the most which Hunter provides.

3&D players don't average 15ppg, draw fouls, score from 3 levels, and hit FTs at a decent rate. If you want to bag him about rebounds, fine but he's not just a man defender, he can defend 4 positions at a high clip. I respect Sothron too much as a man to really say more. I will just disagree with him and move on.

• Like 3